Let's talk baseball

WDWFREAK53

What people just make up or grab out of thin air to look better is always good for a laugh....care to show me where the Rockies didn't sell out every single one of their playoff games?? In the first few hours?? Do some research before saying something silly again...please.

(You may be having trouble telling Arizona and Colorado apart. Please remember, the US coastline does not end at the Mississippi)

Obviously the Nation isn't as strong out in Colorada...because whatever empty seats weren't filled in Arizona would've been filled with a Sox fan.

WDWFREAK53

And this has what to do with your earlier false assertion? :rolleyes:

Timmay...(I keep thinking of the South Park character...and I crack up and say it just like him when I read your posts...and I hope you know who I'm talking about and I hope that's why you wrote your name like that).

The Rockies manhandled the Sox earlier in the year. I will give them that...and it could happen again...I don't think so though. The Red Sox, as of late, have a way about them...that makes them surge through the playoffs...they may get a late start...but somehow they pull it off. In no way am I saying that this will be a cake-walk for the Red Sox (I'm a huge fan, and I never sway to the opposing team...I always have faith and the '04 season proved that you need to). I have a lot of heart for this team and I've been through WAY more disappointments than anything else. You can ask around here and, aside from some fun bickering back and forth with certain members, I respect every team (except the Yankees ;) ) and their fans...and the best team will win...and if the Rockies do pull off the victory, I will be the first to congratulate them and pat them on the back.

Actually, no, I didn't have a false assertion...I said "Their playoff games" and I meant every game, in the postseason, that they played. The Arizona stadium was not filled on all games.

Anywho...I will wish the Rockies good luck...and I hope it's a fun and enjoyable ride...but come Wednesday...the gloves come off and it's go time :lol:

Timmay

Timmay...(I keep thinking of the South Park character...and I crack up and say it just like him when I read your posts...and I hope you know who I'm talking about and I hope that's why you wrote your name like that).

The Rockies manhandled the Sox earlier in the year. I will give them that...and it could happen again...I don't think so though. The Red Sox, as of late, have a way about them...that makes them surge through the playoffs...they may get a late start...but somehow they pull it off. In no way am I saying that this will be a cake-walk for the Red Sox (I'm a huge fan, and I never sway to the opposing team...I always have faith and the '04 season proved that you need to). I have a lot of heart for this team and I've been through WAY more disappointments than anything else. You can ask around here and, aside from some fun bickering back and forth with certain members, I respect every team (except the Yankees ;) ) and their fans...and the best team will win...and if the Rockies do pull off the victory, I will be the first to congratulate them and pat them on the back.

Actually, no, I didn't have a false assertion...I said "Their playoff games" and I meant every game, in the postseason, that they played. The Arizona stadium was not filled on all games.

Anywho...I will wish the Rockies good luck...and I hope it's a fun and enjoyable ride...but come Wednesday...the gloves come off and it's go time :lol:

LOL…yes, Timmay is just what you think it means, as Tim is my name and friends and family alike just love to say “Timmaayyyyyyy”!!

Anyway, you did take a jab at us Rockies fans…all 12 of us, if I remember right. I am sure the Red Sox would have been able to fill in those empty seats in Arizona, but as you pointed out, Red Sox Nation is very big, so there are many fans living in Arizona that would have bought those up, just as Yankee and Cob fans. But those three teams are unique. I think you would agree in that fact. Tell the 50,000 plus that sat in freezing rain last Sunday for the entire game, even though the outcome wasn’t in doubt past the 6th, that they aren’t fans of baseball. Have the Rockies had the attendance they had the first ten years? Nope, but you have to be a part of this community or a fan of the Rockies to know why. People may say they know why, but unless they have lived here, they are full of it.

Like I said earlier, this city is up in arms because of the way the ticket sales were handled today. Thousands of people “stormed the gates” at Coors filed today demanding answers. The police had to shut down traffic within a several block radius of the stadium because of the near riot. Not exactly ho hum fans, I would say.

Now, on to the teams. I am not simply picking the Rockies because they are my team…I am picking them because they are the better team right now. Remember, they have won 21 of their last 22 games, swept (not just won, but swept) 5 of their last 6 series. Their starters have the best ERA in baseball the last month. Their middle relief has shut down everyone the past month as well. Over the past 5 weeks, they are by far the best team in baseball…this year and in the history of the game. Teams like that just don’t start losing 4 games out of 7 to anyone unless something goes tragically wrong. If the Rockies keep playing the way they have, I honestly don’t expect a very exciting, or long, series. But, baseball being as it is (take last years series), the Sox could sweep.

GenerationX

Good luck, Red Sox! I'm a White Sox fan with a lot of friends that are Red Sox fans, so I root for you guys whenever we get eliminated (which, this year, was way back in July). :wave:

WDWFREAK53

LOL…yes, Timmay is just what you think it means, as Tim is my name and friends and family alike just love to say “Timmaayyyyyyy”!!

Anyway, you did take a jab at us Rockies fans…all 12 of us, if I remember right. I am sure the Red Sox would have been able to fill in those empty seats in Arizona, but as you pointed out, Red Sox Nation is very big, so there are many fans living in Arizona that would have bought those up, just as Yankee and Cob fans. But those three teams are unique. I think you would agree in that fact. Tell the 50,000 plus that sat in freezing rain last Sunday for the entire game, even though the outcome wasn’t in doubt past the 6th, that they aren’t fans of baseball. Have the Rockies had the attendance they had the first ten years? Nope, but you have to be a part of this community or a fan of the Rockies to know why. People may say they know why, but unless they have lived here, they are full of it.

Like I said earlier, this city is up in arms because of the way the ticket sales were handled today. Thousands of people “stormed the gates” at Coors filed today demanding answers. The police had to shut down traffic within a several block radius of the stadium because of the near riot. Not exactly ho hum fans, I would say.

Now, on to the teams. I am not simply picking the Rockies because they are my team…I am picking them because they are the better team right now. Remember, they have won 21 of their last 22 games, swept (not just won, but swept) 5 of their last 6 series. Their starters have the best ERA in baseball the last month. Their middle relief has shut down everyone the past month as well. Over the past 5 weeks, they are by far the best team in baseball…this year and in the history of the game. Teams like that just don’t start losing 4 games out of 7 to anyone unless something goes tragically wrong. If the Rockies keep playing the way they have, I honestly don’t expect a very exciting, or long, series. But, baseball being as it is (take last years series), the Sox could sweep.

The "Jab" was playful...yes I did... Kinda like the Sox/Yanks games when we do the chant...we KNOW they don't (eat lollipops) but we say it because it's really all we had :lol: (until recently). Kinda like the 1918 chants...and the like.

I also say that the Colts stink too...and they obviously don't :lol:

Yes, I do agree that those 3 teams are definitely unique.

The better team doesn't always win the World Series...I will agree with that...the "HOTTER" team wins. Right now I'd have to say that the Rockies are the hotter team right now. I have to put it into perspective though...the Red Sox have won 3 in a row...the Rockies have one 134136456234565 out of their last 134136456234566 so, chances are, they are bound to go on a slide.

All arguing and bickering aside...the answer will be known either on 10/28, 10/29, 10/31, or 11/1

...and just because I love saying it...

Lim Law...Lim Lahhh TIMMMMAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WDWFREAK53

I'm getting really P.O.'d about the schedule of the World Series and the entire playoffs in general.

Why are these games on so late? I never remembered the WS, as a kid, being at a time where I couldn't stay up to watch it.

8:36 is the first pitch on Sunday (I believe)... With the current game times...that game won't get over until after midnight (maybe WELL after midnight). (Eastern Time).

I could see it being that way if it was a west coast team...but this is an east coast team and a mountain team.

Make it at 7:30...that way it's 5:30 in Colorado...and it's, for the most part, after the rush hour commute. Why isn't there an afternoon game?!?!?! Give us an afternoon game on the weekends!!! There are plenty of kids that follow their team all year and then can't watch it when it really matters.

It's bittersweet around here...we are ecstatic that the Red Sox are in the World Series but are dreading at least 4 more nights without sleep.

Iakona

I'm getting really P.O.'d about the schedule of the World Series and the entire playoffs in general.

Why are these games on so late? I never remembered the WS, as a kid, being at a time where I couldn't stay up to watch it.

8:36 is the first pitch on Sunday (I believe)... With the current game times...that game won't get over until after midnight (maybe WELL after midnight). (Eastern Time).

I could see it being that way if it was a west coast team...but this is an east coast team and a mountain team.

Make it at 7:30...that way it's 5:30 in Colorado...and it's, for the most part, after the rush hour commute. Why isn't there an afternoon game?!?!?! Give us an afternoon game on the weekends!!! There are plenty of kids that follow their team all year and then can't watch it when it really matters.

It's bittersweet around here...we are ecstatic that the Red Sox are in the World Series but are dreading at least 4 more nights without sleep.

I agree. My son basucally doesn't care who wins because he can't watch it. Nothing like destroying your future fan base.

SpongeScott

Gotta agree too. And the scheduling this year has been horrible. Way too much time off during a series of games and too much time in between.

All for the almighty dollar. "Screw the fans of the future" should be MLB's subtitle.

WDWFREAK53

Gotta agree too. And the scheduling this year has been horrible. Way too much time off during a series of games and too much time in between.

All for the almighty dollar. "Screw the fans of the future" should be MLB's subtitle.

Exactly...there isn't an afternoon game because on Saturday you'd be cannobilizing from your College Football viewers and on Sunday from the NFL. Oh no! Not that! :rolleyes:

Number_6

I have the feeling that with the way these teams have been playing, we're in for at least a 6 game series, of not the full 7 games. Which at least means if the Sox win, they can do it at Fenway this time in front of the home crowd. :D

JML42691

I have the feeling that with the way these teams have been playing, we're in for at least a 6 game series, of not the full 7 games. Which at least means if the Sox win, they can do it at Fenway this time in front of the home crowd. :D
Now that would be fun, but I'd still prefer the sweep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom