Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

cjkeating

I wonder what the priority will be for demolition? I feel like they will start from the back by what was CC to LMA and work forwards.

Cmdr_Crimson

The tricky part of SOA is that a lot of it is facades over buildings that aren't being taken down, so they will have to be much more careful in taking them down, then how they did Cat Canyon for example.

Shouldn't that be the first thing they should take down? I'd think they'd do it piece by piece due to guests being so close. Especially the New York Back drop as it just an island that is close to Star Tours and Sci Fi are they going to wall that up?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Shouldn't that be the first thing they should take down? I'd think they'd do it piece by piece due to guests being so close. Especially the New York Back drop as it just an island that is close to Star Tours and Sci Fi are they going to wall that up?

Those may not be a priority since they don't gain much by taking them down.

roj2323

A bit, but not that fast. It has some substantial foundations.

For the parts that are coming down.

Which parts are they not taking down? The only thing I can think of is the L shaped peice that wraps the back of muppets 3D simply because it makes a good veiw block of the construction

TheOrangeBird01

I was wondering about the facades covering the Muppets building... Those would probably be last, wouldn't they?

I hope so! In my ideal Hollywood Studios, they would leave up the half of SOA that covers Muppet Vision. That way there'll still be some of the Street left, and I won't be so sad lol. What can really go in that area between Muppet Vision and Sci Fi anyway? I get that things will go behind it, but directly beside it? I don't see anything that could fit in that small space.

s8film40

When can we expect the demolition to begin? I'd imagine they need a couple days to clean out the area and save any props and other materials but hopefully that won't take long.
When I drove in today they had a lift up by that awning over the stands and were taking the lights down. This is obviously the logical first step. There's a lot of equipment that needs to be removed from the attractions, shops and restaurants. Then obviously the larger props need to be dealt with. I would hope that the boneyard vehicles and Walt's plane are moved out with some level of care. I would expect a week or two at minimum before they can begin the real demolition, although there are likely some areas that can begin before others.

doctornick

I hope so! In my ideal Hollywood Studios, they would leave up the half of SOA that covers Muppet Vision. That way there'll still be some of the Street left, and I won't be so sad lol. What can really go in that area between Muppet Vision and Sci Fi anyway? I get that things will go behind it, but directly beside it? I don't see anything that could fit in that small space.

Well, that space could be used as part of a show building. Or they could put some backstage support there.

deere839

Does anyone know if they did something special of LMA last performance? Lol I feel like it died and no one cared
All the drivers came out to watch it besides the ones that drived during the show and did a big hug then later on they right after the show they went back on the set and watched it from the finale big scene from the set and then hugged again and talked about being sad about its finale show and after that they all jumped into the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom