Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
O you mean himself? :rolleyes:

waves1.gif

EPCOTPluto

So...LoW? New Low? Honestly...I think we are going to get those snowflakes like in HKDL.:rolleyes:
Actually, anything else new would be welcomed in my book. With the LoW structuring most likely in a state of despair, I too would love to see something similar to the Dreamlights in MK or a light/projector show ideas already pitched.

However, with the Fantasyland expansion and a re-imagined Star Tours to begin in the near future, I could see more dollars being used for construction and upgrading over at those two parks rather than in EPCOT. And with the budgeting fluctuating like so, it's why I believe when it was reported that more decor will be embellished in 2010, I think that's exactly what they meant: more garland, bows, wreaths etc. And actual LoW replacement? I hope I am wrong, but more of the same from this Christmas. :( However, on a positive note, by late 2011, there will be that LoW substitute. In my theory. :D

What it would be? I, for one, would like to see the return of the EPCOT snowflakes and the Dove, but maybe more spaced out around past the Fountain of Nations, twinkling in synchronization to the LoW BGM. But instead of the HKDL snowflakes to replace the LoW, (albeit our EPCOT flakes), the main attraction perhaps could be something else entirely new. Some ideas of mine include decking out the EPCOT symbol embedded in the ground to fiber optics up to robotic structures that can take shapes and also synchronize to the BGM. OK, robotic structures sound ridiculous, I know, but something like that. Just something different and unique for the LoW.

OR they could just rebuild the arches again. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Reread my post again. I pressed "Save" before finishing... :zipit:

Very ambitious stuff you have going on in there. :lol: I don't think the FLE and ST budgets will interfere with Entertainment...two different areas.

Garlands a wreaths are a givven, though...It needs a center piece. Maybe something with the Tree? And a new structure?

scottb411

But it's not "in with the new"; there wasn't a "New" for Epcot.

I agree that there was nothing new for Epcot but I think that most on the forum look at the 4 disney parks in Florida collectively as one experience. Looking over what's new during Christmas at the parks the last few years, replacing LOW with nothing was definitely a downgrade but the lights on the castle is definitely an upgrade and the Osborne lights are definitely an upgrade from when they were on the residential streets. Collectively it's a win.

I'll get on board that I hope that Disney adds some additional flair to Epcot in the coming years. I'll suggest scrapping reflections of earth during Christmas and come out with an entirely new holiday illuminations similar to the old one that is 100% Christmas music that is more traditional in nature (ie. Silent Night, We Three Kings, O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night) that compliments the candlelight processional and are not a part of Holiday Wishes. I remember several years back watching the candlelight processional and then proceeding to watch the holiday illuminations and really getting into the Christmas spirit. Reflections of Earth doesn't do that for you, even with the Christmas finale. It should be 25 minutes of Christmas music set to lasers and fireworks, not 4 minutes.

donaldfan

Busch Gardens in Williamsburg does a wondeful job having their Christmas Tree dance to Christmas music. Not Lights of Winter, but way better than what EPCOT had this year (although I was there before they got the fountains up and running to the LoW soundtrack).

There is video of BG's tree on YouTube.

BaTWING_2000

ed

Its just beyond me that they took this out... first Cast in Bronze gone (apparently on bad terms from the response I got back from them and why am I not surprised) then The storytellers coming together replaced and now EVERYTHING taken out??

I dont know what they are thinking but it is completely opposite every time then what is supposed to happen to keep crowds happy. This Tree Lighting Ceremony was the absolute only thing I looked forward too at Disney for Christmas. With this absurdly dumbass move, I now find Universal Orlando takes the cake with Christmas shows and presentations with Manheim Steamroller and the Grinchmas show.

Disney I was one of your biggest fans in 1999, 2000, and 2001... but now.. I think your parks are freaking PATHETIC!!! You create an amazing ice castle and what do you use as your lighting ceremony for a monumental masterpiece like that???: another "Oh help me summon the magic cuz I can't do it alone, bittity babety boo" crap fest. Seriously, your oh so talentented show writers ran out of creative juice or was that ________ written during the writer's guild strike???

Sorry people if reading this upsets you, but I'm just so upset with this and the whole Disney park attitude that I just can't shut up anymore and I know this is a fan site. I know this wont make any difference because WDW doesn't give a rat's ______ what their guests think or say. Disney thinks it is now so big that it is invincible but this will be a an ultimate downfall if that nasty attitude dont change. Create new shows, keep what works, etc etc. where the hell is your 'wow-factor'??? WHERE IS THE DISNEY THAT CREATED REFLECTIONS OF EARTH, FANTASMIC and stuff like this Epcot Tree Lighting Ceremony??? Ya'll should be commited right now because sorry to say but you absolutely SUCK with what you crank out these days. You now moved from mediocre presentations to empty space. Bravo...

WDW Vacationer

Actually, anything else new would be welcomed in my book. With the LoW structuring most likely in a state of despair, I too would love to see something similar to the Dreamlights in MK or a light/projector show ideas already pitched.

However, with the Fantasyland expansion and a re-imagined Star Tours to begin in the near future, I could see more dollars being used for construction and upgrading over at those two parks rather than in EPCOT. And with the budgeting fluctuating like so, it's why I believe when it was reported that more decor will be embellished in 2010, I think that's exactly what they meant: more garland, bows, wreaths etc. And actual LoW replacement? I hope I am wrong, but more of the same from this Christmas. :( However, on a positive note, by late 2011, there will be that LoW substitute. In my theory. :D

What it would be? I, for one, would like to see the return of the EPCOT snowflakes and the Dove, but maybe more spaced out around past the Fountain of Nations, twinkling in synchronization to the LoW BGM. But instead of the HKDL snowflakes to replace the LoW, (albeit our EPCOT flakes), the main attraction perhaps could be something else entirely new. Some ideas of mine include decking out the EPCOT symbol embedded in the ground to fiber optics up to robotic structures that can take shapes and also synchronize to the BGM. OK, robotic structures sound ridiculous, I know, but something like that. Just something different and unique for the LoW.

OR they could just rebuild the arches again. :lookaroun
YES!

That is greta to have holiday cheer and tech spred throughout FW! I'd imagine the logo lighting up would be similar to the lighted concrete in the plaza?

Awesome ideas!

jt04

There will be no need to ask, hes always keen to furnish information on his favourite subject.

WDW is not my favorite subject. Close though. Since everyone seems concerned, I quit going a couple years ago because there was nothing really new happening. That is how I have always treated the place. I go when something new is compelling enough to draw me back.

I think 74 is right that something new is on the way to replace the LoW. And whatever replaces LoW, I think, will be superior. If that means waiting longer to get a properly budgeted new Christmas offering, then that is fine with me. I'd hate to get a scaled back version that we are then stuck with for years (see Space Mountain). So keep complaining, and you just might get a scaled back rushed version of what might have been.

What is that saying? Oh yeah, "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it".

EPCOT Explorer

WDW is not my favorite subject. Close though. Since everyone seems concerned, I quit going a couple years ago because there was nothing really new happening. That is how I have always treated the place. I go when something new is compelling enough to draw me back.

So, how can you comment on the quality and upkeep of the place if you have not seen it?

jt04

So, how can you comment on the quality and upkeep of the place if you have not seen it?

Really EE? Are you serious? How many years were you absent from the parks while still commenting daily? :ROFLOL:You even comment on PI etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have excellent first and second-hand sources. I know what is going on everywhere at the world for the most part.

EPCOT Explorer

Really EE? Are you serious? How many years were you absent from the parks while still commenting daily? :ROFLOL:You even comment on PI etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have excellent first and second-hand sources. I know what is going on everywhere at the world for the most part.

If you notice, I do not comment about DAK, seeing I have not been there in a bit.

The rest, full and fair game!...Even though I too, am well informed.

And you finally say you DO have sources. Quite a change from your repetitive denial a few months ago. We are making progress, jay!:)

jt04

If you notice, I do not comment about DAK, seeing I have not been there in a bit.

The rest, full and fair game!...Even though I too, am well informed.

And you finally say you DO have sources. Quite a change from your repetitive denial a few months ago. We are making progress, jay!:)

I do not have insider sources. I just get reports from the people that count. Actual guests. I have always made that clear. You have a sinister streak. :drevil:

:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I do not have insider sources. I just get reports from the people that count. Actual guests. I have always made that clear. You have a sinister streak. :drevil:

:lol:

Sounds reliable.

It's part of my Doom and Gloomer heritage. Gotta keep the noble tradition alive and all that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom