Living With The Land closing for 10 day refurbishment in September

SkippingSpud

In regards to the animatronics, most of them were in pretty bad shape still. The buffalo still appeared to be sluggish and at times I had to look carefully to notice any movement at all. The only differences I noticed was the monkey on the left hand side hanging on the branch was moving and the crocodiles had somewhat jerky movements but we're operational. Everything else, to me, appeared the same.
The rain effect I can't say for sure whether the lights have been readjusted, however it did appear to be more realistic.

the thing which disappoints me the most is the sliding doors have not been addressed. I was really hoping these would be fixed, but evidently, they just aren't important anymore.:(

Next Big Thing

The thing that really es me off the most about this ride these days is that it isn't hot in the desert anymore. They obviously didn't find it high enough priority to fix during the refurb either.

FutureWorld1982

the thing which disappoints me the most is the sliding doors have not been addressed. I was really hoping these would be fixed, but evidently, they just aren't important anymore.:(

They were supposed to be fixed early this year. Sadly, it didn't happen due to some changes "behind the scenes."

Mouse Trap

I took the Behind The Scenes tour the day before the refurb began and was told by the CM's that basically the only reason for the refurb was to remove and replace a certain massive tree. Of course I can't remember the name of this tree, but it appears in one of the early scenes and is/was quite large and distinctive.

Can anyone confirm since obviously there has been no changes to show effects?

rael ramone

Did the ride & the backstage tour about a week ago.

The guide said there was a fair amount of plants switched out, some moved, etc... Don't remember which ones, the guide mentioned some. (Mostly in the tropical greenhouse IIRC - first one reached via boat).

The leafminer cages (seen only on the tour) seemed to me to be cleaned up (made of plexiglass).

KikoKea

We didn't notice much in the way of changes, other than a new plant or two. Isn't there supposed to be something moving in the first desert scene? A lizard? And, the boats made a horrible noise on ramp going to the unload station. Lots of room on those stages with the movies playing- can't they at least put a few props in front of the screens?

muddyrivers

We didn't notice much in the way of changes, other than a new plant or two. Isn't there supposed to be something moving in the first desert scene? A lizard? And, the boats made a horrible noise on ramp going to the unload station. Lots of room on those stages with the movies playing- can't they at least put a few props in front of the screens?

I actually like the emptiness there as it forces you to focus on the video screens and not have wandering eyes looking all over the place. Besides, there's plenty of props on the other side of the boat.

On a different note, as everyone has been saying, the squeaking at unload/load was horrendous. Besides that, refurb looked great. Hadn't been here in about 3 years so don't remember the minutia, but I certainly enjoyed it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom