Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

ToTBellHop

Their beat blogger Dewayne is worse that any of the teat sucking lifestylers thrown around here-he's supposed to be a journalist yet he's first in line at the buffet
Yeah, it's hardly an effective news source (not many of those left anywhere) but their comments about changes coming to WDW are usually well-sourced from discussions over Mickey Waffles.

JohnD

I don't think they'll want to rename the park until it is closer to something that resembles its final state. They wouldn't want to have the new name associated with the messy state it'll be in for the next few years.

Earful Tower is closing. That's a studios icon if there ever was one. If there is nothing left that resembles a studio, might as well rename the park sooner rather than later.

tl77

Good thing they have another stunts show standing by
marvel.jpg

and can retheme Honey I Shruck the Kids playground to Ant Man and The Wasp

mm121

Possible. But maybe having a stunt show with racing cars, jet skis, and explosions may not be practical or safe between two construction zones.
it would definitely match the destruction theme and explosions and race cars would cover up the noise of construction equipment
I was also thinking this. One possibility for why LMA is closing is that TSL will take out the practice area.
couldnt they just practice on the main show area like early in the morning if they lost the practice area.
Another possibility is that some of the backstage stuff where TSL is going, is going to get moved back there.
rather than wasting land space its too bad they dont build the backstage stuff under the new area like at magic kingdom.
Would be nice if they said that any single day tickets bought for EPCOT or Hollywood Studios could be used to park hop between EPCOT/Studios (not any other parks, just those two) without needing to purchase the park hopper upgrade... though I'm doubtful that would ever happen... if they end up closing Indy (and/or possibly Voyage of the Little Mermaid) before another significant attraction becomes available (sorry, for me, Launch Bay and Club Disney are not significant attractions), the crunch is going to be pretty tight!
thats not a bad idea, since people would be down right stupid to pay 100 bucks to get into dhs in its current state and i they do im sure they are super disappointed

which while i know most visitiors dont come for just one day, some definitely still do, which im sure is what has an impact on MKs capacity problem as its really the only park that comes anywhere close to being worth the admission cost for a one day ticket though even then its not especially with the new fast pass 60 day out reservations system
I don't think they'll want to rename the park until it is closer to something that resembles its final state. They wouldn't want to have the new name associated with the messy state it'll be in for the next few years.
going by this theory they shouldnt have renamed disney springs until the entire project was complete since while its getting better its still a mess in parts

maybe they should name it "Disneys Constructionland Park" a limited time attraction, maybe get mickey a hard hat and bright orange vest for meet and greets.. then they could justify charging the current 100 dollar admission though its a halfday park
With the two new lands scheduled to go on both sides of this couldn't it just be that they need this space to stage all equipment, construction trailers, etc.?
pretty sure the construction access road thats too be built from world drive goes right into the LMA area

what time of day did they do the main demo work for new fantasyland, would be great to see them work 24/7 once they start to actually just get it done rather than dragging it out for years like theyve done with avatarland

but at least during the 5 years its taken to build avatarland half the park didnt have to be shut down, lion king was only down for a couple months during the theatre switch
There were some tweets about it recently that seem to have been deleted now. A roof was mentioned as well. Wish we knew something more concrete.
theyd definitely at least need some type of shade structure maybe giant shade clothes could be used temporarily since theyd have to shut down fantasmic to build a real roof of any sort for many months,
That's what I thought, certainly looking at the land parcels on the permit, the construction traffic roadway leads straight in behind LMA . This would allow them to shutter the whole of SoA, LMA all the way up to muppets, old backlot entrance, linking up the starwars areas and toy story playland with storage areas for plant, materials and welfare facilities.
yea the road leads right into this area

didnt know they were shutting down SoA completely, though there really wont be any attractions back there

lets hope they have plans and the intentions to build a third land once the area of LMA isnt needed for construction staging
Disney should drop price of the ticket if they're going to close nearly every attraction in the park for several years.
should, but that will NEVer happen, that would be an admission that the park is a mess though i wonder what would happen if someone pays the day price to get in and then finds out theres nothing to do.

the only thing that will change anything is if tons of people just stop going, or complain alot

how did they handle the situation when they were redoing California adventure? how much of the park was closed at one time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom