Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

TP2000

Nevermind the broken fantasmic AA's, the entire fleet of new monorails at Disneyland had major problems before they even opened to guests.... They have been on the track for over a year now and they are STILL not taking guests except for a few "soft tests".

I'm afraid you've got some bad info there.

The new Mark VII monorails did have a lot of problems with the windows not letting in enough airflow in 2008, and they had to keep the old monorails for months longer than planned while they worked out the issues. But the new fleet of Mark VII monorails have new windows now and have been working at Disneyland since Christmas. Just tonight I was watching them zoom around with their snazzy LED lighting and Jetson-esque apearance, with happy guests waving out the windows. Disneyland monorails have never had air-conditioning except in the sealed nose and tail cones, and likely never will. There are still many homes in coastal Orange County, California that don't have air conditioning either, but that's why the Southern California Climate is so famous and so envied. :cool:

TP2000

Tick-tock was malfunctioning after the first night last I heard.:brick:

I'm afraid that's more bad info. Really bad. :eek:

There was a silly rumor on Miceage that during after-hours rehearsals last week the new Crocodile had "sunk". But then on opening night he appeared in all his shiny glory, and you can see why the rumor got started.... because he's now partially submerged as he swims after Captain Hook! :lol: http://s231432788.onlinehome.us/lotion/pics/SS20090427-DLRWhatsNext/P05-0002.jpg

I saw him Saturday, and he looked great and very animated. Here's a fun 20 second clip of the new Flotsam and Jetsam floats on jetskis too, in case you are wondering what they look like in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoESb-DUyY

WDWFigment

It all depends. I don't think that there is such a thing as weekends when you're in lawschool. Either you are in class, reading, studying, or sleeping....

I don't know where you heard this, but no one (perhaps excepting crazy anti-social nerds who won't have the social tools to be a successful attorney anyway) actually does this. I am in the top 3% of my class, and I took 4 days off during the fall semester to go to WDW for Christmas. We are also going on our honeymoon for a week a month before the bar. Life happens, you can't isolate yourself from the real world for 3+ years.

What I mean by all of this is...book those plane tickets now!

CaptainMichael

I don't know where you heard this, but no one (perhaps excepting crazy anti-social nerds who won't have the social tools to be a successful attorney anyway) actually does this. I am in the top 3% of my class, and I took 4 days off during the fall semester to go to WDW for Christmas. We are also going on our honeymoon for a week a month before the bar. Life happens, you can't isolate yourself from the real world for 3+ years.

Good to know, I guess it's just the law schools overexaggerating things to scare people.

Where do you go to school btw?

castevens

I guess I'm an anti-social nerd :(

Med school . . . . . :(

jt04

Original Poster
I'm afraid you've got some bad info there.

The new Mark VII monorails did have a lot of problems with the windows not letting in enough airflow in 2008, and they had to keep the old monorails for months longer than planned while they worked out the issues. But the new fleet of Mark VII monorails have new windows now and have been working at Disneyland since Christmas. Just tonight I was watching them zoom around with their snazzy LED lighting and Jetson-esque apearance, with happy guests waving out the windows. Disneyland monorails have never had air-conditioning except in the sealed nose and tail cones, and likely never will. There are still many homes in coastal Orange County, California that don't have air conditioning either, but that's why the Southern California Climate is so famous and so envied. :cool:

I'm afraid that's more bad info. Really bad. :eek:

There was a silly rumor on Miceage that during after-hours rehearsals last week the new Crocodile had "sunk". But then on opening night he appeared in all his shiny glory, and you can see why the rumor got started.... because he's now partially submerged as he swims after Captain Hook! :lol: http://s231432788.onlinehome.us/lotion/pics/SS20090427-DLRWhatsNext/P05-0002.jpg

I saw him Saturday, and he looked great and very animated. Here's a fun 20 second clip of the new Flotsam and Jetsam floats on jetskis too, in case you are wondering what they look like in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoESb-DUyY

Not suprised micage is spreading doom and gloom. But what is new is Al is directing venom at the folks out in L.A. Normally he only directs it at WDW.

Glad to hear the Croc is fine. The F&J designs are cool. I'd love to see something of that scale added to Illuminations.

I laughed out loud when I read the post about how the contractors failed to put air conditioning in the monorails. But this is also the clique that brought us the rumor that the Adventuer's Club sets were on their way to Tokyo.

My advice is to take anything enigma/thrawn/74/yee/lutz/miceage says with copious helpings of salt. But they are good for a hearty laugh now and then. :lol:

krankenstein

Not suprised micage is spreading doom and gloom. But what is new is Al is directing venom at the folks out in L.A. Normally he only directs it at WDW.

Glad to hear the Croc is fine. The F&J designs are cool. I'd love to see something of that scale added to Illuminations.

I laughed out loud when I read the post about how the contractors failed to put air conditioning in the monorails. But this is also the clique that brought us the rumor that the Adventuer's Club sets were on their way to Tokyo.

My advice is to take anything enigma/thrawn/74/yee/lutz/miceage says with copious helpings of salt. But they are good for a hearty laugh now and then. :lol:

The thing with the windows is they only have one set that open properly. They had been in Mark VII Red, but were recently put in Orange while Red is down for a rehab. Blue still has the original design of the windows, which do not allow enough air flow into the cars. (I might have Orange and Blue reversed)

The monorails were never intended to have air conditioning, but the window design is causing problems with cooling. :shrug:

jt04

Original Poster
The thing with the windows is they only have one set that open properly. They had been in Mark VII Red, but were recently put in Orange while Red is down for a rehab. Blue still has the original design of the windows, which do not allow enough air flow into the cars. (I might have Orange and Blue reversed)

The monorails were never intended to have air conditioning, but the window design is causing problems with cooling. :shrug:

Thanks for the info.

Speaking of the doom and gloom crowd...

They still have not convinced me a major addition is not coming to WDW. I think they are just trying to stir up the crowd. The decision to add attractions won't be driven by popular opinion however.

My guess is Little Mermaid for the MK and Monsters Inc. for DHS. When they add LM to the MK they will need another new attraction that draws crowds away from the MK. The new Monsters 2 movie is "official" so..........................:D

EPCOT Explorer

I HAVE HOPE!:lol::lookaroun
As do I my friend! :D :wave:
:D Good. Hoping to meet many WDWM's that day. C25 Part II, anyone?
Thanks for the info.

Speaking of the doom and gloom crowd...

They still have not convinced me a major addition is not coming to WDW. I think they are just trying to stir up the crowd. The decision to add attractions won't be driven by popular opinion however.

My guess is Little Mermaid for the MK and Monsters Inc. for DHS. When they add LM to the MK they will need another new attraction that draws crowds away from the MK. The new Monsters 2 movie is "official" so..........................:D

I love your optimism, seriously.:) Hope you are right, jt.

HMF

Al has badmouthed TDA inthe past for dumb things they did. Even though in my opinion TDO is much much worse.

Captain Chaos

I HAVE HOPE!:lol::lookaroun

:D Good. Hoping to meet many WDWM's that day. C25 Part II, anyone?

I love your optimism, seriously.:) Hope you are right, jt.

You just gotta love jt's optimism.... it is refreshing to have optimism spread among all the doom and gloomers here... Even if the optimism is unfounded..

jt04

Original Poster
You just gotta love jt's optimism.... it is refreshing to have optimism spread among all the doom and gloomers here... Even if the optimism is unfounded..

That is not correct according to Martin and some others. The doom and gloom folks have made mistakes that indicate they are not insiders and they seem to have other motivations. The idea that WDW will not be adding anything major for at least 5 years is so absurd as to make the sources other claims questionable. As I've said, I believe these decisions are being made in California now and insiders in Orlando may be as in the dark about what is going to happen as the average visitor to WDW.

I'm as much a realist as an optimist.

EPCOT Explorer

That is not correct according to Martin and some others. The doom and gloom folks have made mistakes that indicate they are not insiders and they seem to have other motivations. The idea that WDW will not be adding anything major for at least 5 years is so absurd as to make the sources other claims questionable. As I've said, I believe these decisions are being made in California now and insiders in Orlando may be as in the dark about what is going to happen as the average visitor to WDW.

Adding can happen...Just not in the MK, so I hear.

And there are a ton of refurbs....;)

The Conundrum

Nobody said WDW will not be adding anything. We were talking strictly the MK. Although don't expect much for the entire resort (Monsters and star tours would be pretty much it).

jt04

Original Poster
You do realize Leemac, Lee, Martin, and '74 all said we aren't getting anything right? Those guys have REAL info

I think you might want to exclude Martin from your list unless I missed that post. Leemac and Lee are insiders or have connections to insiders. I have not decided on you or anyone else. Spirit said all the AC sets had been shipped to Tokyo. So I know he is not an insider.

As I said, Orlando based insiders have had no new info for months because I believe all the new major decisions for WDW are being made in California and TWDC has sealed all of it's leaks. Including Leemac.

Captain Chaos

jt, I am sure WDW will get additions in the next 5 years... But, the whole thing about Little Mermaid coming for the 40th may be a bit too soon.... MK may not get anything new in the next 5 years... Probably some sprucing up, but I wouldn't expect anything major there yet.... I will assume that the newest ride will be Monsters Inc coaster..

As for other projects, hopefully Star Tours and Journey are remade into better attractions, and Jungle Cruise gets a nice refurb, WITHOUT CHARACTERS ADDED!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom