Living With The Land closing for 10 day refurbishment in September

wdwtopten

I do remember a bit of misting in the Rainforest scene years back. If I remember it was more like the misting fans you see in outside lines but without the fan part.

That was probably it. I remember there was some sort of rain effect, because afterward I thought to myself "that's why the ride vehicles have tops/roofs on them!"

V_L_Raptor

I know the Behind the Seeds tour has been mentioned, but when I went, they were handing these out - do they not do this anymore?

Not sure what they do now. At one time, those handouts were available through the teachers' center in Communicore/Innoventions, then later they could be found after much describing and querying at Epcot GS. My guess is that they are probably available at the tour desk in the pavilion... Maybe after a lot of describing or querying, in case the CM there doesn't know they exist. (Saw that before...)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
That was probably it. I remember there was some sort of rain effect, because afterward I thought to myself "that's why the ride vehicles have tops/roofs on them!"

The boats in the attraction have roofs for many reasons. The primary reason is show. The attraction uses overhead lights and effects (string rain light projection effect is one of them). You will find most lights and effects are located above you. Additionally, you will note that the float through environment shares space with a restaurant that rotates through it above. The roofs also help minimize it's impact on the show. If you want to see the greenhouse area roofs and geodesic dome, you can take the backstage tour which is worth it at least once in your life.

*1023*

MerlinTheGoat

Replanting and often restructuring areas in the green houses are done on stage with guests floating by. No need to close it for swapping out plants..

*1023*
This. They've actually changed out a lot of the plants in the past year, there were several cast members in May working on the rockwork water fountain (containing rice and water lilies among other plants) right after you enter the greenhouse. There were a number of other new plant exhibits since my prior visit in October 2014 as well.

DManRightHere

I'm talkin tomatoes or other veggies/fruit. I have no need to figure out that other stuff, though if it becomes legal in VA, I'd start a greenhouse.

Need licenses and heavily regulated! I wish I were into that stuff sometimes, could be a good way to make money when it first starts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom