Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

imagineer boy

I don't have a problem with the Peter Pan fast passes - It does need increased capacity however either with wider boats or two rows on the boats.

I love the idea of fast pass on as many attractions as possible, I just think that capacity for every ride should be such that you won't have to wait more than 40 minutes for any one ride. If you have to use fast pass to achieve this than so be it. I don't think any ride without fast pass should ever have a 40 minute + wait, and removing the fastpass from Peter Pan won't achieve that.

I think a lot of the loading areas need to be refitted for the fast passes. Some of them are so poorly done like Pan, that it causes even longer lines.

Fun2BFree

If we don't get LM maybe we might get Alice in Wonderland.
If we don't get Alice we might get Matterhorn.
If we don't get Matterhorn.....

we get nothing!:fork:

Don't count on getting the Matterhorn in MK -- if Disney wanted it there, they've had nearly forty years to do so. Apparently a planned Switzerland pavilion in WS would have had the Matterhorn, but that's solid blue-sky.

jt04

Original Poster
I am intrigued...:king: Ya gonna post it?:D

No, I think I should keep these ideas to myself. You never know when they might come in handy!

The disneygeek site has a bunch of photos of behind the scenes stuff at "The Seas" and it is almost painful to imagine what that pavilion could be if Imagineering was given a free hand and told to bring it back to "Epcot Center" perfection. Think of the scope of "The Land" and it's popularity.

Here are some amazing photos to help all those who need an Epcot Center "fix".:)

http://disneygeek.com/update_wdw/wdw_update.php?page_id=4&update_dir=2009_05_13

Jasonflz

Don't count on getting the Matterhorn in MK -- if Disney wanted it there, they've had nearly forty years to do so. Apparently a planned Switzerland pavilion in WS would have had the Matterhorn, but that's solid blue-sky.

Same with Mt. Fuji. It ain't happening, sadly. (Even though MK is in desperate need of something right now)

jt04

Original Poster
Fantasyland needs to:

a) Go back to it's older colour scheme, especially the buildings on the Liberty Square side

b) Much more landscaping (trees, flowers etc.) and water/fountains.

c) Little Mermaid with a unique facade that adds naturalistic kinetic elements (waterfalls and such) and ties in with Ariel's Grotto.

d) Major tech upgrades to Pooh and Peter Pan, with new boats for Peter and ditching Fastpass for both.

For some reason, I don't have any really issue with Snow White in its current form. Just bring back the Queen opening curtain effect that used to be in the ride.

Good stuff! I agree with others here that the european to medieval faire works, it just needs to be brought up to the modern standards of current theme park design as seen in what is being done for TWWoHP. The fact that the Potter theming is so nice may be motivating Disney to upgrade the facades in Fantasyland. This is what gives the rumor weight IMO.

Also, I'll keep saying it, the placement of the LM building is critical to the future of the MK and I hope they put plenty of thought into it and consider all the possibilities and potential unintended consequences. I can't wait for those construction walls to go up. :D

EPCOT Explorer

I only say what I know, when I can.
We know.;) I trust you, Martin.:D
No, I think I should keep these ideas to myself. You never know when they might come in handy!

The disneygeek site has a bunch of photos of behind the scenes stuff at "The Seas" and it is almost painful to imagine what that pavilion could be if Imagineering was given a free hand and told to bring it back to "Epcot Center" perfection. Think of the scope of "The Land" and it's popularity.

Here are some amazing photos to help all those who need an Epcot Center "fix".:)

Ah...VERY nice.:D

Jasonflz

:sohappy::wave: Thanks! Shame Nemo took over.

RSoxNo1

I think a lot of the loading areas need to be refitted for the fast passes. Some of them are so poorly done like Pan, that it causes even longer lines.

Not that it's an excuse, but Disneylands use of fast pass is even worse. The combining of Standby and Fast pass is much earlier in the line (causing a longer wait for fast pass users) at Disneyland.

Missing20K

So, say LM is a go, and is greenlit, etc. Is the concept art we've seen before going to be close to what the final product might be? I understand the "guts" will be a clone of DCA, if I remember correctly, but is there any indication of what the WDW versions exterior might look like? Does anyone care to point me in the right direction or muse on the subject?

CaptainMichael

So, say LM is a go, and is greenlit, etc. Is the concept art we've seen before going to be close to what the final product might be? I understand the "guts" will be a clone of DCA, if I remember correctly, but is there any indication of what the WDW versions exterior might look like? Does anyone care to point me in the right direction or muse on the subject?

Whatever the exterior of WDW's is, it will be a good indicator of the direction Fantasyland is going in.

Jasonflz

I don't think we will see anything HUGE unless Attendance drops off. This is purely my opinion

That's not really the only reason. Magic Kingdom feels like it is lacking in some parts of the park, most notably Toontown. With the 40th coming up soon we should at least get something, right?

hrcollectibles

Any Idea as to what tour they took?

jt04

Original Poster
Any Idea as to what tour they took?

Something tells me they had connections...You don't see the lounges on tours.:shrug:

I *think*:lookaroun:lol:

The link I read it off of said it was a "behind the scenes: Future World". Never heard of it before, perhaps someone else has :shrug:

I have heard of some of the tours visiting the corporate lounges if not in use of course.

By the way, it looks like there is plenty of room for a "Blue Sky Atrium" in Imagination should they be so inclined.

Edit: found it... http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm#ufw

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom