Loaded gun found on Animal Kingdom ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoarderPhreak

For protection, that is why.
I am not licensed to carry in all states, that is why it will be stored in the car according to the requirements of each state. I have done my research on this and am very responsible.
I don't begrudge you protecting yourself - but you must be driving through some interesting areas.

He doesn't need to be. See 18 USC Sec. 926A, Interstate Transportation of Firearms, aka the "Peaceable Journey" law.
Try that in NYC. Go ahead. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
We have a Supreme Court that has spent decades (and even centuries) trying to determine what our Constitutional Rights are, and when they have been violated, and who has the final authority in enacting rules and laws. There are constantly cases questioning whether a private business/organization, municipality, state or federal governing agency has violated an individual's rights.

But he was not a responsible gun owner, so IMO his CCW permit should be revoked. He may also be facing some jail time and a fine for exhibiting a weapon in an unsafe manner - 1st degree misdemeanor.

ExtinctJenn

So to recap...

1) This guy was a grade-A moron for;
a) Bringing his gun to WDW, which is not allowed by Disney​
b) Keeping his gun in his back pocket instead of a proper holster​
c) Losing it​
2) Guns are legal in FL if properly licensed (which he was)
3) Guns are still legal to own in the USA
4) Terrorists are evil bastards
5) Disney has its own security plus local LE
6) Bag checks are a reasonable compromise
7) Further debates about guns and laws in the USA are really not the realm of WDWMagic discussion.
I think that pretty much sums it up! If increasing time at bag check protects me from "grade-A morons" then so be it! I'm all for it!

bebert

So to recap...

1) This guy was a grade-A moron for;
a) Bringing his gun to WDW, which is not allowed by Disney
b) Keeping his gun in his back pocket instead of a proper holster
c) Losing it
2) Guns are legal in FL if properly licensed (which he was)
3) Guns are still legal to own in the USA
4) Terrorists are evil bastards
5) Disney has its own security plus local LE
6) Bag checks are a reasonable compromise
7) Further debates about guns and laws in the USA are really not the realm of WDWMagic discussion.
Agreed on all points, now can anyone give me any advice on using the safe deposit boxes at the resorts.

bebert

I don't begrudge you protecting yourself - but you must be driving through some interesting areas.

Interstate highway at night, out of state plates, kids car seats, 105lb wife.. perfect target for any criminal. Our house was burglarized 3 years ago, that changed any prior thoughts I had about safety and the responsibility I have to protect my children.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The Toontown dry ice "bomb" was put there by an employee. I am not a Disney employee but I would imagine you are not screened by security prior to starting a shift.

Nope, they are. You go through a check of some sort.

With regards to the Disneyland situation, thats something that would be created on the spot. Its a very improvised thing.

BoarderPhreak

Interstate highway at night, out of state plates, kids car seats, 105lb wife.. perfect target for any criminal. Our house was burglarized 3 years ago, that changed any prior thoughts I had about safety and the responsibility I have to protect my children.
Seems extreme to pack heat, but I can understand that - especially after being burglarized.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
My guess is that no one brought Dry Ice into the park nor had too. I'm sure that they use dry ice all the time for keeping things frozen out in the hot Florida sun. So he didn't have to bring anything in, so to speak.

California, not Florida.

DizFiz

Wow! A moron having a gun at a Disney Park totally uncalled for regardless... glad the gun was reported by the guest and taken care of.

The Mom

Premium Member
Do you by chance have some sort of list of reasons why a CCW permit can be revoked? I was unable to find anything other than the official law that reads like stereo instructions. Also in my search I cam across an article written in 2008 when Florida was abut to hit 1 million CCW permits. That article noted that to date only 4 CCW had been revoked. If that number is remotely correct is seems like the only reason this person will loose their CCW is due to the attention it has received.

It's a long list. ;) If any of the following are reported to the state, your license will be suspended or revoked. But it's even more difficult than revoking a driver's license unless there is an incident, as the general public, or even family members, may not know you have one.

Physical infirmity that renders handling of firearm/weapon unsafe.
Felony conviction
Found guilty of any drug crime
Committed as substance abuser
2 DUI convictions within 3 years
3 disorderly intoxication convictions within 12 months
Adjudicated as an incapacitated person
Committed to a mental institution
Chronic user of alcohol or other substances
Convicted of using firearm while under influence
Withheld adjudication on any felony, or any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (until 3 years elapsed since completion of sentence and all conditions)
Current injunction against repeat or domestic violence

Otherwise prohibited from possession/purchase of firearm by FL or federal law which would be:
>felony indictment or information - pending
>withheld adjudication on felony or misdemeanor crime of domestic violence if plead guilty, or if found guilty after trial
>arrest for any dangerous crime per F.S. 907.041 - pending
>arrest for any violation of C.790 - pending (this is the chapter that covers all firearms and weapons)
>arrest for resisting officer with violence, drug crime, extortion, explosives, assisting suicide, treason, sabotage, criminal anarchy - pending

Found guilty (or suspended sentence) of any felony or misdemeanor which involves violence (until 3 years after completion of sentence and all conditions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom