Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

GothMickey

AK?

I like the idea of each park getting something for the 40th.

No JT.. I mean Star Tours 2, Monsters Inc coaster and Little Mermaid. None of those are for AK. But, it would be nice if all 4 parks got something new for the 40th. But that won't happen.

jt04

Original Poster
yes 4 for the 40th...lets see the superfecta

Here is my dream list.....

LM for the MK
MI coaster for DHS
Refurbed and updated JII or Energy at Epcot
and the coup de gras.....

A brand new immersive FotLK theater in Harambe at AK and...

a massive steampunk-esque construction wall at the entrance to CMM with a giant patina "question mark" with giant rivets around the edges that looks very Nautilus-esque, and caption that just says, "Opening 2014"

Sorry, dreaming again. :dazzle:

SirGoofy

I promise you if LM gets announced for the MK their screen names will be immortilzed in my signature forever.

So Lee, who you have always backed as an insider, will go into that signature? Because he backed up what was said about LM not opening before 2012-2014. Just wondering.

SirGoofy

I doubt the yeti will be down for that long. At the very least, that will either be fixed or replace by something else by October 2011.

If he is taken out for good, and replaced by a screen, there will be hell to pay.

Of course most people will probably just say, "At least they did something!":brick:

jt04

Original Poster
If he is taken out for good, and replaced by a screen, there will be hell to pay.

Of course most people will probably just say, "At least they did something!":brick:

I guess I am the only one around here that likes screen projections. I don't want Yeti replaced with one but I like them in many other instances.

SirGoofy

I guess I am the only one around here that likes screen projections. I don't want Yeti replaced with one but I like them in many other instances.

We've had this argument before. In no way will a screen projection ever look as good/realistic as an AA.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
But, but, but we have been told by people who get their information from members of other sites that NOTHING is coming to MK in the next 5 years. Is it possible that they are wrong? And that them being bitter has everything to do with their negativity toward WDW?

Steve, I trust you and if this is true, :sohappy:

Yes they are wrong. :)

jt04

Original Poster
We've had this argument before. In no way will a screen projection ever look as good/realistic as an AA.

But animation is so much more.....um......animated. I love how Nemo projections look at the seas. I still think that is an amazing ride no matter if it should be in Epcot or not.

RSoxNo1

Since we're creating dream lists, I'll use the current rumors as my basis:

Magic Kingdom
Refurbished Jungle Cruise
Refurbished Pirates of the Caribbean (mainly audio)
Refurbished Thunder Mountain
Refurbished Fantasyland with RFID makeover, and expanded capacity on Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Complete Space Mountain refurbishment (whatever additional changes aren't done with the current refurb)

Epcot
Refurbished Journey Into Imagination
Refurbished Spaceship Earth Descent
Replacement for Wonders of Life
World Showcase E-Ticket
Increased Soarin' capacity (why not... a new building making it have a huge capacity)

DHS
Star Tours 2.0
Refurbished Great Movie Ride
Monster's Inc Coaster/Expanded Pixar Place
Additional Dark rides in streets of America area

Animal Kingdom
Australia
Removal of Dinoland or makeover to enclose Primeval Whirl
Move Festival of the Lion King to Africa or Camp Minnie Mickey (would also include walking path lined with animals)
Re-theming of Camp Minnie Mickey to Mysterious Island or other variant.

SirGoofy

But animation is so much more.....um......animated. I love how Nemo projections look at the seas. I still think that is an amazing ride no matter if it should be in Epcot or not.

It works with things like that, I'll agree. But a screen would never be able to replace the yeti. Nemo is already a cartoon, so it works in the Seas, plus they aren't going to put AAs in a tank with live exotic fish. But the yeti is something so tangible in that ride. He's monstrous, ferocious, and REAL. A screen would shatter the illusion. Along with many other rides. Pirates or Mansion would not be the same with screens.

SirGoofy

Magic Kingdom

Can't comment on anything else, but this will happen, sooner than later if what I've been hearing is true. I just hope the terrific plans WDI has come up with don't get cut down...

Ha! Fat chance for no cuts, right?

jt04

Original Poster
Since we're creating dream lists, I'll use the current rumors as my basis:

Magic Kingdom
Refurbished Pirates of the Caribbean (mainly audio)
Refurbished Thunder Mountain
Refurbished Fantasyland with RFID makeover, and expanded capacity on Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Complete Space Mountain refurbishment (whatever additional changes aren't done with the current refurb)

Epcot
Refurbished Journey Into Imagination
Refurbished Spaceship Earth Descent
Replacement for Wonders of Life
World Showcase E-Ticket
Increased Soarin' capacity (why not... a new building making it have a huge capacity)

DHS
Star Tours 2.0
Refurbished Great Movie Ride
Monster's Inc Coaster/Expanded Pixar Place
Additional Dark rides in streets of America area

Animal Kingdom
Australia
Removal of Dinoland or makeover to enclose Primeval Whirl
Move Festival of the Lion King to Africa or Camp Minnie Mickey (would also include walking path lined with animals)
Re-theming of Camp Minnie Mickey to Mysterious Island or other variant.

Nice list! I'd just add a couple things. The rumored plussing of the HM and if they fix JII and do something with the WoL pad and add an E ticket to WS, then Soarin' probably would not need an extra theater I don't think.

SirGoofy

Nice list! I'd just add a couple things. The rumored plussing of the HM and if they fix JII and do something with the WoL pad and add an E ticket to WS, then Soarin' probably would not need an extra theater I don't think.

Hatbo-I mean haunted Mansion is probably going to happen. I don't know when, but I'd say it's more green than red.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom