Liberty Tree characters NOT returning

sweetpee_1993

SO how long has LTT been there?

Oh gosh. When I was 12 or maybe 13 living in Altamonte Springs my dad's ship at the time (USS Bainbridge) came into port unexpectedly somewhere south in Florida. He and a buddy scored 24 hours leave. One Saturday morning really early right out of the blue he was knocking on our door (my folks were divorced since I was little bitty). This is the only time I remember him popping in like that outside of our normal annual or semi-annual visits. I freaked. Anyway, he and his buddy grabbed me and my brother and we were off to Disney for the day. This was back in 1986 or 87 so there were only 2 parks to choose from. We went to the Magic Kingdom. We had lunch at LTT that day. It was a sit-down, order from the menu meal. I think we were the only people in the room we were seated in. There were no characters. I can't remember what we ate. I recall that I wasn't that impressed with the offerings and felt very unsure of what I should order.

I know LTT has been there a reeeaaalllly long time, tho! :animwink:

SoccerMickey

Oh gosh. When I was 12 or maybe 13 living in Altamonte Springs my dad's ship at the time (USS Bainbridge) came into port unexpectedly somewhere south in Florida. He and a buddy scored 24 hours leave. One Saturday morning really early right out of the blue he was knocking on our door (my folks were divorced since I was little bitty). This is the only time I remember him popping in like that outside of our normal annual or semi-annual visits. I freaked. Anyway, he and his buddy grabbed me and my brother and we were off to Disney for the day. This was back in 1986 or 87 so there were only 2 parks to choose from. We went to the Magic Kingdom. We had lunch at LTT that day. It was a sit-down, order from the menu meal. I think we were the only people in the room we were seated in. There were no characters. I can't remember what we ate. I recall that I wasn't that impressed with the offerings and felt very unsure of what I should order.

I know LTT has been there a reeeaaalllly long time, tho! :animwink:

The characters came in around 1996-1997...and I remember the fan community was up in arms over the idea of a fixed menu.

tink@heart

Ltt

I like the food, but my kids will definitely not want to return. The dining plan kids meals leave a bit to be desired- the mac/cheese is not what it used to be. Without characters, it'd be a hard sell for us. Casey's mini corndogs would probably win out.

PhilharMagician

I like the food, but my kids will definitely not want to return. The dining plan kids meals leave a bit to be desired- the mac/cheese is not what it used to be. Without characters, it'd be a hard sell for us. Casey's mini corndogs would probably win out.

The mac and cheese is everything it used to be. It is pretty much the same horrrible stuff they have been serving since LTT went to family style dinner.

DizneePhan14

Not lowering the price when they removed the characters was a pretty weak move, but they can fill that place with infrequent visitors who don't know any better or don't care. I don't like it, but I think it's working for them.

People are still going to eat there with or without characters and its not because they are infrequent visitors. Most people are on the Dining Plan now and the price doesn't change for any restaurant. Some people do like the food.

JWG

People are still going to eat there with or without characters and its not because they are infrequent visitors. Most people are on the Dining Plan now and the price doesn't change for any restaurant. Some people do like the food.

And frankly, you have such limited options for restaurants because of the dining plan that people will have to eat there just to get in somewhere. We tried to change our reservations the week we were there and couldn't for any restaurant. Tried to get Le Cellier 3 months out and couldn't.

Dining plan has ruined the casual dining experience.

JKMAGIC

:dazzle::dazzle::goodnevil:(:ROFLOL::brick:For all the above who feel Disney will be losing money from the removal of characters from the Liberty Tree Tavern; think again. All money made on Disney Property is circulated around. If Liberty Tree Tavern doesn't have characters, then they won't have chracters, people will just go to a different character seating. The money will be spent at other places in the park, and as far as I know, I assume they would place the character dining at a different restuaraunt to make up for it. No worry's people, haha disney always finds a way to make money!:D:D:D:D

dakotafrost

I love the food there, so Ill eat there either way. I do prefer the characters be there though.

The food is ok to good, not great, and the previous comment about the meals being Stouffer's food, which I never eat in my daily life, gives one something to consider. However, as a history buff, particularly Colonial America and Civil War eras, I just love the surroundings. That's why its been my favorite WDW restaurant for years. I've eaten there with and without characters, but almost always with the characters if I am there with my kids.

I am going again in a week, and this trip will be my first EVER that I will NOT be eating at the LTT at some point during my stay. The kids are coming with me and without the characters, they find the restaurant a bit boring (oldest is 10). I'll be sampling other venues, including my kids' first trip to Tony's Town Square. My wife was always on the fence about the place. I guess the characters' absence was the tipping point after all.

Dwarful

Our last visit there was probably our last visit there! The food was fair. Nothing fabulous. Without the characters I'd rather eat elsewhere. For us, the kids loved the characters and it was a nice break from the buffet style. However, no characters, no thanks.

DougK

And frankly, you have such limited options for restaurants because of the dining plan that people will have to eat there just to get in somewhere. We tried to change our reservations the week we were there and couldn't for any restaurant. Tried to get Le Cellier 3 months out and couldn't.

Dining plan has ruined the casual dining experience.

Ah, yes. Very much. And it is a shame.

All that has changed is the food is lower quality, the selection is smaller, the prices are higher and you can barely get a reservation at many Disney restaurants. I guess that last point is why they won't ever change it. It's our fault, we're not being very demanding anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom