Living With The Land closing for 10 day refurbishment in September

Nubs70

I asked the intern about how they treated for root slime, peroxide etc... She told me that they scrub the floors if it becomes an issue???

Cmdr_Crimson

I say bring the Kitchen Kabaret characters and add them to LWTL and making it a musical journey and utilize those movie screens for 3D tech...And rename it to the one kids area that was used during F&W several years ago..
Kitchen_Karnivale-goldhaber.jpg

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I'm just happy this old girl will finally get some love. She should at least look good when she comes out of the refurb. Hoping the doors are finally fixed, but don't know.

In a way its kind of the only thing left of the old Epcot we all loved, well energy I guess to an extent, but will be nice to see it get a clean up. I havent noticed anything major with it recently except none of the animatronics in the rainforest ever seem to work. So hopefully that will get fixed. I liked the previous narrator better too, the woman who was before the current poeplemover narrator they are using now.

Mike S

In a way its kind of the only thing left of the old Epcot we all loved, well energy I guess to an extent, but will be nice to see it get a clean up. I havent noticed anything major with it recently except none of the animatronics in the rainforest ever seem to work. So hopefully that will get fixed. I liked the previous narrator better too, the woman who was before the current poeplemover narrator they are using now.
American Adventure.

draybook

I was sad when I first read this I am going to be 32 weeks pregnant during the trip and already having POC closed I was gunna say oh great another one I can do will be closed but My first Epcot day isn't until the 18th :)

That's our first day at Epcot as well. And ironically, my wife will be about 36 weeks pregnant.

wdwtopten

Didn't Living With the Land used to have a section where it rained? Was it when you were going through the rainforest? I ask because the last couple of times that I've been on the attraction there was no rain...

MerlinTheGoat

Didn't Living With the Land used to have a section where it rained? Was it when you were going through the rainforest? I ask because the last couple of times that I've been on the attraction there was no rain...
It does "rain" in the scenes at the very beginning, the scenes right after load but before the rainforest. It's not real rain technically, they achieve the effect by shining spotlights on reflective wire strung between the ceiling and scenery. I don't recall whether it rains in the rainforest scene, possibly. But there are waterfalls in the rainforest scene.

Though I think recently some of the lights are somewhat off center with the strings, so the effect is less pronounced than it should be.

dizneeboy

I wish they'd bring back the old catchy living with the land song to pep it up. The first set of scenes and animatronics are nostalgic, the greenhouse is always fun to see what's going on but without the catchy song it just feels too sleepy.

MerlinTheGoat

I do actually really like the current music, particularly the relaxing tune that plays at the beginning scene right after the load area. Though Listen to the Land would be awesome to hear again starting at the farmhouse and going through some of the greenhouse (they already play similar music in those segments anyways so nothing would be lost by switching to a more classic and catchy tune there).

I'd like to find a way to have both though, i love the peaceful and tranquil music at the beginning. Fits perfectly with the nature and ecological atmosphere, better I daresay than Listen to the Land in these first few specific scenes. This ride is so peaceful and nice to ride, a wonderful and appreciated contrast from the rest of what WDW has become IMO. But Listen to the Land would be great for the agricultural segments, so...

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom