Liberty Tree characters NOT returning

SoccerMickey

I think its hilarious that people still eat there at the price they charge for dinner. That's Disney for you. The only thing I enjoy at that dinner is the mac and cheese. I find the rest of the meal too salty.

sweetpee_1993

So exactly where in Texas does your grandmother live?

:slurp::slurp:

Gramma lives in Pensacola, Florida. Her parents were immigrants from Hungary and Austria (I think) so we get a lot of her interpretations of German dishes when we visit. I think also because of how frugal in general the era she grew up in was she has the ability to take run-of-the-mill refridgerator fodder and create these wonderful dishes I couldn't begin to think up. She also has a gazillion cookbooks. She loves to cook and bake but her health doesn't allow her to do as much as she used to. All my aunts, cousins, and I have been scrambling to learn as many of the best family recipes as we can but it's tough because she doesn't measure ingredients when she cooks. Her nefflies (basically chicken & dumplings) are to die for. And when she makes kraut with pork it's pure magic in a pot! I could go on and on all day. I wish I had inherited her natural knack for cooking without a recipe or detailed instructions. Golly...now I wanna go visit Gramma's house!!! :slurp:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I think its hilarious that people still eat there at the price they charge for dinner. That's Disney for you. The only thing I enjoy at that dinner is the mac and cheese. I find the rest of the meal too salty.

I think its even more hilarious that during free dining, or if you purchase the dining plan its still a great value. You eat ALL you want. How cant there be value in that? I leave there every trip feeling like I am going to explode. Seeing a plush costume can NEVER make or break a place for me. Youre supposed to want to eat the food because its good, not because you can see Minnie Mouse.

sweetpee_1993

I think its even more hilarious that during free dining, or if you purchase the dining plan its still a great value. You eat ALL you want. How cant there be value in that? I leave there every trip feeling like I am going to explode. Seeing a plush costume can NEVER make or break a place for me. Youre supposed to want to eat the food because its good, not because you can see Minnie Mouse.

I'm thinking if you have kids and don't want to use valuable park time to stand in line to meet characters, even mediocre food that you can eat your fill of while the kiddies get the character time taken care of can be worth it. You're gonna have to eat somewhere no matter what. It's killing 2 birds with 1 stone, really.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I totally feel you there. But for people to say Oh not eating there! Is a little more dramatic than saying Since I have kids I wont be eating there anymore...

SoccerMickey

I wasn't factoring in Dining Plan in the equasion when I made that statement. With the dining plan, the price is a good value. Without it, its not. But, not many table service restaurants are at Walt Disney World.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Soccer, thats the point I was making. If it wasnt for the dining plan ESP the free dining plan I wouldnt be able to eat anywhere in the world...lol

s8film40

I might have to give this restaurant a try while it is character free. I absolutely can't stand Disney characters, not the characters themeselves put people walking around in giant oversized costumes trying to look like the characters and unable to speak just isn't appealing to me. Restaurants are for eating and the characters just get in the way.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I might have to give this restaurant a try while it is character free. I absolutely can't stand Disney characters, not the characters themeselves put people walking around in giant oversized costumes trying to look like the characters and unable to speak just isn't appealing to me. Restaurants are for eating and the characters just get in the way.

I kind of agree.

SoccerMickey

What's your take of the Remy addition to Chefs de France? He is a character but not a giant oversized costume?

s8film40

What's your take of the Remy addition to Chefs de France? He is a character but not a giant oversized costume?

I haven't seen it yet but it sounds pretty good. I'm not too opposed to it since it sounds like the character is an appropriate (for the character) size and it's in a location that fits the theme. It's much like having cinderella at Cinderella castle. I think animatronics are going to eventually be the key for Disney to finally be able to do characters right. I would love to see them do a Mickey character about the same size as the one in the partners statue for the meet and greet in Mickey's house. I think they need to eventually do away with the large walk around costumes except for the character that are actually supposed to be that size.

DisneyPirate85

We always truelly enjoyed the dinner there! BUT we have teenagers and younger, someone who does not probably does not care for the charactors. In regards to the meal, AGAIN we always really enjoyed it, the rolls are delicious and salad is awesome and this past Christmas we noticed the steak was extremely flavorfull and ordered more!

Again it works both ways for our family but that being said it may not be for everyone. Shawn

SoccerMickey

We always truelly enjoyed the dinner there! BUT we have teenagers and younger, someone who does not probably does not care for the charactors. In regards to the meal, AGAIN we always really enjoyed it, the rolls are delicious and salad is awesome and this past Christmas we noticed the steak was extremely flavorfull and ordered more!

Again it works both ways for our family but that being said it may not be for everyone. Shawn

It is a GREAT family-style meal. I agree with that. As for the characters....the restaurant was there for 25 years before they added characters, it can go for another 25 years without them.

tare

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY TAKE THE CHARACTERS AWAY!!!???!!! That is the main reason we always went there--the food is good too but i can make a much better thanksgiving dinner myself!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom