Liberty Tree characters NOT returning

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For as many people who will NOT eat there because there are NO characters, just as many WILL eat there because there are NO characters.

Some people just like to eat a decent meal and get back out to the park. :shrug:

WDW1974

I won't eat there for dinner unless they go back to an a la carte menu like they used to have. I'm not paying $30 for 'family style' turkey and fixings.

So while I was happy the characters were removed it turns out it's a non-event for me ... so they may as well bring em back for those who like them.

I just HATE that I can't dine in the Castle anymore and they'll never stop the character meals there.

~MK Dining Has No Magic!~

LandBoatride

I think that's why they took away the characters.
It was supposed to increase the table turn over rate so that they can get more customers per hour. The guests occupy the tables a shorter amount of time if they aren't waiting for characters.

The problem, though, at least for me is that the price is the same and it's just Stouffer's food that can be bought at a local grocery store. Without the characters there is no extra feature.

:)

I am sure alot of people are having a problem with the price not decreasing. It is quite simply an expensive meal (especially with tax and tip too).

My one objection to the post is that the menu is NOT Stouffer's. Only one item has ever been a Stouffer's product, and that is the Mac-n-Cheese. And even then, it is just a Stouffer's recipe. The turkey is not Stouffers, nor is the new ham product with pineapple glaze, nor is the flank steak (a new juicier marinade this year has made this the most popular item re-ordered by guests), nor is any other menu offering. Sorry if this seems a bit touchy, but it is an insult to the many culinary chefs ( I will neither confirm nor deny if I am one of them) who work hard daily to prepare tasty food (albeit in bulk) to assert that they simply dethaw and heat some frozen Stouffer's boxed meals. One need only ask for the recipes to the items to see how complex many are, even if the concept and presentation is "simple". Ok, rant over lol. :)

Yes, the menu is comfort food and "simple", but it is not Stouffer's.

MousDad

For as many people who will NOT eat there because there are NO characters, just as many WILL eat there because there are NO characters.

Some people just like to eat a decent meal and get back out to the park. :shrug:

I'd like to believe you, but if the "100 empty tables a night" assertion is correct, that makes it hard to.

That's the whole problem with the anti-character movement. Wherever Disney puts them, crowds flock.

[Edit: Jim Hill said 100 empty seats a night, not tables. My bad.]

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Well you won't find one at Liberty Tree, where the food is not great to begin with. The only draw to that place for me was the chance to see "colonial" characters.

RiversideBunny

... Ok, rant over lol. :)

OK. Rant accepted.
Didn't the sign out front of LTT used to say 'Presented by Stouffers', or something like that?

I like it that you can get the recipes at the WDW eating places.
We once got the recipe for Stuffed French Toast at Crystal Palace.
The chef first gave us the one that makes enough for 200+ people, as a joke, and then a trimmed down version for home use.
We gave him some advice on preparing grits; he said he was not familiar with them.
:king:

coasterphil

I'd like to believe you, but if the "100 empty tables a night" assertion is correct, that makes it hard to.

That's the whole problem with the anti-character movement. Wherever Disney puts them, crowds flock.

As long as there are only 5 TS places in the park and Disney continues to push the DP I don't think we'll ever see a TS restaurant at MK with 100 empty tables.

rsoxguy

I eat there often, but only at pre-dinner hours. I prefer the early menu and the absence of characters. I was actually looking forward to an evening meal without the characters and family style menu.

MousDad

As long as there are only 5 TS places in the park and Disney continues to push the DP I don't think we'll ever see a TS restaurant at MK with 100 empty tables.

:lol::lol: LOL at MousDad and his double-doh! screwups.

First I was thinking this was the "Liberty Tree Characters Returning" thread, not the "Liberty Tree Characters Not Returning" thread.

Second, I misquoted Jim Hill (from his article in the Returning thread, which this isn't) at 100 tables a night, when he really said 100 seats a night.

So, basically just forget everything I just said.

DougK

I am sure alot of people are having a problem with the price not decreasing. It is quite simply an expensive meal (especially with tax and tip too).

My one objection to the post is that the menu is NOT Stouffer's. Only one item has ever been a Stouffer's product, and that is the Mac-n-Cheese. And even then, it is just a Stouffer's recipe. The turkey is not Stouffers, nor is the new ham product with pineapple glaze, nor is the flank steak (a new juicier marinade this year has made this the most popular item re-ordered by guests), nor is any other menu.

mmmmm....ham product....... :lol:

PhilharMagician

My one objection to the post is that the menu is NOT Stouffer's. Only one item has ever been a Stouffer's product, and that is the Mac-n-Cheese. And even then, it is just a Stouffer's recipe. The turkey is not Stouffers, nor is the new ham product with pineapple glaze, nor is the flank steak (a new juicier marinade this year has made this the most popular item re-ordered by guests), nor is any other menu offering. Sorry if this seems a bit touchy, but it is an insult to the many culinary chefs ( I will neither confirm nor deny if I am one of them) who work hard daily to prepare tasty food (albeit in bulk) to assert that they simply dethaw and heat some frozen Stouffer's boxed meals. One need only ask for the recipes to the items to see how complex many are, even if the concept and presentation is "simple". Ok, rant over lol. :)

The flank steak served there was like chewing on a leather glove. I'v eaten jerky that was moister than that flank steak. I am glad to hear that this has been fixed with a new marinade, but what took so long? That dry crap has been there forever just like the Garden Grill.

BTW the mac and cheese is absolutely horrible. :hurl:

DisneyMusician2

Definately not going back now.....thaking away the characters and not lowering the price is shady, and there are better places to eat around the world which i think serve a great meal.

tookydo

On Tuesday I made a ressie for the LTT for our June trip, hoping that the rumor was true that the characters were returning. I guess it's time to change that reservation.

bayoutinkbelle

Meh. To each his own. While I would like to see the characters back, it won't stop me from going there. If MK had more TS options, then that might be another matter. I'll be going with two teenage boys; I'll get my money's worth.

MattyFresh

LTT is the only TS in MK that I have been to....so yeah I wish they would bring the Characters back....but not sure that would keep me from eating there.

sweetpee_1993

Sorry if I stepped on your toes with my comment. No offense to you personally. To be perfectly honest, I'd say about 75% of all the dishes we eat throughout WDW are bland or lacking the right seasonings to us. That's the down side to living in southeast Louisiana for 10+ years, the south for my entire life, and having a grandmother who can make dirt taste like heaven on a dish. :hammer: We understand that food has to be prepared for the masses and most folks aren't accustomed to the rich, vibrant, spicy stuff we prefer. In fact, we've been known to carry shakers of cajun seasoning and little single-use bottles of Tabasco in our backpack on vacation. :lol: That said, it has been our experience (twice) that the LTT food is at the lower end of the taste scale. So if the food isn't so appealing to us what other reason would we have to eat there other than to see the characters in their cool Colonial outfits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom