Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

brack

LoW

I was deeply disappointed in not having this wonderful show after so many years. We went to EPCOT several times and each time was saddened by the loss. The stage show WAS NOT a suitable replacement! :brick:

PLeyava

Really?

So because the LOW were not there, some people will not go to WDW because of it? Really?! Yea they were cool, but not the big thing to see anyway, Cinderella Castle is, the parties, the fireworks, I'd still go! And obviously so do many other people since they keep getting phase closings.

But to not go because of lights? Dumb. You are missing the point, there is SO much to do there. Go to Hollywood Studios for lights.

EPCOT Explorer

So because the LOW were not there, some people will not go to WDW because of it? Really?! Yea they were cool, but not the big thing to see anyway, Cinderella Castle is, the parties, the fireworks, I'd still go! And obviously so do many other people since they keep getting phase closings.

But to not go because of lights? Dumb. You are missing the point, there is SO much to do there. Go to Hollywood Studios for lights.

And you missed the point of this being one of the more special details, and that people are sick of all the quality cutting and loss of unique things. That's what's dumb here.

Duckberg

LENGTH of THIS Thread

No LOW I agree with this post! Duckberg :shrug:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I guess you are the kind of client that Disney is now going for. You don't mind the constant cutting going on at the parks, or the sad lack of upkeep in many attractions. You love the fireworks, not bothering to notice that they have been cut significantly as well.

And you love going down to the parties. So Disney is able to squeeze a few more dollars out of you while you are there.

And has 74 and others say all the time, the reason the parks are so outrageously busy is the discounting. WDW used to be a premium product at a premium price. Not looking that way now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally Posted by PLeyava
Plus, remember WDW is the only resort that charges extra for Christmas atmosphere in the Magic Kingdom.

Don`t look at phased closing as a sign of popularity. Yes, it means the parks are busy, but park capacity had meandered downwards for years with the advent of Fast Pass and closure of facilities and areas; think how much more space there would be if the Galaxy Palace was open, Odyssey was open, Imageworks was open with a people cruncher operating below, Life was open, even if 20K and the skyway still had a couple of thousand people riding and inline. Truth of the matter is 15 or 20 years ago Epcot and the MK could hold a lot more people.

EPCOT Explorer

He also said he hasnt been since ?? and wont be going back till ??, but then he does talk out of his most days anyway probably cant remember what hes said day to day.

So what he goes 5x's a year and if that's the case than how come he never has a trip countdown or does a trip report or nothing like that...:shrug:

Ask him, my friends, I am not his press agent. :)

So...LoW? New Low? Honestly...I think we are going to get those snowflakes like in HKDL.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom