Little girl gets accidentally leveled by CM during parade

kucarachi

am i the only that thinks that was part of the dance?...but if not you should not get money for having a kid that gets within 1 inch of a flamboyant dancer! You should know the risk of such dancing and next time wear a helmet.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
am i the only that thinks that was part of the dance?...but if not you should not get money for having a kid that gets within 1 inch of a flamboyant dancer! You should know the risk of such dancing and next time wear a helmet.
Ryu-olld-.gif

kucarachi

Oh boy..the tone of that piece has a little 'lawsuit to follow' ring to it.

That was indeed quite a blast she took -- that dude was in the middle of a Jean Claude Van Damme spin move when he connected with her little noggin it definitely had to hurt but it could have been worse...like let's say getting molested on a cruise line....

i think with the current state of the cruise lines...getting molested would be an improvement

Mickey2minnie1

The poor child was completely innocent and I am sure it hurt so much, but it was truly an accident. I am sure the CM felt terrible. I would not even think of taking legal action. Too close for comfort. Parents should of had the child closer to them.

Allie_Marie

I feel so bad for laughing, but I couldn't help it because it is totally something that would happen to me. I feel so bad for her. I mean complimentary fast passes for everything is probably what she got that day lol. But hey, if they gave her more without legal issues props to Disney!

Raven66

I just watched the video. The CM did not do a spinning kick. He hit the little girl with his elbow area when he jumped to spin. The girl was just really excited to dance and I understand that, but she was just to close to the dancers. I'm sure she is ok, probably just a little shocked. My daughter got clocked in the nose by Tigger when they were "tiggering" together. Her nose was black and blue. She was 5 and at 16 she still talks about how Tigger almost broke her nose. No harm done!:D

Raven66

Wow, you are such a great parent. Please teach me some of your great parenting skills, because clearly I am lacking. Thank you so much for sharing your great wisdom. Have a magical day! :)

I was honestly wondering if you had children because it didn't sound like you did. And hey, I am just expressing my opinion too..You seem to think that you are a great parent because of something YOU did that your kids didn't ever get scared at WDW, thirty years ago. It was just good luck..stop kidding yourself.

But hey, this is all just my opinion! Don't take it personally! Just a message board!

Wow, another great parent on these boards. So much great parenting advice here! Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. Yes, I must have messaged the viewpoint that I found the ride scary. That's what I did wrong. I mean, nothing phased your girls thirty years go, so clearly it is something I did wrong and not just a scary ride that scares little kids all of the time. Thanks again for sharing. You really sound like you know what you were doing and I'm sure your daughters are now well-adjusted adults because of your attitude towards rides and knowledge of historical Disney cinematography.

Have a magical day! Pixie dust to you! :)

I don't normally call anyone out on the forums because that isn't my style. But I think you jumped these posters for no reason. I don't believe either one of them faulted you for your parenting skills. We took our 5 yr old daughter on Alien Encounter. She wanted to go, no we didn't know how scary it was. I do not blame Disney, we didn't do enough research. Scared the poop outta her. She is 16 now and tells us all the time she is saving up all her stories for her therapist. Parents make mistakes, we learn from them and move on. Have a great day!!

Oddysey

LOL

We made a big stink about it with Disney when we got home so I'm wondering if thats why the sign went up, because I am so influential :)

Unfortunately this is why we cant have unique attractions like Alien Encounter anymore. The entire outside of the attraction was practically a discretionary sign. Still it made no difference because apparently some feel that potentially frightening attractions do not belong on DW property. And yes I have small children.

Victor Kelly

I want the time date stamp from the recording. It will prove when the video was shot. I have a lot of trouble believing any type of news media. They open their mouths before they have all the facts. I will bet money Disney responded immediately to the accident, especially one involving a cast member. I also believe that nowadays people blow everything out of proportion. The family probably lawyered up, and Disney will not comment on a open case. Would you comment when someone is trying to sue you? No, you keep your mouth shut.

This was a flat our accident. No malice or premeditation, no assault. I cannot even go out on the limb about bad parental supervision because these street things are designed to involve children and adults. This incident does not involve anything negative since it is an accident. It is not tragic. There was no loss of life or limb, no debilitating injuries. Bumps, bruises, maybe a black eye. Kids bounce back fast. Many Parents however, overreact, fuss and whine way more than the child that was hurt.

When I was growing up, there was no fuss, deal with the bump, scrape, cut, and move on and keep going. When I have children it will be the same way I was raised. Calmly respond, react, deal with the issue, and move on.

Goofnut1980

I hope they both learned that you shouldn't invade someone else's personal bubble.

I can only laugh. As a child, we got knocked over all the time by other kids playing or by the dog. Noone sued. Kids play and get hurt. She will be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom