Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

brb1006

There were many people filming the show so I'm sure you'll see at least one pop up soon. It looked like there were lots of friends and family in the audience. The crew came out afterwards to take group photos with the guests - a very classy touch.
Now I'm waiting until we see video of the final performance of Dream Along With Mickey

roj2323

Gone by April 30th is my guess.

Oh, 2016.

Yea I'm imagining there's going to be a sea of demolition equipment parked on SOA in the next few days. However the reality is it might be a few days before Disney can strip everything they want to save out of the area. (props and such)

Pam Hates Penguins

Yea I'm imagining there's going to be a sea of demolition equipment parked on SOA in the next few days. However the reality is it might be a few days before Disney can strip everything they want to save out of the area. (props and such)

Walt's plane? What's going to happen to that?

olie64

Don't they already have some there? Having they taken down the one theater already? (Actual question not sarcasm)

roj2323

Indeed, and Catastrophe Canyon as well.

While I'm sure there are elements that will take a little while to remove, I do expect the greater LMA area to be torn down relatively quickly.
You would be suprised with that area. There's a heck of a lot of concrete in that grandstands. Partially because it is used as an anchor for wind loading. Even with several machines it's going to take at least a month if not two to get it broken down. Streets of America on the other hand should go a bit quicker.

Next Big Thing

There was an incredible amount of construction workers out on SOA in the parks last few hours. Seemed like they wanted to waste no time. They were already getting started moving things during operating hours.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You would be suprised with that area. There's a heck of a lot of concrete in that grandstands. Partially because it is used as an anchor for wind loading. Even with several machines it's going to take at least a month if not two to get it broken down. Streets of America on the other hand should go a bit quicker.

The tricky part of SOA is that a lot of it is facades over buildings that aren't being taken down, so they will have to be much more careful in taking them down, then how they did Cat Canyon for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom