Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney on Tuesday responded to recent harsh criticisms made by Peter Dinklage about the upcoming live-action remake of Snow White."

"Disney attempted to set the record straight following the remarks.

“To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community. We look forward to sharing more as the film heads into production after a lengthy development period,” a Disney spokesperson said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter."

Magenta Panther

"Disney on Tuesday responded to recent harsh criticisms made by Peter Dinklage about the upcoming live-action remake of Snow White."

"Disney attempted to set the record straight following the remarks.

“To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community. We look forward to sharing more as the film heads into production after a lengthy development period,” a Disney spokesperson said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter."

This knee-jerk reaction by Disney to one actor's opinion is so absurd one hardly knows how to respond to it.

"Stereotypes"? WHAT stereotypes? Of Dwarfs? Does anyone think that Walt and company based their interpretation of the storybook dwarfs on actual people? Good god.

I wonder if Disney realizes that every time they do this kind of thing, it makes them look cringingly overanxious, overwoke, and actually damages their own classics that they are (unnecessarily) remaking into live-action versions. Like the stupid assertion that the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp were racist, this nonsense involving the Dwarfs makes Snow White now look racist. When it sure as hell isn't! They're fairy-tale dwarfs! What's next - are the Munchkins in the Wizard of Oz now racist?

Disney, just don't make the damn movie. Nobody wants it anyway. Stop maligning the classic films that built the company by giving in to overwrought hysterical hyperbole. I guarantee that MOST people think you're being stupid here. If Twitter is blowing up over it (I wouldn't know, but I'd bet it is) remember the immortal words of Dave Chappelle: TWITTER ISN'T REAL.

mf1972

haven’t read the other pages, but i wouldn’t mind having charlize theron play the evil queen. she was over the top great in the 1st huntsman movie

EPCOT-O.G.

Bumping this thread so that the photos can be discussed here and not the other threads.
The discussion so far has been:

“Wow, these photos look kind of lame.”

“You can’t trust the Daily Mail. Disney says they’re fake.”

“Looks like they’re from the production, but have a few stand-ins and aren’t official release photos. Daily Beast has retracted its correction.”

“Yeah but you can’t trust the Daily Mail. Why do you hate everything?”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No WAY those photos are real! If they are real, then they are stand-ins for major CGI replacements.
In a statement to The Independent, a Disney spokesperson clarified: “The images that ran [in the Daily Mail] are not official film photos. These show stand-ins for some talent and do not feature Rachel Zegler or Andrew Burnap.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom