Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Minnesota disney fan

Come on Disney! It's about time to use your imagineers and do something new! You know,like you used to do?
I watched a clip with Chapek in which he said something like this (don't remember the exact order): Why not buy all the IP's just because we can! Then we use them all. If we let others buy the IP's they would use them too".
I wish just once they would have an excellent original thought like they used to. Now it's just use IP's over and over and over. I won't even watch any redo's from disney. Just my POV.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Andrew Burnap, who won a Tony Award last year for his performance in The Inheritance, has nabbed the male lead in Disney’s live-action take on its 1938 animated classic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

The actor joins a high-wattage cast that includes Rachel Zegler as Snow White and Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen in the retelling that is being directed by Marc Webb. According to sources, Burnap is set to portray a new male character created for the film and will sing."

NateD1226

Original Poster
"Andrew Burnap, who won a Tony Award last year for his performance in The Inheritance, has nabbed the male lead in Disney’s live-action take on its 1938 animated classic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

The actor joins a high-wattage cast that includes Rachel Zegler as Snow White and Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen in the retelling that is being directed by Marc Webb. According to sources, Burnap is set to portray a new male character created for the film and will sing."

Step in Time

My fan casting for the seven dwarfs

Neil deGrasse Tyson as Doc
Rowan Atkinson as Dopey
Elijah Wood as Bashful
Samuel L. Jackson as Grumpy
Christopher Walken as Sleepy
Kenan Thompson as Happy
Sneezy could be played by anyone

MarvelCharacterNerd

My fave publicity photo of this guy from today's news coverage:

1642127026255.png

The pic says "Hi, I have tech neck, but just check out the gorgeous detailing of my sleeve!"

:D

Sorry, I have friends with equally ridiculous "try to look casual" modeling shots that are just as much "what is this supposed to sell again?" (besides a beautiful person - and he is beautiful, no question)

MarvelCharacterNerd

I was wondering since the original story is now considered problematic (and Sleeping Beauty too I guess?), maybe this new character just becomes her bff and gives her solid relationship advice about not marrying a guy she just met even if he's a good kisser?

And also noting that she can probably find better employment opportunities than housekeeper for a mining team if she ups her skill sets. Perhaps concentrating on her culinary career since she seems to like baking?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was wondering since the original story is now considered problematic (and Sleeping Beauty too I guess?), maybe this new character just becomes her bff and gives her solid relationship advice about not marrying a guy she just met even if he's a good kisser?

And also noting that she can probably find better employment opportunities than housekeeper for a mining team if she ups her skill sets. Perhaps concentrating on her culinary career since she seems to like baking?
I look forward to the make-over/shopping montage!

CaptinEO

I love how they "remake" their movie that has been popular for 100 years based on a fairytale popular for centuries by redoing the whole story.

Just like all these dumb live action remakes I'm sure 4 months after it comes out no one will remember it.

Families want to go in and see the Snow White movie and story, not some dumb fan fiction thing about Snow White's cool Robinhood boyfriend and about how Snow White is a physisict at the local university.

Yes Disney I know women are equals to men but why do each of your movies need to teach me a preschool lesson?

Animaniac93-98

Just like all these dumb live action remakes I'm sure 4 months after it comes out no one will remember it.

And in the case of this particular remake, in the years to come the memory of it will be blurred with Mirror Mirror, Snow White and the Huntsman [1 & 2], and probably Once Upon a Time too.

Meanwhile the original Disney cartoon Snow White will live on thanks to its continued presence in parks and merchandise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And in the case of this particular remake, in the years to come the memory of it will be blurred with Mirror Mirror, Snow White and the Huntsman [1 & 2], and probably Once Upon a Time too.

Meanwhile the original Disney cartoon Snow White will live on thanks to its continued presence in parks and merchandise.
Waitasec! Are you saying they *aren't* destroying all copies of the original animated feature, removing it from Disney+, and retheming all the Snow White/Dwarfs attractions to the new Live-Action version???!!!?!?!

CaptinEO

I mean regardless of Disney parks and merchandise it really is a well made fun, scary, and charming fantasy film with great visuals too.

Im sure current Disney probably thinks all the old films that were actually miles above what they make now are "problematic" since they don't all feature people of color with PHDs.

I'm all for showing all cultures and people, but don't force things into a story that never needed it. I remember for the live action beauty and the beast movie they make Belle invent a washing machine. Which isn't a terrible thing but it's pointless to the plot of the movie.

Artful_Dodger

I've been very open and welcoming to these live action remakes. I enjoy seeing these stories retold with new tech, actors, and fresh takes on various aspects of each tale.

With that being said, I am torn on how I feel about a Snow White remake. I feel like it's the Holy Grail, leave it alone, crowning achievement of not only TWDC, but animated cinema overall.
Let it stand as itself, no sequels, remakes, or other adaptations as Walt's premier masterpiece.

Animaniac93-98

I've been very open and welcoming to these live action remakes. I enjoy seeing these stories retold with new tech, actors, and fresh takes on various aspects of each tale.

With that being said, I am torn on how I feel about a Snow White remake. I feel like it's the Holy Grail, leave it alone, crowning achievement of not only TWDC, but animated cinema overall.
Let it stand as itself, no sequels, remakes, or other adaptations as Walt's premier masterpiece.

I think it's pretty telling that they never made a direct-to-video sequel to Snow White, unlike Cinderella, Bambi etc

You could say it's because there was no story to tell, but that didn't stop them from making Fox and the Hound 2.

I feel even Eisner and the rest knew better and to leave it alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom