Living With The Land closing for 10 day refurbishment in September

FigmentsFangirl

If they fix the monkey holding the vine which used to make it 'rain' onto the roof of the boats as it passed him by would be good, now the thing just holds onto it as if its going to fall off its log

IMFearless

Right, I always notice the string-rain (lol), but I can remember times when I was offloading from the ride and water would still be dripping off the covering on top of the ride vehicle.

Or am I just crazy?

You're not crazy. It definitely did rain in one of the early scenes, when I was there in 2011.

I too recall water dripping from the canopy throughout the ride.

The scene was short but the effect was good in my opinion.

I only remembered it because it was something I didn't recall seeing before.

wdwtopten

You're not crazy. It definitely did rain in one of the early scenes, when I was there in 2011.

I too recall water dripping from the canopy throughout the ride.

The scene was short but the effect was good in my opinion.

I only remembered it because it was something I didn't recall seeing before.

Thank goodness someone else remembers!

Crazydisneyfanluke

LwtL is now open. The only change we noticed is that it feels a LOT slower. To the point that we were not sure if we were even still moving at times. That may be due to testing and final adjustment of the refurbished ride system though.
I noticed back in April when i went it was painfully slow. A lot slower than usual. To a point where the boat behind us (which was half full vs. full) caught up to us as we were leaving the green house.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
LwtL is now open. The only change we noticed is that it feels a LOT slower. To the point that we were not sure if we were even still moving at times. That may be due to testing and final adjustment of the refurbished ride system though.
Waterfall? Crocs?

Monorail Lime

Waterfall? Crocs?
Wet and animated!
image.jpg image.jpg

SkippingSpud

Just came off it an hour ago. Here's what I noticed (I last rode in May so apologize if these aren't all new) ;
-Waterfalls are working, including crocodiles (albeit not very well)
-Monkey was actually moving this time
-Boats are moving incredibly slowly
-Desert has no heat (seem to remember it being warm in there?!)
-I witnessed 2 boats getting stuck on the new squeaky, noisy belt and people were having to row their boats along
-Last scene is looking incredibly untidy with footsteps marks on the side
-Doors still aren't working
-Audo animatronics MAY have had a few enhancements
-The lightening somehow seemed brighter and sharper.
-Few new plants and supports dotted around.

MerlinTheGoat

EDIT- sorry, another post was made prior to mine that I didn't see. Thanks for the additional info that answered some of my questions. I'd like to see a somewhat longer and more in-depth refurb than this. Nice to see a few improvements but still lots of work to do. Maybe a month or two next time at least, hopefully not too far out. Love this ride and urgently wish to see it shine again.

I hope "minor animatronic adjustments" mean that they were all moving properly. The monkeys in the rainforest in particular have been mostly broken for quite a while (same for the majority of the bugs in the scene), some of the farm animals had been very sluggish as well (particular the buffalo).

Two other questions for anyone who rode it today-
1- Is the vertical sliding door separating the greenhouse entrance from the farmhouse scene finally working?
2- How are the rain effects in the beginning scenes looking? The effect is achieved by spotlights on suspended wires, but the light alignment is a bit off and in need of adjusting.

I'd say the ride probably needed substantially longer than this refurb, scenes prior to the greenhouse have been looking pretty dirty and dull. Most scenes could use a thorough repaint.

The air conditioning had also been very subdued inside the interior ride. Probably doesn't help that the greenhouse doors are broken, though poor AC is actually a recurring issue across other areas of WDW (monorails in particular have been mentioned negatively in the past few days as having broken AC).

I don't recall this volcanic rock scene in the first greenhouse, is it new?

View attachment 111059 View attachment 111060
The rock structure itself has been there. Even Martin's old tribute videos of the original "Listen to the Land" version from the 80's and 90's had the volcanic rock planter. However at some point in 2014 (don't know exactly when), they removed the sand/rock and filled the structure with water and installed a water fall. It had previously been a dry planter filled with non-aqueous plants (pineapples or other relatively dry plants). The water features are fairly new, installed at some point during 2014 I believe. Though they were already present before the refurb regardless.

I'm a fan of what they did there, the water feature is quite pleasant to look at and adds some nice additional atmosphere and visual appeal. It seems to actually be relatively common to see changes being done to the greenhouse exhibits (they recently altered some of the exhibits at the end of the greenhouse as well), but this is the first time I remember a substantial change being made to this particular exhibit. I like it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom