Littlekitten's Monstrous Trip Report

Well hi folks, this is my first ever attempt at a TR so you'll have to bear with me if I get anything wrong :oops:. So sitting here by the pool, at our fab villa, writing this as everyone else is asleep!!!

Yesterday was our first full day here, and so we headed out at 7am in search of some sustenance, we decided to head up to the Golden Corral at little lake Bryan, and as always it didn't disappoint.

From there we headed up to Florida Mall, for a little bit of retail therapy, my 10 year old and 13 year old had money burning holes in there pockets :rolleyes:. So my son brought his 1st pair of Oakleys,
and my daughter hit te make-up and Aeropostale, old navy, and a&f and ..... You lot know the score.
9106927491_efc67c7b52_d.jpg

My DD in the turqouise and my DS trying to eat the M&M
Then we stop for a quick bite at Charleys, and then headed back to the villa for a quick swim in the pool.

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
DAY 4 - Sunday 26th May.

Well today we were supposed to be going to Typhoon Lagoon. But the natives decided that they wanted a complete day of rest as they were tired. So

We got up went to Golden Corral for breakfast and this is how the rest of the rest day panned out!!!:rolleyes:

Went up to Pro Bass Shop at Festival Bay Mall, then went to Bed,Bath and Beyond, then tired to get ito Premium Outlets at the top of !-Drive but the queue to park was so long it took us 20-30 mins just to get in and out of the car park!!!! So we decided to head back to Florida Mall, where we got parked straight away and then preceeded to have a good afternoon of retail therapy :D:D. We also had a Five Guys for lunch (these were reccommended by a friend) and they didn't disappoint.

Headed back to the villa where we had a smashing time splashing around in the pool for a couple of hours.

We then decided to head out for dinner, we decided to try a new restuarant that we heard of called Teak Neigborhood Grill, http://www.teakorlando.com/#!about_us/c12dk, have a look its awesome.

The food there is so wonderful, and flavourful it is extraordinary i cant describe how utterly delicious it was. The photos (which are coming) dont even do it justice!!!
9109140458_a769b69ea5_d.jpg

9106925981_42e9157cc6_d.jpg

9109086818_ea8b6423b9_d.jpg

after we had eaten and had to roll ourselves out of the restaurant we decided to head back to DTD for a mooch around the shops and walk off our dinner. Then home for bed as we had a early start the next morning!!!:rolleyes:

More to follow....... thanks for reading :)

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Your raspberry martini sounds good. I may have to try one. I love Five Guys. They add grilled onions and mushrooms on top. mmmmm.
The Raspberry martini was really awsome they quoted it as being a freshly made Martini and it really was. You must try one ;) And if you like Red wine they have 7 deadly zins, which is absolutely awesome, in fact i found somewhere to buy it while we were out there to bring some home with me :D :D its extremely expensive over here.

9109151994_60d007c1bb_d.jpg

I hear you about Five Guys, had a double with bacon cheese onions ketchup and mustard and oh yes it was mmmmmmm.;) Why oh why can we not have burger joints like that over here!!! Having withdrawal symptons as I type lol

Pooh'sBuddy

The Raspberry martinin was really awsome they quoted it as being a freshly made MArtini and it really was. You must try one ;) And if you like Red wine they have 7 deadly zins, which is absolutely awesome, in fact i found somewhere to buy it while we were out there to bring some home with me :D :D its extremely expensive over here.

I hear you about Five Guys, had a double with bacon cheese onions ketchup and mustard and oh yes it was mmmmmmm.;) Why oh why can we not have burger joints like that over here!!! Having withdrawal symptons as I type lol

I adore red wines! Thanks for the tip. We have a Five Guys near us, which can be a bad thing. LOL!

EmmabaRose

So glad to see your trip report up! Working on mine too.

Glad you had as much fun at the all nighter as we did, we made it until 4am! Wonder if we crossed paths at any point?

Look forward to hearing more!

PS. Totally only just realized you are from England too! maidenhead, my dad used to do business there, back when I was a kid and we lived around the Sutton area lol.

foreverbelle

Funny they are hyping Antartica so much, I think I would expect it to be amazing. I am sorry to hear that it was disappointing..boo! I hate when that happens.

Hey we went to Fulton's on our date night! It was probably the best meal we had during the trip.
Your report is dif making me hungry this morning, that burger looks amazing!!!! And it is interesting to read something outside of the park.

Keep it coming.

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
So glad to see your trip report up! Working on mine too.

Glad you had as much fun at the all nighter as we did, we made it until 4am! Wonder if we crossed paths at any point?

Look forward to hearing more!

PS. Totally only just realized you are from England too! maidenhead, my dad used to do business there, back when I was a kid and we lived around the Sutton area lol.

How weird is that, Its a small world after all. We probably did cross paths, but there were so many people there it was unreal the queue for the car park when we got there was unbelieveable, lucky we had a diamond pass or I dont think we would have got parked, I've never seen it like that before!!!

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Funny they are hyping Antartica so much, I think I would expect it to be amazing. I am sorry to hear that it was disappointing..boo! I hate when that happens.

Hey we went to Fulton's on our date night! It was probably the best meal we had during the trip.
Your report is dif making me hungry this morning, that burger looks amazing!!!! And it is interesting to read something outside of the park.

Keep it coming.
those burgers were amazing, we only went there because we'd been reccommended to go by a friend, and oh my so glad we did :D. Fultons was one of the top meals on our trip too. ALthough we went to Emerils as well and that was awesome.:):)

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Day 5 - Memorial Day 25th MAy

So up obscenely early this morning as travelling to Busch Gardens. We were on the road by 6.30. Decided to get most of the journey done before we stop to have breakfast.

Had breakfast in MacDonalds. Then pressed on. Got to Busch 1/2 hour before opening and was about 3rd in line to get through. Again peferred parked as your up close and personal to the park entrance. Not such a bad thing as we planned to be here all day!!!

So did rope drop, which isnt the same since they got rid of the MArching/Dancing Brass Band. Headed of to Sheikra which doesnt open until 1/2hr after park opening but as its usually so popular decided to do it 1st, forgetting that Cheetah Run at the mo is more popular!!! So we walked straight on and rode 4 times front row in a row as my DD said AWESOME :D:D:D. My DS decided that he was going to wuss out this year and did this instead!!
9109152450_f1725f775c_d.jpg
Ethan on the right :rolleyes: I do have to say it was incredibly hot that day even at 10am in the morning
9106925635_b7e56f4f7b_d.jpg
But hey he enjoyed it my DH said this was the 2nd or 3rd time, needless to say he was soaked!!!

My DH,DD,DS and M-in-L then all got the train around to the Serengeti Station as we had 11.30 reservations for the Serengeti Safari where we were to habd feed the Giraffes. I decided to walk as we had so much on the stroller it would have taken twice as lon to take it all off. I got there in record time. was there at least 10 mins before they got there and was able to see so old friends on the way.

9109084160_d420cd6b4c_d.jpg

9106857131_709277edef_d.jpg
There one of my favourites, and they were so tiny 2 years ago and now they are huge but still cute :)
Anyway by this time the train had rolled in with just enough time for my an DH to rush and by some appropriate hats as it was so hot by now it was unreal and then we headed of to meet our safari guide.

I will finish off later as otherwise i'm gonna be late for work....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom