Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

jt04

I used to have it. Cant find the photo of it straight from the show book.

EDIT: THANK YOU STEVE SOARES!

Lights of Winter Song List:
A Song of Joy Medley” - One Special Christmas, David T. Clydesdale presents
“Ding Dong Merrily on High” - Original arrangement, not available on CD
O Holy Night” - Original arrangement, not available on CD
“Starry Night Medley” - One Special Christmas, David T. Clydesdale presents
The Christmas Hymn” - One Special Christmas, David T. Clydesdale presents
“Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” - Christmas Festival, Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops
“Carols of the World Medley” - One Special Christmas, David T. Clydesdale presents
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” - Joy to the World, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
“Carol of the Bells” - David Foster Christmas

I highlighted the songs that are verboten by the NWO.

OK, gotta go before photodave tells me to. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

"LOW are obsolete"

Depends on your definition of obsolete. If I use same definition, then me and the family going to WDW year after year is also obsolete. And, for another example, Thunder Mountain Railroad and also obsolete. WDW Management should be careful to understand the broader definitions of some of the words they use.

Trust me, we all agree....It's really pitiful.

Welcome, BTW!! :wave:

Tim, exactly. The momentum must be kept.

jt04

Is it that they want to cut the religious ties to Christmas? Unless of course those ties buy thousands of WS dinners? Do not be suprised if the blasting of religous music through the park did not account for a large part of this closure.

The "we do not promote religious views, unless they provide a core source of income" attitude is too much.

^That

EPCOT Explorer

Is it that they want to cut the religious ties to Christmas? Unless of course those ties buy thousands of WS dinners? Do not be suprised if the blasting of religous music through the park did not account for a large part of this closure.

The "we do not promote religious views, unless they provide a core source of income" attitude is too much.

I highlighted the songs that are verboten by the NWO.

OK, gotta go before photodave tells me to. :wave:
Though I doubt that that is the case, it is sickening.:lol:

JimboJones123

"LOW are obsolete"

Depends on your definition of obsolete. If I use same definition, then me and the family going to WDW year after year is also obsolete. And, for another example, Thunder Mountain Railroad and also obsolete. WDW Management should be careful to understand the broader definitions of some of the words they use.

2/3 of all the parks are obsolete. But, the nostalgia factor keeps much of it around. Too bad this thread has totally proved there is no nostalgia value to LOW. If only people had the same love for LOW as COP, or Snow White, or SSE, or Indy Stunt Show, or any 3D movie at WDW, or the Poly, or GMR, or POTC, or UOE, or the Contemp, or Winter Summerland Golf, or Adm. Fowler, or the Monorail system, or Main St USA, or Dumbo (wait, they are doubling the size of an building an entire land around this obsolete attraction), or a countless list of WDW attractions.

Twinkling lights to
music may be the most absolutely non-obsolete if all the examples given.

aladdin2007

I too noticed Epcot has done nothing for decor. But I did not get all the way into world showcase, can someone tell me if the countries are even decorated? I know Germany and Norway have always decorated pretty well along with some others like the dining in Le Cellier, France, Mexico, etc.

We already canceled one candlight package and debating on whether to cancel the other. If they didnt even bother to decorate were not going to that park at all, its bad enough with the all the rest not happening in future world.

Oh by the way I told the the person on the phone exactly why I was canceling, all she said was I was not the first. :wave: and she dropped it after that and moved on.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

It's especially ironic considering how much Christmas Decor they put up in Tokyo and Hong Kong where the Christian religion isn't nearly as widespread.

Mr.MouseFan

Bare bones. Who ever thought DISNEY would be bare bones?!:(

I agree. It was very depressing. I think it's the first time I've been to Epcot where there wasn't some big topiary display right through the gates. But like I said, hopefully things aren't finished. If they are finished, then it's really sad, no Christmas cheer there at all. The Angel wasn't even lit at the top of the tree. Yes WS is decorated, I noticed decorations in UK, American Pavilion, Italy, Germany and Norway and Mexico. Didn't notice anything yet in France, Morocco, Japan, or China.

oldgeezer

Disney has exhibited a disturbing trend for phasing out the passive types of entertainment enjoyed by its older fans and replacing them with such attractions as roller coasters, motion sickness-inducing flight simulator rides, and rides that wet us all over. I think it is time that WE retire from vacationing at Disney World. We loved Lights of Winter and we hate to see this display disappear from Epcot.

TimNRA757

Disney has exhibited a disturbing trend for phasing out the passive types of entertainment enjoyed by its older fans and replacing them with such attractions as roller coasters, motion sickness-inducing flight simulator rides, and rides that wet us all over. I think it is time that WE retire from vacationing at Disney World. We loved Lights of Winter and we hate to see this display disappear from Epcot.
Huh? I guess the new choir could potentially spin us upside down and flash pictures of some kind of virtual world while spraying us with a garden hose...

EPCOT Explorer

I hope that's the truth one...:lookaroun:lol:
I too noticed Epcot has done nothing for decor. But I did not get all the way into world showcase, can someone tell me if the countries are even decorated? I know Germany and Norway have always decorated pretty well along with some others like the dining in Le Cellier, France, Mexico, etc.

We already canceled one candlight package and debating on whether to cancel the other. If they didnt even bother to decorate were not going to that park at all, its bad enough with the all the rest not happening in future world.

Oh by the way I told the the person on the phone exactly why I was canceling, all she said was I was not the first. :wave: and she dropped it after that and moved on
GOOD. I hope Disney sees this trend.

New World Order?
No Way Out?
Now With Orange-scent?
Yep. Bunch of loonies that want to make everyone the same...:rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

This is from this afternoon. Glean from it what you can, I'm not quite sure what to look for...
4086584103_7b62d5f99f_b.jpg

Is that place easily accessible with a generator? Some rogue cast member should plug them in to a generator and see how long it takes someone to notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom