Lights of Winter arches - shrink wrapped

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Lights of Winter are still sitting at the back of the Epcot parking lot, but as you can see from the photos, they are now shrink wrapped. So is this to preserve them for use again, or are they going to be disposed of?

Attachments

• webDSC08316.jpg
    webDSC08316.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 332
  • webDSC08314.jpg
    webDSC08314.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 293

LucyintheSky

Oh wow. Thanks for the pics... I have no idea what going to happen to them, but I'm eager to see if anyone else has heard anything.

It makes me sad to see them like that... I really missed them this past Christmas season.

Rob562

I take this as a good sign that they at least want to keep the arches, and at least keep them stable in their current condition. The shrink-wrap looks to be the same kind they use to winterize boats here in the northeast. If they were going to scrap them, they wouldn't have gone to the expense, they would've just cut them up and carted them off ala The Wand.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I take this as a good sign that they at least want to keep the arches, and at least keep them stable in their current condition. The shrink-wrap looks to be the same kind they use to winterize boats here in the northeast. If they were going to scrap them, they wouldn't have gone to the expense, they would've just cut them up and carted them off ala The Wand.

-Rob

Yep I think there is certainly some hope that they are being preserved. As we have seen before, when they don't want something around, they scrap it.

Mr.EPCOT

It would actually be slightly disappointing to me if they were preserving them, my hope was that they'd be starting from scratch with something entirely new for the Lights of Winter. However, better the old ones back than nothing at all.

s8film40

It would actually be slightly disappointing to me if they were preserving them, my hope was that they'd be starting from scratch with something entirely new for the Lights of Winter. However, better the old ones back than nothing at all.

While that would seem like a good idea, EPCOT doesn't exactly have a very good track record for re-imagining it's attractions.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well it's a start. If they truly had no intention of ever using them again they would not have gone through the trouble of shrink wrapping them. This also goes along with the theory that they were just damaged when being removed from storage this year and that they lied to us about the whole "obsolete" thing.

WDW Vacationer

Maybe they are being shipped to CA to be worked on? As Rob said that appears to be what the cover boats up here in during winter. Definately a sign of preservation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
They actually kind of look like they're being prepared for transport...

That's what they look like to me as well. I've see wrapping very similar to that on boats and large pieces of machinery being transported by truck.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The Lights of Winter are still sitting at the back of the Epcot parking lot, but as you can see from the photos, they are now shrink wrapped. So is this to preserve them for use again, or are they going to be disposed of?

They are "obsolete" right? :veryconfu I mean... c'mon... Disney deemed them as so. :lol: My bet is they are going in that dumpster right there in pic 2. :king: :lol::lookaroun

:p

WDWExplorer

Banned
Maybe they are being shipped to CA to be worked on? As Rob said that appears to be what the cover boats up here in during winter. Definately a sign of preservation.

ding ding ding... we have a winner... They are going to glendale for LED and control system replacement...

they are SUPPOSED to be back in october in time to have them set up for the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom