Lines at the FP+ entrances

Disneyfamily4

As someone who has not been to the parks since early 2012, and has not used FP+ or MBs, I sincerely appreciate hearing about others' experiences, both positive and negative. I'm also interested in understanding how the experience differs during high and low periods. But I don't think it's possible for the parks to be "100 x's" more crowded at peak - those numbers don't work.

In March and April the parks are so crowded, you barely can push a stroller. Last year on my last trip, MK was at capacity and wouldn't let anymore people in.

peter11435

So when Peak Season starts next month and the parks are filled 100 x's more than it is now, do some people think there will not be a problem?
Ummm... The parks will be busier yes. But not even close to 100x busier. In fact if you want to be accurate its not even 2x more busy if we're talking straight numbers.

Obviously when the parks are busier fastpasses will run out quicker but that has ALWAYS been the case.

Disneyfamily4

Ummm... The parks will be busier yes. But not even close to 100x busier. In fact if you want to be accurate its not even 2x more busy if we're talking straight numbers.

Obviously when the parks are busier fastpasses will run out quicker but that has ALWAYS been the case.

This past September, I was in Epcot and test track had a 20 minute wait. Last year in March and April, Test track had a 225 minute wait.

peter11435

This past September, I was in Epcot and test track had a 20 minute wait. Last year in March and April, Test track had a 225 minute wait.

That's great. No argument here. Everyone knows that lines are longer during peak periods. It is normal to wait 5-10x longer for some attractions. However there are not 5-10x more guests. Therefore there are not 5-10x (and no where near your 100x) more guests competing for fastpasses than there are during the slower times.

Disneyfamily4

That's great. No argument here. Everyone knows that lines are longer during peak periods. It is normal to wait 5-10x longer for some attractions. However there are not 5-10x more guests. Therefore there are not 5-10x (and no where near your 100x) more guests competing for fastpasses than there are during the slower times.

I forgot how literal some people are (sigh). The point is, During peak season, the problems that people are experiencing now will get significantly worse within the next two months. I am just surprised people will que in on the 100X's part, rather than the main point of the thread.

Buried20KLeague

I guess that an apologist is someone with enough common sense to be able to figure out that there is usually a reason for those situations to happen. They might be because of some unverified reason or there might be the case of someone that is so laden with their own brand of Pixie Dust that they just cannot accept that things happen other then what their narrow little thought pattern will allow them to acknowledge. Then decide that every problem is caused by one particular preconceived notion without knowing the facts.

That be the case I proudly will remain an apologists for as long as my mind allows me to reason and insist on seeing the entire picture before I jump to a conclusion.

.... Or maybe the simplest answer is the RIGHT one, and the system as it's currently designed is causing really long FP lines, hmmm?

WHO'S the conspiracy theorist here, again??

Notice... I didn't give a reason why the line was long. I never have. Clearly the pictures and reports have show long FP lines. That's all I know. I haven't even used the system yet, thank goodness (Disney Sea, here I come!!). You're the one who has comically used outlandish reasoning at times to rationalize them away (exactly how many of these pics and stories do we need before it's considered a trend, btw?). I'm not sure how you can throw out some of the classics you have in the past week or so and then expect anyone to take you seriously on the topic. Your own arguments have made you a tiger with no teeth.

You've become my humorous entertainment this past week. Thanks!

Snowflake82

I forgot how literal some people are (sigh). The point is, During peak season, the problems that people are experiencing now will get significantly worse within the next two months. I am just surprised people will que in on the 100X's part, rather than the main point of the thread.

I think we are commenting on that part because it is a wildly exaggerated number that you have brought up over and over again. We all are curious (well, many of us) to see how FP+ works during the busy Spring Break period, but we will have to see... Statements of absolute d&g based on unrealistic numbers don't add to the conversation, IMO. (Not trying to give you too hard of a time, as you are entitled to post your opinion as is anyone else. But I got tired of the 100x's number - say MK attendance is 25,000 on a low day in February, 100 x that is 2.5 million - surely no one expects that many people at MK at one time ever?)

tissandtully

You need to learn that not everyone speaks literally about everything.

tissandtully

I think we are commenting on that part because it is a wildly exaggerated number that you have brought up over and over again. We all are curious (well, many of us) to see how FP+ works during the busy Spring Break period, but we will have to see... Statements of absolute d&g based on unrealistic numbers don't add to the conversation, IMO. (Not trying to give you too hard of a time, as you are entitled to post your opinion as is anyone else. But I got tired of the 100x's number - say MK attendance is 25,000 on a low day in February, 100 x that is 2.5 million - surely no one expects that many people at MK at one time ever?)

Ha, really? You really think someone thought 2.5 mill could cram into MK? You people, I swear.

thelookingglass

So when Peak Season starts next month and the parks are filled 100 x's more than it is now, do some people think there will not be a problem?
If Disney doesn't get the ball rolling and work some of this out, it's going to be an absolute disaster.

What I think needs to happen:
- allow up to three per park, per day.
- allow guests to select one FP at a time, so they aren't automatically given additional FP's they won't use that will take away availability from other guests who might want it.
- allow anyone with a valid park ticket to link it to their My Disney Experience account and make/edit their selections on their phone.
- more kiosks. waiting 30 minutes to book Fastpasses is absurd.
- make it easier to add another guest to your party if you've already booked your selections.

...just to name a few.

doctornick

- allow guests to select one FP at a time, so they aren't automatically given additional FP's they won't use that will take away availability from other guests who might want it.

That defeats the point of pre-booking, which is a key aspect of the program from Disney's prospective. They want people to preplan their vacations so they will be on Disney property as much as possible. Having only one FP+ pre-booked will be less likely to keep a person going to WDW that day that having three attractions reserved ahead of time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If Disney doesn't get the ball rolling and work some of this out, it's going to be an absolute disaster.

- allow anyone with a valid park ticket to link it to their My Disney Experience account and make/edit their selections on their phone.
- make it easier to add another guest to your party if you've already booked your selections.

...just to name a few.

All legit things (except maybe #1 would challenge them) that I would expect to improve over time. I honestly don't see how keeping day guests OUT of the app is a long term strategy for Disney. I can't see any reason for this besides implementation issues that are yet to be worked out.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That defeats the point of pre-booking, which is a key aspect of the program from Disney's prospective. They want people to preplan their vacations so they will be on Disney property as much as possible. Having only one FP+ pre-booked will be less likely to keep a person going to WDW that day that having three attractions reserved ahead of time.

Yes and no... Disney already has it's hooks in you at that point. if it's 2 attractions.. or 3... it's not making that much of a difference. This assigning 3 thing is a way of nudging guests... but it may be seen as the tradeoffs of one vs the other may not be worth it. Be it confusion at the kiosks, FP availability, etc. I see this area as a 'soft' point.

Disneyfamily4

...just to name a few.

I have no doubts that somehow in the future, Disney will have most of the kinks worked out. However, it will be at our expense. Everyone who is going to Disney on vacation throughout the next few months, will be used as guinea pigs. They will monitor the problems we endure, but by the time a plan is in place to fix the kinks, we will be long gone. It is as if, this entire new system was not thought out realistically.

Goofyernmost

.... Or maybe the simplest answer is the RIGHT one, and the system as it's currently designed is causing really long FP lines, hmmm?

WHO'S the conspiracy theorist here, again??

Notice... I didn't give a reason why the line was long. I never have. Clearly the pictures and reports have show long FP lines. That's all I know. I haven't even used the system yet, thank goodness (Disney Sea, here I come!!). You're the one who has comically used outlandish reasoning at times to rationalize them away (exactly how many of these pics and stories do we need before it's considered a trend, btw?). I'm not sure how you can throw out some of the classics you have in the past week or so and then expect anyone to take you seriously on the topic. Your own arguments have made you a tiger with no teeth.

You've become my humorous entertainment this past week. Thanks!
Yea, you're giving me a chuckle a minute as well. Thanks for that! The personal attacks on me are not helping your credibility either. I have also not denied that there are lines. There are always lines at Disney. I, unlike some, question why there would be lines, you seem to have the answer, the simplest and the one you want it to be. The picture of the long line at JC could have been the Fastpass line, but I don't see a sign anywhere that states that. I do know, from being there that the standby line forms on the right hand side, which that looks like to me and the FP+ entrance is to the left of that, approximately in the area that it looks like the picture was taken. Could it have been FP+ I suppose, but I see no reason why unless there was an equipment breakdown that it would be that long.

With that I am terminating any further discussion with you as you seem more bent on discrediting me then providing any proof that you know that FP+ caused the situation. Have a magical day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom