Living With The Land closing for 10 day refurbishment in September

Mukta

Damn it. Those are the dates of my trip and LwtL is one of my favorites. I usually ride it 2 or 3 times a day in Epcot. :(

FigmentsFangirl

Wow, thankfully LWtL will be open when I get there in August, we leave for home on the 8th Sept anyhow. I make a point to ride it at least three times per visit to Epcot, same with JIIWF; I love both, and honestly, LWtL needs as much love as it can get, that rainforst scene, pretty much only one butterfly and two aligators work, that's it

wdwtopten

It does "rain" in the scenes at the very beginning, the scenes right after load but before the rainforest. It's not real rain technically, they achieve the effect by shining spotlights on reflective wire strung between the ceiling and scenery. I don't recall whether it rains in the rainforest scene, possibly. But there are waterfalls in the rainforest scene.

Though I think recently some of the lights are somewhat off center with the strings, so the effect is less pronounced than it should be.

Right, I always notice the string-rain (lol), but I can remember times when I was offloading from the ride and water would still be dripping off the covering on top of the ride vehicle.

Or am I just crazy?

Cmdr_Crimson

Right, I always notice the string-rain (lol), but I can remember times when I was offloading from the ride and water would still be dripping off the covering on top of the ride vehicle.

Or am I just crazy?

It's probably due to the sprinkler system in the greenhouses some water might drip onto the awnings....

NelsonRD

Actually, I'd be ecstatic if they ever gave a tour/class on how to do hydroponics....

I know the Behind the Seeds tour has been mentioned, but when I went, they were handing these out - do they not do this anymore?

Attachments

• Land.jpg
    Land.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 146

Monorail_Red_77

I never got those either but I never asked... My garden is sucking this year could use the instructions. LOl

LOL
I can hear you now.

(in Homer Simpson voice) Darn you tomatos! You had better follow steps 5 to 14 on page 8 or its the sauce pan for you!!
Why you little!!!!
Squish. Squish. Squish.
Doh!
;)

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

When we went in October, they had flyers available but didn't hand them out. You could take one if you were interested. I'm sure this was done to cut down on waste since not everyone took a flyer. We did. I'm trying to figure out where I filed it to no avail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom