Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EpcotServo

Grand Canyon, I was fine. :king:

No excuse for not riding these rides, hiking around the edge of the Grand Canyon scared the beejebus out of me.

(This was on the second California trip...Great souvie from Grand Canyon was the "I Hiked, Dragged Myself, Complained, nearly passed out, and barely made it out of the CANYON" magnet ...That's me in the wilderness alright. :lol: )

EPCOT Explorer

No excuse for not riding these rides, hiking around the edge of the Grand Canyon scared the beejebus out of me.

(This was on the second California trip...Great souvie from Grand Canyon was the "I Hiked, Dragged Myself, Complained, nearly passed out, and barely made it out of the CANYON" magnet ...That's me in the wilderness alright. :lol: )

NO EXCUSES.:lookaroun:lol: (See how that feels!?)

Canyon was awesome. I sat on the edge. And went a good ways down....about 3 hours. :D

RSoxNo1

The newly aired Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays special only referenced the storytellers around Epcot. They did not reference the Peace on Earth Tag or the Candlelight Processional, and obviously they didn't mention the lights of winter. Here's hoping this isn't a sign of things to be cut in subsequent years.

jrashadb

So, I'll be in the parks this weekend. I scheduled the trip. my stay in POR, my Candlelight Processional dinner package and blah,blah, blah before all of this happened.

And, I don't want to go.

I'm interested to see what has been done with Space Mountain and in seeing my favorites as I would be for any trip to WDW but I don't really care about the Christmas stuff.

I know my opinion will change once I get there and will really change once I see the POE tag on Illuminations. I'm just saying that I'm not excited, and I usually am... it kinda sucks.

The Disney Kid

So, I'll be in the parks this weekend. I scheduled the trip. my stay in POR, my Candlelight Processional dinner package and blah,blah, blah before all of this happened.

And, I don't want to go.

I'm interested to see what has been done with Space Mountain and in seeing my favorites as I would be for any trip to WDW but I don't really care about the Christmas stuff.

I know my opinion will change once I get there and will really change once I see the POE tag on Illuminations. I'm just saying that I'm not excited, and I usually am... it kinda sucks.

Don't let all this stuff get you down. Don't dwell on what isn't there. Enjoy what IS there. It's still Disney. You'll have a great time!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The newly aired Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays special only referenced the storytellers around Epcot. They did not reference the Peace on Earth Tag or the Candlelight Processional, and obviously they didn't mention the lights of winter. Here's hoping this isn't a sign of things to be cut in subsequent years.

Did the special show exactly where the storytelllers around Epcot wuld be located? Because when I was there over Thanksgiving, it really appeared that WDW was giving them as little room as possible. The area in Germany where the storyteller usually had their presentation was grassed over and replaced with a small stage on the sidewalk. And the storyteller stage in Canada seemed to be tucked in the smallest corner they could find. I'm hoping things changed after I left.....

RSoxNo1

Did the special show exactly where the storytelllers around Epcot wuld be located? Because when I was there over Thanksgiving, it really appeared that WDW was giving them as little room as possible. The area in Germany where the storyteller usually had their presentation was grassed over and replaced with a small stage on the sidewalk. And the storyteller stage in Canada seemed to be tucked in the smallest corner they could find. I'm hoping things changed after I left.....

I didn't look for the storytellers when I was there after Thanksgiving, and they didn't specify exactly where the storytellers were in the special.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, but budgets were the issue there.

LOW was an unforseen issue.
Apparently, this decision was made in March.

I really want the manager who made this monetary decision to be held responsible for his actions.

Of course "Disney Management" and "Responsibility for your Actions" seem to be two concepts that never go together.

I posted his name (I think) a few pages back. French name.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I heard that too, but I also heard otherwise, something I can`t discuss.

:dazzle::brick:

To me, it seems as though a manager thought he would get a bonus by not spending to put them up. With Martin saying what he said, I may not fully think what I heard was the whole deal, though.

He is not telling us what he has heard though.. soooo:confused::shrug:.. I am sticking with what the official tweet said. :shrug:

tirian

Expect more Christmas decorations at Epcot next year. The public outcry has made a difference.

Also, expect certain people on the boards to say it was all part of one big master plan, even though it wasn't. ;)

Exprcoofto

Maybe the Guest Relations CM was telling me to keep open minded for a while because the money is going to a bigger plan next year? (like mentioned?)

Doubt it, she was probably just trying to shut me up. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom