Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When I drove in today they had a lift up by that awning over the stands and were taking the lights down. This is obviously the logical first step. There's a lot of equipment that needs to be removed from the attractions, shops and restaurants. Then obviously the larger props need to be dealt with. I would hope that the boneyard vehicles and Walt's plane are moved out with some level of care. I would expect a week or two at minimum before they can begin the real demolition, although there are likely some areas that can begin before others.

Walt's plane will definitely need to move before they can start demo on the grandstand.

UbIwerks

Drove by the south entrance today and noticed the LMA photo to the far left of the entry road has been replaced by fantasmic art work. I would have taken a pic but I was driving.

1ppKDqc.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think it'd look neat if they had the attraction logos like Fantasmic's on the outside instead of a couple of characters... Like the Star Tours logo, Tower of Terror logo, Toy Story Mania logo... But not just the logo. Detailed logos with characters or the ride vehicles or something. It'd be neat.

Goofyernmost

I agree. Which is why they should stay on top of what needs to be done to keep them looking nice and avoid them looking this way for any extended period of time.

"Disney Difference"
I think in this case, the future of DHS is really going to look different. That isn't an excuse for the rest of the places on property being neglected, but, it really wouldn't be worth the expense to fix that when it probably will be changing in a few months anyway. The one that bothers me the most is the banner that identifies the Imagination ride. If it isn't bad enough that it doesn't have, and hasn't had for years, a permanent identity sign, but, it is dirty and faded cloth banner and lacking in any pride at all. We have no indication that they are going to change that attraction in the near or distant future, but, is treated like the piece of garbage that it became with the change over way back when.

mergatroid

All the drivers came out to watch it besides the ones that drived during the show and did a big hug then later on they right after the show they went back on the set and watched it from the finale big scene from the set and then hugged again and talked about being sad about its finale show and after that they all jumped into the pool.

Video here

PhotoDave219

All the drivers came out to watch it besides the ones that drived during the show and did a big hug then later on they right after the show they went back on the set and watched it from the finale big scene from the set and then hugged again and talked about being sad about its finale show and after that they all jumped into the pool.

So there's some really bad news out of entertainment about those cast members.

Everyone who jumped in the pool? Well word on the street is they fired everyone who was part of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom