Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

brb1006

If you excuse me, I'm going to rewatch the "Live on Stage" version of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs to erase what ever the heck those dwarfs are.

I need to see the Dwarfs in full HD glory!
51AAFQJXDCL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Sharon&Susan

I don't think a faithful Snow White remake would've made money in a post-Covid world. But, doing one of these souless Disney remakes (which are dependent on people's nostalgia) with only the most superficial resemblances to the animated original seems to be an even worse idea if they want to make money.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

I had to check this one a few different places... seems at the least we're seeing a few actor doubles?

Also, from an article-

"it was announced earlier that there will be no Prince Charming coming to save a lost Snow White, but instead focus more on the main character following her leadership dreams."

Good lord. Good luck with this one Disney.

LittleBuford

Shouldn’t we be waiting until we see this? I mean that’s what we’re repeatedly told… /sarcasm
I’m not excited for this remake, and I realise you’re being sarcastic, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to argue that one should wait for the film to actually come out before making any definitive pronouncements about it.

Ghost93

Also, from an article-

"it was announced earlier that there will be no Prince Charming coming to save a lost Snow White, but instead focus more on the main character following her leadership dreams."
Maybe Snow White can start a food co-op with her seven dwarf magical creature friends. The Evil Queen can provide the apples. It can be a story about two powerful women overcoming their differences and coming together to start a successful business.

Willmark

I’m not excited for this remake, and I realise you’re being sarcastic, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to argue that one should wait for the film to actually come out before making any definitive pronouncements about it.
There has been a vocal poster repeating this time and time again and Disney continues to turn out financially underperforming movies of varying degrees. That somehow restraint is required to determine if it will be a success or failure. Respectfully that is not required. It doesn’t take much to surmise that this will likely be the same.

And again I say this with no vested interest one way or the other than observing the results. For me, watching Disney is just another data point in the wider world to monitor as its cultural relevance is a lightning rod these days.

YMMV

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

They spent an inflation adjusted average of $200 Million on the 3 live remakes before Mermaid. Then for Mermaid that production budget jumped up to a staggering $250 Million (which is why Mermaid will lose Millions for Disney at the box office). But for this, let's hope that they dropped back down below $200 Million.

Still, even if the budget was only $75 Million for this thing, it's likely going to lose money at the box office.

Brace for impact next March. I can't wait to do facts and data on this one. :eek:

I can't wait to read them.

TP2000

I'm just going to assume this is some sort of psyop until I see proof to the contrary.

I can never really support conspiracy theories like that because I just honestly don't think most humans are that organized.

I put Disney executives firmly in the "Not Organized Enough" category when it comes to their decision to cast these people as the 7 Dwarves.

Vegas Disney Fan

I had to check this one a few different places... seems at the least we're seeing a few actor doubles?

Also, from an article-

Good lord. Good luck with this one Disney.

I often accuse the Disney higher ups of being stuck in a SoCal echo chamber but even they can’t be so dense as to think this is what the masses want to see. This reads like an onion article written to mock the far left, as does the Tiana backstory. If Disney truly believes this is what people want to see this years box office losses are going to look minor compared to their future losses.

LittleBuford

This reads like an onion article written to mock the far left
Yes, it reads as parody, but it isn’t actually a statement from Disney. From what I can tell, Snow White will have a love interest, though he is a Robin Hood-type character rather than a prince. His name is Jonathan and he is to be played by Andrew Burnap, whose interview on the matter seems to be source of the somewhat misleading “there will be no Prince Charming” verbiage:

That was something that I did the old-fashioned way. I auditioned for it and they said they liked me, so that was quite an easy yes. I think being a part of something as grand and iconic and beloved as Snow White is another dream come true. I get to play a whole new character which is so fun and working with Rachel and Gal was an absolute dream and Marc Webb, our director, is such a great guy and has such a clear vision for this beloved fairy tale. It’s a new story in the sense that it’s no longer a princess waiting to be saved by a prince, but a princess waiting to be saved by herself and finding her voice, her strength and her courage and actually, in the end, saving everyone around her. So I just had an absolute blast working on that. And I think Rachel is truly a once-in-a-generation talent and I hope people will be as moved by what she did as I was.​

Tha Realest

There has been a vocal poster repeating this time again and time again and Disney continues to turn out financially underperforming movies of varying degrees. That somehow restraint is required to determine if it will be a success or failure. Respectfully that is not required. It doesn’t take much to surmise that this will likely be the same.

And again I say this with no vested interest one way or the other than observing the results. For me, watching Disney is just another data point in the wider world to monitor as its cultural relevance is a lightning rod these days.

YMMV
Whether it’s films or unique hotel experiences, you cannot prejudge how it would seem to appeal to guests and audiences.

Once reviews come in, you cannot weigh in unless you have seen or experienced it yourself.

Once the financial performance is apparent, you then move the goalposts to add in auxiliary income streams to show that it will never really be a failure.

And once it’s kaput - hey, Disney tried here, and that’s all that really matters, isn’t it?

WorldExplorer

Whether it’s films or unique hotel experiences, you cannot prejudge how it would seem to appeal to guests and audiences.

Once reviews come in, you cannot weigh in unless you have seen or experienced it yourself.

Once the financial performance is apparent, you then move the goalposts to add in auxiliary income streams to show that it will never really be a failure.

And once it’s kaput - hey, Disney tried here, and that’s all that really matters, isn’t it?

Don't forget that some classics were a financial failure on release, so you don't really KNOW Remake #26 won't be beloved and a money maker decades from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom