Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOTPluto

Expect more Christmas decorations at Epcot next year. The public outcry has made a difference.

Also, expect certain people on the boards to say it was all part of one big master plan, even though it wasn't.
Nice. The public has spoken. And what DO they have in mind now? :lookaroun:D

donaldfan

An EPCOT guest relations CM that was off-duty touring a resort saw my button and said that the controllers got rusted out and that the tech was obsolete to be replaced . . . :shrug:

don't know if that additional tidbit means anything or not??

EPCOTPluto

Some built in twinkling lights on SSE with a topper on top making it look like a giant ornament?

/runsandhides
That will certainly put use of that proposed plan to drape SSE with screens well. Snowflakes falling... :D

:lookaroun:zipit:

LoW V2.0?
One can only hope... :)

I love you.
:lol:

An EPCOT guest relations CM that was off-duty touring a resort saw my button and said that the controllers got rusted out and that the tech was obsolete to be replaced . . . :shrug:

Don't know if that additional tidbit means anything or not??
Interesting... Never heard of any more detail besides "the tech was obsolete".

If that's the case, it could be repaired, but that's my wishful thinking within me once again.

EPCOT Explorer

Some built in twinkling lights on SSE with a topper on top making it look like a giant ornament?

/runsandhides
:fork:

It could have been easily fixed. I think it's another excuse.

TURKEY

I had written a personal letter to VP Dan and included information about when I was a CM during his reign as GM at the All-Stars.

I got a form letter this week.

RSoxNo1

OK, I understand that people are upset about the lights of winter not being displayed anymore. I recognize that people are perhaps more upset about the perceived cost cutting that's going on here. That being said, I think the scope of this thread is ridiculous. We're 1700+ posts deep. Was there this level of discussion when major attractions closed?

TURKEY

OK, I understand that people are upset about the lights of winter not being displayed anymore. I recognize that people are perhaps more upset about the perceived cost cutting that's going on here. That being said, I think the scope of this thread is ridiculous. We're 1700+ posts deep. Was there this level of discussion when major attractions closed?

What major attractions would you consider to have closed during the internet era?

I can really only think of 1 major attraction that would be Wonders of Life. 20k, Toad was before the real internet/message boards.

What else are you thinking of?

tirian

I've heard the same thing, although it doesn't address why the tech hadn't been replaced in 11 months.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

That doesn't explain why the technology hadn't been updated to something current.

There are many controllers currently available that are more than capable of doing the sequencing.

RSoxNo1

What major attractions would you consider to have closed during the internet era?

I can really only think of 1 major attraction that would be Wonders of Life. 20k, Toad was before the real internet/message boards.

What else are you thinking of?

Aladdin the Musical at DCA is the most obvious one to me. Granted it's going to be replaced with something else, but it was a wildly popular show.

I do agree that they haven't cut a major attraction, but they have replaced Timekeeper and Alien Encounter.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Penny dropping for some perhaps that something stinks in how the place is being run?

TP2000

Aladdin the Musical at DCA is the most obvious one to me. Granted it's going to be replaced with something else, but it was a wildly popular show.

A wildly popular show that will be 6 years old by the time it finishes its run at DCA in 2010. For Disneyland and the rabid local SoCal crowd, that's an eternity. Only because Alladin was so good did it get to stay as long as it did. It was a stage show; those aren't supposed to live forever.

Hence why we don't have the Kids Of The Kingdom singing This Land Is Your Land in matching sweater sets like it's still 1974. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom