Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

Rob562

That's their usual storage location. But a few weeks before installation they're usually removed from there to another backstage location where they're prepped for installation. This year they were just left where they've been parked since January.

-Rob

TimNRA757

With that tidbit being in D23 I'm thinking something really did happen while evaluating them for install at some point and Disney just doesn't want to fess up to it for whatever reason...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
So...as I tweeted this afternoon....The Dec. issue of D23 has a whole "Holiday in the Parks" section. What's mentioned in the first line of the EPCOT blurb?

Lights of Winter.

Sheesh. Even D23 :)rolleyes::lookaroun:lol:) has this thing still set up, and listed for promotion....Makes me TOTALLY think that the decision comes from TDO, and was last min.:rolleyes:

The Greed Patrol strikes again.

Wow... major major fail :brick::brick::dazzle::lol::dazzle:

krankenstein

So...as I tweeted this afternoon....The Dec. issue of D23 has a whole "Holiday in the Parks" section. What's mentioned in the first line of the EPCOT blurb?

Lights of Winter.

Sheesh. Even D23 :)rolleyes::lookaroun:lol:) has this thing still set up, and listed for promotion....Makes me TOTALLY think that the decision comes from TDO, and was last min.:rolleyes:

That shall be tweeted about for awhile. :D

WDW Vacationer

Lights of Winter.

Ok. WOW! 2 things.

1) They fail bigtime. That's good communication. I do think it was TDOs fault.

2) You read a D23 magazine?!:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Heres a source I found online.
"Sorry folks, I work for Disney, and can assure you that NO MONEY is made off of the lights, so they’re gone! ALL entities, rides, etc must pay for themselves in 10’s or 100s of PERCENT to last. In other words, if Candlight Processional didn’t net over $3000000/month, it’d be gone, with the sappy little singers with it! Disney is about money. Shareholders. It is not about pleasing guests and the ‘experience’ anymore." What do you believe, The technology is to obsolete or this article.
The Castle Dreamlights don't make money. Nor do Osborne. I fail to see this logic.

Ok. WOW! 2 things.

1) They fail bigtime. That's good communication. I do think it was TDOs fault.

2) You read a D23 magazine?
!:lookaroun

:lol: I was in the Disney Store, and I always feel it is appropriate to scope out the enemy...and bug the CM about what's offered.

"75 bucks for a magazine and a mall...?....Maybe next time."
:lookaroun:D
Heh

:king::xmas:
NICE!

Here's mine...

RT @EPCOTExplorer: Are you KIDDING me!?!? LoW is talked about in the new issue of D23. Fail, TDO. @DisneyParks

nbodyhome

Not sure if anyone has posted this or not but I found them! The Lights of Winter exist. On my way to the Disney Golf Classic (or whatever they're calling it this year) we headed out through the EPCOT parking lot over by Explore and Wonder. As we headed through Wonder and made a left to exit, there tucked behind some trees, fencing, and two Studio Tour Trams were the LIGHTS OF WINTER. Sitting out there in plain sight upside down. I didn't get chance to take a photo because cameras were not allowed on the

That is supposed to be their normal storage area, I took photos of them a little over a week ago.

Mr.MouseFan

Just back from the world. Hopefully it's just because they're not finished with everything yet, but I was very underwhelmed by the Epcot christmas decorations. It just looks barren without the LOW. Plus there were absolutely no topiaries to be found, and the balls of lights that came before the LOW heading towards World Showcase were also not there.

EPCOT Explorer

Just back from the world. Hopefully it's just because they're not finished with everything yet, but I was very underwhelmed by the Epcot christmas decorations. It just looks barren without the LOW. Plus there were absolutely no topiaries to be found, and the balls of lights that came before the LOW heading towards World Showcase were also not there.
Bare bones. Who ever thought DISNEY would be bare bones?!:(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's really starting to sound like that they found something wrong with LoW even before they were to set it up and decided repairing it just wasn't worth the effort. A classic epic fail on the part of TDO, especially with the reference to LoW in the D23 magazine....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom