Living Seas

subhuman

Original Poster
Hello. I am new to this site. Everyone is so informative. I was wondering if anyone knows when The Living Seas ride part is going to open again. I was there in Nov. 2002 and it was not operating. I'm going back in Oct. 2003 and I'm hoping it will be operating then. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JSC:hammer:

Dizknee_Phreek

as far as i know, there's been no word or even rumor of its reopening any time soon...but ya just never know. Oct. is still a pretty long way away so anything can happen.

CREEKWAYNE

Welcome to the boards subhuman!:wave: As Dizknee_Phreek already stated. To the best of my knowledge. There is not set time table.

Chernabog

My first suggestion if you'rereally interestedis that there have been numerous posts on this topic that were done awhile ago andif you'rereally interested youshouldlook them up here. The quick answer is that (I heared) they are planningon reopening that part ofthe pavilion but it might be a very very longtime till they do. Like after they do the "Little Mermaid" change and/or connect the Living Seas to The Land. So, I wouldn't expect itto be open when yougo backthis October o even next October for hat matter. Sorry for the bad news.

Pippa

Hi subhuman! Welcome to disneyholics heaven! As long as i get to see manatees i dont really mind if Living Seas is open ! Might see you there i am going in October too.

jcrb

Originally posted by Chernabog
Like after they do the "Little Mermaid" change and/or connect the Living Seas to The Land. So, I wouldn't expect itto be open when yougo backthis October o even next October for hat matter. Sorry for the bad news.

If they do the "Little Mermaid" change.

I don't think Disney going to go through with all the Gemini plans.
Why? Money, Economy, Tourism

SirNim

I hope they don't go through with Gemini period! But that's another argument for another thread.:animwink: :) ;)

:D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I think its very doubtful the sea cabs will open anytime in the near future... Maybe if and when Living Seas ever gets a new sponsor... maybe then.

Pioneer Hall

The odds of the sea cabs reopening, are slim to none. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of us will see them on our future trips.

Luke1984

What? No!!!! I've never been to Epcot and I was looking forward to enjoying some time at the Living Seas!!

So what is exactly opened and what is closed? What will I miss and what will I get to see?

dox

YOu definitely are not missing much. The seacabs were lame-o. You actually get a better view from the viewing rooms. I for one have always been disappointed by Living Seas. As i wrote elsewhere, the original plans for LS were quite different. And involved a journey through the sea in a pearl shaped ride vehicle that would enclose. Whether you were actually underwater or not I don't remember. I have the book back home in florida released prior to Epcot's opening about all the park plans. Once I get it i'll write a brief summary here for anyone interested. Not only was Living Seas different but i recall that germany and japan were supposed to have rides/attractions as well.

Hey Dizknee_Phreek :sohappy: - i always love seeing your posts...cuz i always agree with you. He he he. Btw did you do that wdw poll about your park favorites.

kaos

Originally posted by dox
YOu definitely are not missing much. The seacabs were lame-o. You actually get a better view from the viewing rooms. I for one have always been disappointed by Living Seas. As i wrote elsewhere, the original plans for LS were quite different. And involved a journey through the sea in a pearl shaped ride vehicle that would enclose. Whether you were actually underwater or not I don't remember. I have the book back home in florida released prior to Epcot's opening about all the park plans. Once I get it i'll write a brief summary here for anyone interested. Not only was Living Seas different but i recall that germany and japan were supposed to have rides/attractions as well.

Hey Dizknee_Phreek :sohappy: - i always love seeing your posts...cuz i always agree with you. He he he. Btw did you do that wdw poll about your park favorites.

no sponsor=no ride

the original artist rendering for TLS had an enclosed seacb to take you to Seabase Alpha, but it was not practical in any way. the only parts of TLS that are open are a few of the viewing windows, the upper part of the aquarium, and of course, Giftshop Alpha.

and yes, Japan was supposed to have a show called Meet the World that instead found a home at Tokyo DL, although it is now closed there, and Germany's governmnet pulled the funding for the Rhine river ride... ever wonder why the darn pavilion is so big???

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by dox

awwww, thanks, dox!!! :D :sohappy: i'm always happy to see your posts too!
i'm not sure if i did that poll or not. i'll check.

Chad

Just a quick thought, thats been plaguing me...
If they do go through with the LS change..Would you guys think it would be more appropriate to have the 'Finding Nemo' Characters in there, instead of the little mermaid? I haven't seen Nemo yet (As I don't think anyone has) Butit just trikes me as a more realistic 'sea life' movie, rather then the fantasy and magic thatte little mermaid has..And I just think having a clown fish ( real species o creature) tell you about the coral reef he lives in fits better into epcot then a mythical, musical, mermaid.

What do ya'll think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom