Lights of Winter arches - shrink wrapped

s8film40

ding ding ding... we have a winner... They are going to glendale for LED and control system replacement...

they are SUPPOSED to be back in october in time to have them set up for the holidays.

Why would they ship them all the way across the country? Disney certainly has facilities to work on things like this right on property. Seems like a very expensive route to take.

Spyne

I'll agree that this does give hope that they may not be going away for good. I'd love to see them back next holiday season redone with LED lights. :)

hrcollectibles

Well it's a start. If they truly had no intention of ever using them again they would not have gone through the trouble of shrink wrapping them. This also goes along with the theory that they were just damaged when being removed from storage this year and that they lied to us about the whole "obsolete" thing.

Unless they have sold them to another theme park or collector

PalisadesPkteer

WDWExplorer,

Do you feel your sources are right about this? Shipping them does seem to be a un-needed expense to repair and LED upgrade them. WDI in Florida could do it, can't they?

Boy, do I hope you are right about this! They need to do more than this though. LoW coming back would be awsome, but , they need more holiday decor in EPCOT. Like make sure the christmas tree in walkway between FW & WS WORKS THIS TIME! And buy some garland will ya!

If they did sell it to someone else, then lets all go there for the holidays, not WDW.

Rob562

If they do ship them to be refurbished, I'd be surprised... (though perhaps it's been contracted to an outside company)

From what I've been told, the WDI staffs on each coast have their own "specialties" where each will handle the appropriate jobs for both resorts:

The West Coast WDI people specialize in animatronics, which is why things like Lucky, Muppet Mobile Lab and the Yeti were built out there and shipped east.

The East Coast WDI people specialize in pyro, fountains and show/lighting controls, which is why they were the ones to develop the air-launchers used in RoE (and then installed at Disneyland), the inferno barge for RoE, as well as the fountains and many other show elements for World of Color.

So because it's their specialty, that's why I'm wondering why they'd ship them west to get refurbed. Maybe they're shipping them out to a company not to refurbish but for duplication? ("Here... Take these and make us a brand new set...") Just speculating here...

-Rob

WDWExplorer

Banned
did some double checking..my source says they are being shipped to california for work.. after that, he's not sure.. but the project to refurb them ends in october

BrerFrog

ding ding ding... we have a winner... They are going to glendale for LED and control system replacement...

they are SUPPOSED to be back in october in time to have them set up for the holidays.

Are you just speculating or do you actually have a source on that nice piece of news?!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I agree looks like they are for shipment. why would they ship them out, maby its cheeper to ship the to CA then to bring in or pay the workers in WDW to do it in house? :shrug:. Also what branch of WDI built them in the first place? the West or East, maby the original plans or whatever are out west? idk just a thought

EPCOT Explorer

If they do ship them to be refurbished, I'd be surprised... (though perhaps it's been contracted to an outside company)

From what I've been told, the WDI staffs on each coast have their own "specialties" where each will handle the appropriate jobs for both resorts:

The West Coast WDI people specialize in animatronics, which is why things like Lucky, Muppet Mobile Lab and the Yeti were built out there and shipped east.

The East Coast WDI people specialize in pyro, fountains and show/lighting controls, which is why they were the ones to develop the air-launchers used in RoE (and then installed at Disneyland), the inferno barge for RoE, as well as the fountains and many other show elements for World of Color.

So because it's their specialty, that's why I'm wondering why they'd ship them west to get refurbed. Maybe they're shipping them out to a company not to refurbish but for duplication? ("Here... Take these and make us a brand new set...") Just speculating here...

-Rob
Ironic: They built our Yeti, we are building their WoC. :lol:

For something as small as LoW, I really don't see them being shipped, sorry. Hopefully they are, seeing they need some consequential work.

peter11435

Umm... this shrink wrap is nothing new. The arches have been been wrapped up like that nearly every year when not in use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom