Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

Next Big Thing

LMA was a great show to see once and then never see it again. It was just a one and done type of show and in recent years I don't think i've seen the stadium been filling up either, even with showing it only twice daily.

Lsumatt72

LMA was a great show to see once and then never see it again. It was just a one and done type of show and in recent years I don't think i've seen the stadium been filling up either, even with showing it only twice daily.
Agreed. Watched it once, but not really something I'd want to watch time and time again. I somewhat feel the same about Indiana Jones. Saw it so many times in it's early days that I've probably watched it once or twice since the early-mid-90's

wdwgreek

I'm not shock, I'm surprised. From everything we have been hearing the Star wars and Toy story land's were not slated to occupy this space exactly. Some good ideas have been postulated by people, dangerous for the car show to run, space needed for backstage work, etc. I just find it hard to justify spending 98 dollars a day to go to DHS, how many attractions are left? 1. Great Movie Ride 2. Star Tours 3. RRC 4. Tower 5. Little mermaid 5. Playhouse Disney 6. Walt Disney Museum 7 Beauty and the beast 8. Indy 9. star wars meet and greet, 10 Muppets. That's ten bucks an attraction.

Goofyernmost

Also feels strange that the youngest attraction at the park is among the first to be closed down!
It's probably the part that you left out. Not only the youngest, but, if I were a betting man, I'd have to say that it is more then likely one of the most expensive shows to operated in the whole of WDW. Cars, professional drivers, massive usage of natural gas, safety equipment, tires and liability if something really bad were to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the show. I didn't always go to it every trip, but, I did go occasionally. However, from the very first show I wondered how the accountants would react to the cost. Even if they weren't putting new stuff in that area, it didn't have a long shelf life.

I still don't get the affection for riding past the "faux" Golden Girls house. Built long after the show first aired. It was just a copy of the one we saw on TV, like the rest of them on that street. It fit in well when they had the massive back stage tour, it fit perfectly, but, when it stopped being a studio it was nothing more then a bunch of propped up walls.

Next Big Thing

Agreed. Watched it once, but not really something I'd want to watch time and time again. I somewhat feel the same about Indiana Jones. Saw it so many times in it's early days that I've probably watched it once or twice since the early-mid-90's
As a local, I don't see IJESS often, but Indy is a truly fun and great show. The problem is it focuses on exactly what DHS is trying to get away from: film making. Which is why IJESS will be going away (for SWL) as well and possibly see something Indy open up down the line elsewhere in the park.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'm not shock, I'm surprised. From everything we have been hearing the Star wars and Toy story land's were not slated to occupy this space exactly. Some good ideas have been postulated by people, dangerous for the car show to run, space needed for backstage work, etc. I just find it hard to justify spending 98 dollars a day to go to DHS, how many attractions are left? 1. Great Movie Ride 2. Star Tours 3. RRC 4. Tower 5. Little mermaid 5. Playhouse Disney 6. Walt Disney Museum 7 Beauty and the beast 8. Indy 9. star wars meet and greet, 10 Muppets. That's ten bucks an attraction.

Would be nice if they said that any single day tickets bought for EPCOT or Hollywood Studios could be used to park hop between EPCOT/Studios (not any other parks, just those two) without needing to purchase the park hopper upgrade... though I'm doubtful that would ever happen... if they end up closing Indy (and/or possibly Voyage of the Little Mermaid) before another significant attraction becomes available (sorry, for me, Launch Bay and Club Disney are not significant attractions), the crunch is going to be pretty tight!

wdwgreek

It's probably the part that you left out. Not only the youngest, but, if I were a betting man, I'd have to say that it is more then likely one of the most expensive shows to operated in the whole of WDW. Cars, professional drivers, massive usage of natural gas, safety equipment, tires and liability if something really bad were to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the show. I didn't always go to it every trip, but, I did go occasionally. However, from the very first show I wondered how the accountants would react to the cost. Even if they weren't putting new stuff in that area, it didn't have a long shelf life.

I still don't get the affection for riding past the "faux" Golden Girls house. Built long after the show first aired. It was just a copy of the one we saw on TV, like the rest of them on that street. It fit in well when they had the massive back stage tour, it fit perfectly, but, when it stopped being a studio it was nothing more then a bunch of propped up walls.
But GOLDEN GIRLS, who run the world, Golden Girls. ( I couldn't agree more with you conclusion)

Cmdr_Crimson

It's Closing? Sights, Snoaring, Talking is really Closing!!
tumblr_mksl8uArtv1s46koto2_500.gif

asianway

This should be offset by the new daytime show at Fant!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom