Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

Captain Chaos

I think you might want to exclude Martin from your list unless I missed that post. Leemac and Lee are insiders or have connections to insiders. I have not decided on you or anyone else. Spirit said all the AC sets had been shipped to Tokyo. So I know he is not an insider.

As I said, Orlando based insiders have had no new info for months because I believe all the new major decisions for WDW are being made in California and TWDC has sealed all of it's leaks. Including Leemac.

I am going to think it may be tighter sealed lips... Maybe with the threat of getting canned looming over their heads, things aren't being leaked like they used to.. Maybe????

Captain Chaos

I never sad I had info. When I hear something from a friend, I post it.:shrug:

Lee and Martin never said that...If they did, my mistake.

I think Lee said Leemac was kind of right about the Little Mermaid not coming for 5 years at least... And about WDI being outsourced or something like that...

jt04

Original Poster
I think Lee said Leemac was kind of right about the Little Mermaid not coming for 5 years at least... And about WDI being outsourced or something like that...

As "whyalightbulb" said WDI (WED) has always outsourced. That is nothing new. As for the LM or other E Ticket or at least a D ticket in the next 5 years seems likely for the MK.

UNLESS.....TWDC has made a decision to not add to the MK until they better eqalize the crowds between the 4 parks. That, I think, is the only scenario that makes sense.

EPCOT Explorer

As "whyalightbulb" said WDI (WED) has always outsourced. That is nothing new. As for the LM or other E Ticket or at least a D ticket in the next 5 years seems likely for the MK.

UNLESS.....TWDC has made a decision to not add to the MK until they better eqalize the crowds between the 4 parks. That, I think, is the only scenario that makes sense.

Refurbs.:lookaroun:shrug:

jt04

Original Poster
Refurbs.:lookaroun:shrug:

WDW is getting a lot of refurbs as that does not require much new creative input. As I've said, I believe the majority of creative efforts are being directed to other properties, namely DCA.

But soon DCA will be off of WDI's hands. And they are going to need something to do. Perhaps at WDW's MK even. :)

The Conundrum

I think you might want to exclude Martin from your list unless I missed that post. Leemac and Lee are insiders or have connections to insiders. I have not decided on you or anyone else. Spirit said all the AC sets had been shipped to Tokyo. So I know he is not an insider.

As I said, Orlando based insiders have had no new info for months because I believe all the new major decisions for WDW are being made in California and TWDC has sealed all of it's leaks. Including Leemac.

Im not getting into another argument with you but i will say I never made a claim that i was an insider and neiter should you.. I dont know what this whole "AC shipped to tokyo" thing is all about but I do know Spirit posted that the wand was coming down and star tours 2 was a go literally when they were greenlit and sure enough the wand announcement was offiically made two months later and we have been hearing a steady stream of star tours 2 info since then. Corrus has also said nothing new is coming and he is a former imagineer and an insider.

EPCOT Explorer

WDW is getting a lot of refurbs as that does not require much new creative input. As I've said, I believe the majority of creative efforts are being directed to other properties, namely DCA.

But soon DCA will be off of WDI's hands. And they are going to need something to do. Perhaps at WDW's MK even. :)
True.

But I'm fine with just getting refurbs, for a while. Call me a DoM in that respect, but it's new to me!:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Im not getting into another argument with you but i will say I never made a claim that i was an insider and neiter should you.. I dont know what this whole "AC shipped to tokyo" thing is all about but I do know Spirit posted that the wand was coming down and star tours 2 was a go literally when they were greenlit and sure enough the wand announcement was offiically made two months later and we have been hearing a steady stream of star tours 2 info since then. Corrus has also said nothing new is coming and he is a former imagineer and an insider.

I wish Corrus/TimG posted more often.

jt04

Original Poster

I'm not arguing. You seem to get bothered by my posts, I can't help that. I have said a hundred times I am not an insider. I'm very good at thinking for myself however.

Like I said, it appears TWDC has plugged any leaks in Orlando. I think this is because every major decision is coming out of Cali now.

As for the MK, IF they have no plans for major additions to the MK, it could be because they see the need to balance the crowds between the 4 parks by adding attractions (and makeovers) to AK, DHS and Epcot to meet that goal.

Either way, WDW fans win!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

The Conundrum

Like I said, it appears TWDC has plugged any leaks in Orlando. I think this is because every major decision is coming out of Cali now.

Well most major decisions have always come out of California for Disney. Nothing new there.

As for the MK, IF they have no plans for major additions to the MK, it could be because the see the need to balance the crowds between the 4 parks by adding attractions (and makeovers) to AK, DHS and Epcot to meet that goal.

But they haven't added anything of significance since Splash Mountain and New Tomorrowland in the early 90s. It has nothing to do with balance and everything to do with them fealing they don't have to add anything (rather they can actually cut things) and the park will still be profitable. It is this arrogance and essential F-U to customers that I have a problem with especially when you consider how Tokyo is constantly improving their MK for guests enjoyment and still maintaining the high maintenance standards Disney used to be known for.

Either way, WDW fans win!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Only if Disney is willing to build new (good) attractions. Which is where the controversy lies.

jt04

Original Poster
Well most major decisions have always come out of California for Disney. Nothing new there.

True, but the fact TDO is being locked out of those decisions is new, IMO. Something is likely happenig, Orlando folks may not be in on it however.

Only if Disney is willing to build new (good) attractions. Which is where the controversy lies.

We agree on that 100%.

The Conundrum

Keep in mind though many of the problem people who headed up TDO (Al Weiss, Erin Wallace, etc.) got promoted and are now part of the decision makers of Rasolu's Parks & Resorts division.

jt04

Original Poster
Keep in mind though many of the problem people who headed up TDO (Al Weiss, Erin Wallace, etc.) got promoted and are now part of the decision makers of Rasolu's Parks & Resorts division.

Maybe they needed "increased supervision". :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom