Let the job hunt begin...

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gotta love getting an email like this:

After reviewing your resume, I would like to speak with you further. What is a good time to call you and the best number to reach you?

Of course, now the wife is starting to get cold feet, lol...

KevinPage

MichRX7 said:
Of course, now the wife is starting to get cold feet, lol...

Since when does the wife have any say in the matter? Next thing you know, you'll be telling me she has her own credit cards and checkbook :lol: :lol:

:lookaroun :lookaroun

:lol: :lol:

speck76

KevinPage said:
Since when does the wife have any say in the matter? Next thing you know, you'll be telling me she has her own credit cards and checkbook :lol: :lol:

:lookaroun :lookaroun

:lol: :lol:

What is she doing out of the kitchen?

:D

KevinPage

speck76 said:
What is she doing out of the kitchen?

:D

I will tolerate him buying her a pair of shoes since it gets cold up in Michigan, but he better have not bought her boots. No reason she should be leaving the house :lol: :lol:

(okay, I've officially gone off the deep end)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, now that you have all made it so I can never let my wife read this thread (and Kevin, you probably shouldn't let your wife read it either, lol)...

I just got a call yesterday from an interested company in Sanford. Anyone have any ideas on housing? It's a bit further than I wanted to be from Disney, but maybe I could split the difference...

I'm interested in the job because they combine two of my favorite things...sports and technology. :)

speck76

On the north side of Sanford is Deltona, which has decent housing at low prices....On the south side is Lake Mary and Heathrow, which is also nice, but much more expensive.

KevinPage

Sanford has good and bad areas. Lake Mary is a nice area and a few people I work with live there.

My office is near University of Central Florida, so the commute to Lake Mary isn't bad at all

bgraham34

Good luck to ya on your search. I was offered a job in IT a few years back but I just cant take the heat down there. SO I said no.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Updating the update...

I flippantly made a casual "when are you going to hire me" remark to a long-term client who is suddenly having a huge growth spurt.

He gives me the super-secret phone call saying he's wanted to broach this subject for some time now. I tell him he's too late because I'm already planning a move to FL. He tells me we should still talk as he sees no reason I couldn't perform my job 100% from anywhere in the country (and of course I agreed).

We have briefly emailed salary requirements back and forth and now are supposed to "talk" some night this evening.

I'd love to have a home office and let my wife go back to work like she keeps bugging me about...

Then I can start working early and when the kids get home go to Blizzard Beach and call the wife at work to tell her to meet us in Mexico for dinner :lol:

EpcoTim

I think you see so many in MI because they seem to give them away out here. I went up against one at Milan earlier this year, and brand new, the kid ran a 14.6. Not bad considering he blew a shift, had never tracked the car before, and the motor had less than 2000 miles in it.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
rwcrazy said:
He does he have two job's open there.. I would be willing to help you move to Fl ???
LOL
Rwcrazy

I don't think it's that large of a growth spurt. :)

Plus, if he had two job's open the wife would just make me work twice as much... :lol:

Had a great meeting with a local real-estate agent on Friday. He was very positive about the amount we are asking for when it comes to selling our house compared to other homes that sold in the area recently. (Maybe I should ask for more? :lol: )

Wife is now spending more time actually looking at housing in Florida. I think she is "warming" up to the idea more every day. I have already gotten past listening to all my brother-in-law's tell me how stupid it is to move to Florida. I think having them tell us how dumb it was actually helped me out. :sohappy:

Or course, she is making me give up two of my RX-7's to move down there. But I told her I wanted to sell the 79 and buy an 85 with the bigger motor, and I only drive the convertible 91 in the winter (because it's an automatic) so this is no big loss.

Had she asked me to give up my 94 she might have been very lonely... j/k

spr0m

Don't be in a rush to buy anything. That's the advice I got from all those in my company that transfered last year. Rent a house or apt for 6-12 months and take your time looking for the right home and neighborhood. I'm going to rent an 1800 sq ft apt in Oveido for a few months while we look for a place without being rushed. Also it's a nice new complex and only 2 miles from the office :)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice on the rushing. The only reason we would rush is for the 15 year old's mental health. :)

We'd like to try and get him into a school asap, meet some new friends, etc... He wavers back and forth because like any teenager he isn't looking forward to making all new friends and giving up the one's he has up here.

I am currently bribing him with a new X-Box, driver's school, and a 2nd gen RX-7 that he and I can rebuild... :lol:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, no, no...I've got enough kids without taking on some adult one's...

Though you would be welcome to come over and play the x-box or go for a ride in the RX-7... ;)

Job interview tonight, and another one tomorrow night.

The one tomorrow night I am only mildly interested in since it is in Sanford and I'm not sure I want to live that far out. Looked up some apartment complexes today in Clermont. Thinking maybe we'll start there and possibly buy land and build on it. Who know's...

My wife flip-flops back and forth. One moment she is excited about moving, minutes later she's not so excited to say the least, lol...

I'm going to have her call Kevin's wife to let her know living in FL ain't so bad. :lol:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
UPDATE!

Job interview went very well last night. I am very excited about this job since it allows me to work full-time out of the house (or basically anywhere with an internet connection). Hmm...I wonder when disney will wi-fi the parks so I can just sit in front of the castle and work. :lol:

Another interview tonight, though I'd be happy if last night's interviewee would just call me up and offer me the job. (I've got an inside track, I've been building their website for three years now. They've decided to hire someone full-time to do it they just have to get past the "I live in Florida" part.)

speck76

MichRX7 said:
UPDATE!

Job interview went very well last night. I am very excited about this job since it allows me to work full-time out of the house (or basically anywhere with an internet connection). Hmm...I wonder when disney will wi-fi the parks so I can just sit in front of the castle and work. :lol:

Another interview tonight, though I'd be happy if last night's interviewee would just call me up and offer me the job. (I've got an inside track, I've been building their website for three years now. They've decided to hire someone full-time to do it they just have to get past the "I live in Florida" part.)

Most major convention hotels in Orlando are Wi-Fi, but require payment to connect to their service...

Downtown Orlando offers free Wi-Fi in the Lake Eola area, which is very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom