Let's talk baseball

WDWFREAK53

Youk is being benched! :cry:

I'm not so sure about this...

Yes, Big Papi is Mr. Clutch...but in the postseason...Youk is keeping right up with him! Why not keep his bat and have the defense...rather than put an ailing Papi at first?!?!?!?!?

In Terry We Trust...but this seems questionable to say the least!

NemoRocks78

Seized

Yes, Big Papi is Mr. Clutch...but in the postseason...Youk is keeping right up with him! Why not keep his bat and have the defense...rather than put an ailing Papi at first?!?!?!?!?

:mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad:

SpongeScott

See if this holds true for Games 4 and 5.

WDWFREAK53

See if this holds true for Games 4 and 5.

I still don't understand the thought behind it.

Think of it this way...

If you are winning a game late...say the 8th inning...don't you pull your big bats and replace them with defense?

We're up 2 games...so why not take out the big bat and put in the defense? (It's not even a sacrifice with the bat!!! Youk is on fire!)

Nemo14

Maybe he's looking to lose this one, so he can bring it back to Boston for the big win. By the way - remember the significance of today's date?

SpongeScott

I still don't understand the thought behind it.

Think of it this way...

If you are winning a game late...say the 8th inning...don't you pull your big bats and replace them with defense?

We're up 2 games...so why not take out the big bat and put in the defense? (It's not even a sacrifice with the bat!!! Youk is on fire!)
Being up 2-0, I would play Youk and rest Ortiz. It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be hard on his knees. If Boston loses Game 3 AND Ortiz has a rocky (no pun intended) game at first, Ortiz will be on the bench to start Game 4.

SpongeScott

Maybe he's looking to lose this one, so he can bring it back to Boston for the big win.
No. You NEVER look to lose one; you take the win anywhere and anytime you can get it, especially when the stakes are this high. Francona has to make a decision, he makes the best one he thinks. This is why he's the manager.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Watching the games. In the stands, it looks like the Red Sox nation is taking a rocky mountain road trip with all of the red B's in the stand :D

imagineer boy

Are you just bitter because the Sox swept the Cards in '04 and you can't let it go?

I'll quickly comment (in a respectful manner of course) on why I've wanted the Rockies to beat the Red Sox so badly.

1) N.L. Pride, baby.

2) Nice to see a team win their first W.S. ever.

3) When the Red Sox won in '04, I seem to remember the fans throwing a big riot-like party on the streets and a girl wound up dying. I forgot how, but I think she was hit in the face by a firecracker or something.

4) I don't like all the gimmicks the Sox players do. "Queer Eye" appearances, Papelbons' little riverdance escapade, and of course the whole Manny being Manny bull is really tiring. It seems obvious they're just trying to stir up more media attention. I'd rather root for guys that just do their job without all the bells and whistles.

Surprisingly, I hold no grudge against them for beating us in the '04 series, it was obvious to me that the Cards were wearing down and the Sox were so hot, they would have swept any team they would have played.

So there's my reasoning.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom