Let's talk baseball

WDWFREAK53

They must use a different way to measure "close" in St. Louis :lol:

Yeah, if you can't at least TIE the game with a grand slam...it's not close.

This is only game 1 though...there is still a LOT of baseball left and BecKKKKKKKKKet isn't pitching all of them.

SpongeScott

A 7-2 game with the Tigers only scoring in the 1st and 9th was close? :lookaroun
Only I-boy could obnoxiously pull the Cardinals into this discussion.

I-boy, if you want to discuss last year's Series, bump the thread from last year. :wave:

As for this series....it's only one game.

It's only one game.

It's only one game.

It's only one game.

:lookaroun

WDWFREAK53

Only I-boy could obnoxiously pull the Cardinals into this discussion.

I-boy, if you want to discuss last year's Series, bump the thread from last year. :wave:

As for this series....it's only one game.

It's only one game.

It's only one game.

It's only one game.

:lookaroun

No kidding!!!!!!

It was ONE GAME with, arguably, one of the greatest post-season pitchers of all time.

Look at Game 1 of the ALCS...the Red Sox beat Sabathia big...and then they dropped the next 3. This could happen again.

Game 1 means nothing...the only game that means something is the team's 4th win in the series.

Timmay

Well, I am here to eat some crow and take my lumps after game 1. As my 11 year said on his way to bed last night, foam finger dragging the floor…”man, they got owned”.

Boston looked good. They hammered Francis, who had poor location on his pitches all night. When a guy throws mid 80’s, location is key, and it was terrible last night. Beckett was off a little too, but when you throw mid 90’s, location is not nearly as important. Tulo and Helton hit Beckett pretty hard, the rest of the bats were just cold. They were unable to put the ball in play, and Fenway is a park that rewards hitters for putting the ball in play. The Rockies just didn’t get it done with hitting or pitching. Boston took a page from the Rockies post season playbook and just got crazy run production with two outs. The turning point came in the second inning. Youkilis is at bat, 2 outs, 0-2 count. If Francis puts him away, he can settle down and have a good night. He lets Youkilis off the hook with a terrible pitch and Boston soon gets back a run. Game over right there.

So tonight, the Rockies need to hit Schilling, which they can do. We will see how well the Red Sox hit the 100 mph fastballer, Jimenez. I am sure Boston will produce some runs, the Rockies just have to get the ball in play on Schilling and they can have a big night.

Not a must win game by any means, but it sure makes it a lot easier going back to Denver 1-1 and watching Boston struggle with the NL rules.

SpongeScott

Well, I am here to eat some crow and take my lumps after game 1. As my 11 year said on his way to bed last night, foam finger dragging the floor…”man, they got owned”.

Boston looked good. They hammered Francis, who had poor location on his pitches all night. When a guy throws mid 80’s, location is key, and it was terrible last night. Beckett was off a little too, but when you throw mid 90’s, location is not nearly as important. Tulo and Helton hit Beckett pretty hard, the rest of the bats were just cold. They were unable to put the ball in play, and Fenway is a park that rewards hitters for putting the ball in play. The Rockies just didn’t get it done with hitting or pitching. Boston took a page from the Rockies post season playbook and just got crazy run production with two outs. The turning point came in the second inning. Youkilis is at bat, 2 outs, 0-2 count. If Francis puts him away, he can settle down and have a good night. He lets Youkilis off the hook with a terrible pitch and Boston soon gets back a run. Game over right there.

So tonight, the Rockies need to hit Schilling, which they can do. We will see how well the Red Sox hit the 100 mph fastballer, Jimenez. I am sure Boston will produce some runs, the Rockies just have to get the ball in play on Schilling and they can have a big night.

Not a must win game by any means, but it sure makes it a lot easier going back to Denver 1-1 and watching Boston struggle with the NL rules.
Hang in there--it's only 1-0 and tonight's game begins with the score at 0-0.

Good analysis of the game, especially by your son. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Hang in there--it's only 1-0 and tonight's game begins with the score at 0-0.

Good analysis of the game, especially by your son. :lol:

Timmay, you're not going to see me wiping my hands of the Rockies this early. No way, there are 6 more games left....

I would say that you guys need to win all 3 at home though to be in a good spot...or at least come here with 3 wins...whether you win tonight and 2 at home...or all 3 at home.

WildcatDen

Well, one of the analysts said before the series that Boston may struggle against the left handers in the Rockies line-up. I would say they passed the test last night. IF Boston wins tonight, I really think Boston will win it all in 5 or 6.

Number_6

My two thoughts right now:

1) Do you think that Kevin Kennedy will stick with the script this time on the pre-game show? I mean last night:

Jeannie Zelasko: "Do you think the 8 day layoff for the Rockies will affect then negatively?"

(Before anyone else can answer the question)

Kevin Kennedy: "Jeannie, the crowd here at Fenway can really be electric and really cause problems for the opposing team. Also, if you aren't used to playing here at Fenway, you can't know how the ball is going to carom in order to make a play on it, or know to send runners. And in right field, Pesky's Pole can be the difference between a home run and a fowl ball. And if you get a hit out there, you can easily get extra bases off of a bad bounce."

Jeannie Zelasko: "Ummm... thanks Kevin. But I was asking about the 8 day layoff for the Rockies and if you think that will impact them negatively."

2) Someone really needs to just smack Joe Buck upside the head. Just once. A nice swift, solid smack. That would just make me happy for some of his stupid comments on the night.

Number_6

And the Sox head to Denver with a 2-0 Series lead. I figure they can win 1 game in Denver and then come back to Fenway to try to finish the Rockies off.

WDWFREAK53

*YAWNS WITH EXCITEMENT*

Wow...it got a wee bit chilly last night :lol: (Although, I've made it through plenty of colder Patriots games).

The only problem...I wish I had worn a hat...my ears were frozen!

Talk about an edge of your seat night...win or lose...that was a great World Series game.

I really have to commend the Rox pitcher...he was nasty!!!

BTW...I couldn't really tell...from where I was sitting...but did that first batter even get hit?!?!?!

WILD THING...YOU MAKE MY HEART SING...YOU MAKE EVERYTHING...GROOOOOVY :)

BTW...if they didn't show it on tv...Boyz II Men sang God Bless America :lol:

Watch out JT...the BOYZ ARE BACK IN TOWN :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom