Little girl gets accidentally leveled by CM during parade

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Not going to read all 11 pages of this thread but I'm going to put my $.02 in. This incident falls under the category of "s**t happens" - the video is so short, and the article does not go into the description of what happened afterwards. This woman is entitled to nothing but an "I'm sorry" from Disney.

EvilQueen-T

was that during a parade or one of the dance parties...not that it matters just curious. poor choice of moves by the cm but i'm certain it was just poor judgement not anything malicious.

Patrick_Ears

Things happend, i dont think she was the first or the last. Just poor baby gotten in the way, i feel bad for her though. I would not be mad at the CM for this.

asianway

No, you deleted your comment because it was ridiculous. It is another example of adults who think just because they have kids that everything should be tailored to, and revolve around, them.

Disney is for the entire family, but there are some rides that are more suited for adults and older kids who aren't afraid at the slightest drop of a pin. Stitch's Great Escape is FAR from scary. If you really want scary try the original ride "Alien Encounter". That was truly frightening and exciting. The crowds, especially the adults and older kids, LOVED it. But because of the cry baby sect (and you know who you are) they had to retool the ride so it was a dumb little farce starring Stitch.

And now you complain that THIS version is too scary?!? This is why Disney is all rainbows, butterflies, fairies, princesses and sunshine, and why...if you don't have kids....it loses a little something.

Walt Disney designed the park to be a place where kids AND adults can have a good time. Unfortunately it is fast becoming a park where, if you are an adult with no children...your options are becoming more and more limited...and you should just hang out at World Showcase.
I gives me a sliver of joy to know that while they may have taken Alien Encounter from us, there is now a large group of teens to twenty-somethings that will have night terrors until the day they die as a result.

Goofyernmost

I gives me a sliver of joy to know that while they may have taken Alien Encounter from us, there is now a large group of teens to twenty-somethings that will have night terrors until the day they die as a result.
I went to Alien E and although I thought it was very entertaining, I didn't find it even a little scary. I must be dead on the inside. :oops: Good for me, one of my flaws turns out to be beneficial.:p

Lexxweb

The CM was doing their choreography. It's still a show even though they allow guests into the street. The guests need to be mindful of their children and the performers around them. The performer/Disney did nothing wrong. Instead of filming your child why not ask her to get out of the way?

Further, why wait until you get home to complain (what it sounds like). If you didn't go to the hospital and you were able to complete your vacation I wouldn't expect much out of Disney.

It was an accident, if that. More like poor judgment on the guests part.

armyfamilyof5

This was obviously an accident but as the mother of two girls I would like to share the following....If one of my girls were knocked off their feet and left with a big shinner during vacation they would be upset everytime they looked at any of the photos from that trip. They would be embarrased about the video the world can see and the fact that other's are talking about them and we are not raising weak little crybabies!
Once when the twins were 3 they were over at their friends house playing in the back yard, the boy discovered a pile of strange goo he proceeded to stick his finger in, when he realized it was dog poo he wiped it on his sister's shirt, she was so offended he treated her that way and that she had poo on her shirt it was difficult to console her, she was just angry about it and refused to go play there for the longest time, when she did she'd hang out inside with the moms (I am giggling just remembering her angst!). We had immediately changed the shirt and washed everyone's hands but the memories lingered for a long time.
All kids are different and a boys reaction much more different than a girls. As a mom of girls I can say that this accident could certainly spoil a magical experience and my children are not brittle or self absorbed (at least not most of the time anyway, LOL)! Also there are a lot of people in the world today uncomfortable with any type of confrontation but it still doesn't make sense they would wait so long to notify Disney, but that's just my opinion.

DManRightHere

I just read the first page. I bet she is demanding monetary damages from disney. Probably why they have not responded to her. If this happened to me when I was little with just a black eye my parents would not post it on youtube! They just want attention for a case. I get sick of this sue over everything america. I even see people I know on facebook saying you have to sue insurance companies over a fender bender in a parking lot! Jeez

Bocabear

OMG I can't believe we are still talking about this! Children get in the way, sometimes they fall down. Everyone apologized... End of story.

Goofyernmost

I just read the first page. I bet she is demanding monetary damages from disney. Probably why they have not responded to her. If this happened to me when I was little with just a black eye my parents would not post it on youtube! They just want attention for a case. I get sick of this sue over everything america. I even see people I know on facebook saying you have to sue insurance companies over a fender bender in a parking lot! Jeez
I agree that there is a sue for anything attitude, but, you know why that exists? Because companies, like Disney will not take the chance that someone will get a big settlement so they offer significant money to make it go away. No one really wants to go to court, especially if their case is weak, they will gladly settle for a little cash. Disney has no one to blame but themselves for the situation that they are in. They set the precedent and opportunist have taken advantage of their fear. If anyone can afford to fight it, I can't think of anyone in a better position to do it then Disney. If they stopped and figured out how much they pay for lawyers alone they probably could easily cover any legitimate claims. If they fought a few of them and it ended up that the people starting the legal action got nothing but a bill to pay the lawyers they hired, it wouldn't take very long before people realized that they better have a solid case or this will not be worth it.

luv

Does anyone have any actual knowledge that this family has filed in court?

Everyone is beating them up for suing Disney, lol, but does anyone have any idea at all that it actually happened?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone have any actual knowledge that this family has filed in court?

Everyone is beating them up for suing Disney, lol, but does anyone have any idea at all that it actually happened?
If they did sue, you more than likely would NEVER hear about it because Disney would settle out of court to shut them up.

OFTeric

I want to add my 2 cents. But maybe someone who has some more current knowledge of Movers (hourly dancers in parades and shows) vs. Equity Dancers (contracted salaried dancers in shows like Beauty & the Beat)

But that jump, pirouette is not a dance move that hourly Entertainment can do, since that is considered an equity move. High Kicks are also an equity dance move, "movers" are not allowed to kick higher than their knee (think the kicks in the Trolley show those are all "movers" )

Example Hourly Movers

Example Equity Dancers

The reason why again, I bring this up, is I do not believe that is the dancers choreography, and that the Cast Member was taking a chance doing the pirouette like that. I am sure if an entertainment manager was watching the parade, he would have given that CM a note saying "no equity jumps"

But that is hardly a "knockout" this is say "opa" and laugh and dust yourself off.

DManRightHere

I agree that there is a sue for anything attitude, but, you know why that exists? Because companies, like Disney will not take the chance that someone will get a big settlement so they offer significant money to make it go away. No one really wants to go to court, especially if their case is weak, they will gladly settle for a little cash. Disney has no one to blame but themselves for the situation that they are in. They set the precedent and opportunist have taken advantage of their fear. If anyone can afford to fight it, I can't think of anyone in a better position to do it then Disney. If they stopped and figured out how much they pay for lawyers alone they probably could easily cover any legitimate claims. If they fought a few of them and it ended up that the people starting the legal action got nothing but a bill to pay the lawyers they hired, it wouldn't take very long before people realized that they better have a solid case or this will not be worth it.

In a situation like this money should not be given to the family. Some type of free Disney related item or perk should be offered or a partial refund.

Companies will always try to settle out of court. It is the people who are greedy and after the millions of dollars just because they think they can get it from a large corporation. I understand why corporations have to lawyer up because people believe they deserve so much more than their situation is worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom