Let the job hunt begin...

AliciaLuvzDizne

WDWScottieBoy said:
Naples is a beautiful and expensive city to live in, but it is about 3-4 hours from WDW. I'd suggest you stay with your gut instinct and live in Celebration. Don't be upset if you see one of the apartments on there gone next summer though. :animwink: I don't know if I want an apartment or get one of the executive houses, that way I can have my parents move in and live in the guest house. I absolutely love that town and would do anything to move there right now!
need a roommate? LOL i dont wanna be 3 hours away from disney

i cant afford to buy a house yet but i would like a house with a pool. my parents want to move to the shore...they can stay with me to go to disney and i can stay with them to go to the beach...doesnt sound too bad :D

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, considering I am bring a 15 year old male teen, and 4 and 5 year old boys with me I am really looking at the schools as well as where I live.

So, if I have to drive a few miles to get gas I'm ok with it. Now I know I'm going to get a 1,000,000 ( :drevil: ) messages about Oiedo, Lake Mary, etc...but really I'm not sure I want to live on the east-side of ORL. I guess just because I am more used to showing up in Disney from the west-side. :lol:

Has anyone there viewed or stayed at these apartment complexes?

The Alexan at Legacy Dunes
3200 Legacy Court
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Apartments.com weblink

Runaway Bay
3000 Bonfire Beach Dr.
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Apartments.com Weblink

They both use Celebration High School and Reedy Creek Elementary. And from the data I can gather they seem to be high quality with low teacher/student ratios.

Villainess

Possibly may be moving to Orlando a bit earlier that I was planning! :sohappy: BF is thinking about going within the next couple of months (by Oct.); he is sending out resumes! Nothing set in stone yet, so if it doesn't happen now, we'll be back to moving next summer.

tigntink

The Alexan

We lived at the Alexan at World Gateway (looks just like the Alexan you're looking at) and loved it!! It was brand new at the time...that's always nice.....to know you're the first ones to live in it. And we a rented a 2-2....The Rutledge....third floor with cathedral ceilings. We had an awesome view....but moving in and out of the apt was not fun!! Those 3 flights were a killer!

If we do get back down there we hope to live there again while we save for a house.

Good luck apt searching!!

speck76

MichRX7 said:
Well, considering I am bring a 15 year old male teen, and 4 and 5 year old boys with me I am really looking at the schools as well as where I live.

So, if I have to drive a few miles to get gas I'm ok with it. Now I know I'm going to get a 1,000,000 ( :drevil: ) messages about Oiedo, Lake Mary, etc...but really I'm not sure I want to live on the east-side of ORL. I guess just because I am more used to showing up in Disney from the west-side. :lol:

Has anyone there viewed or stayed at these apartment complexes?

The Alexan at Legacy Dunes
3200 Legacy Court
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Apartments.com weblink

Runaway Bay
3000 Bonfire Beach Dr.
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Apartments.com Weblink

They both use Celebration High School and Reedy Creek Elementary. And from the data I can gather they seem to be high quality with low teacher/student ratios.

The problem with living on 192 is that you only have 1 good way to get to Orlando, and if there is an accident, or construction, traffic can really back up.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
tigntink said:
We lived at the Alexan at World Gateway (looks just like the Alexan you're looking at) and loved it!! It was brand new at the time...that's always nice.....to know you're the first ones to live in it. And we a rented a 2-2....The Rutledge....third floor with cathedral ceilings. We had an awesome view....but moving in and out of the apt was not fun!! Those 3 flights were a killer!

If we do get back down there we hope to live there again while we save for a house.

Good luck apt searching!!

Hopefully we can get a ground floor apt...I don't want to have to lug the 61" TV up three flights of stairs. How were the walls? I don't want my neighbors thinking I'm getting robbed while watching a movie on the digital surround.

We looked at the World Gateway one, but figured the Legacy Dunes would be a little less crowded with people. I also inquired on some place called Cinderella's Castle, but we'd have to deal with all these little kids having breakfast each morning! :lol:

The 15 year old starting coming around last night. He grudgingly let loose the fact he noticed he could get a cool discount at Pac-Sun if he worked there part-time. And then he checked out the pool at the apartment complex. I'm quite sure the far away look he got was not thinking about doing laps. I'll have to remind him that not everyone in Orlando is female, 21, blonde, and *ahem* blessed.

Since I get to work from home my wife has already started in on her resume. All my efforts to convince her to work for the Mouse are falling on deaf ears.

Celebration High sounds cool, now I want to go back to school! :)

Tell your hubby I also searched for development companies on Google and sent out resumes to them as well (even if they said they weren't hiring). What's an email resume cost? Just time... (well, unless you are long distance dial-up) Tell him I'll buy him a beer during the Food & Wine celebration if he can get a job that quick. :sohappy:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
A few years back my wife once asked me why I watched DVD's in wide-screen 16X9 mode and that she could hardly see the movie on our 27" tv.

So...I fixed the problem. :) LotR, PotC and other movies are awesome. My mother-in-law once walked in and asked, "What is that a da*n billboard?"

tigntink

MichRX7

MichRX7 said:
Hopefully we can get a ground floor apt...I don't want to have to lug the 61" TV up three flights of stairs. How were the walls? I don't want my neighbors thinking I'm getting robbed while watching a movie on the digital surround.

We looked at the World Gateway one, but figured the Legacy Dunes would be a little less crowded with people. I also inquired on some place called Cinderella's Castle, but we'd have to deal with all these little kids having breakfast each morning! :lol:

The 15 year old starting coming around last night. He grudgingly let loose the fact he noticed he could get a cool discount at Pac-Sun if he worked there part-time. And then he checked out the pool at the apartment complex. I'm quite sure the far away look he got was not thinking about doing laps. I'll have to remind him that not everyone in Orlando is female, 21, blonde, and *ahem* blessed.

Since I get to work from home my wife has already started in on her resume. All my efforts to convince her to work for the Mouse are falling on deaf ears.

Celebration High sounds cool, now I want to go back to school! :)

Tell your hubby I also searched for development companies on Google and sent out resumes to them as well (even if they said they weren't hiring). What's an email resume cost? Just time... (well, unless you are long distance dial-up) Tell him I'll buy him a beer during the Food & Wine celebration if he can get a job that quick. :sohappy:

We actually had no noise problems.......but we had exec neighbors who weren't always around. Ask me again why we left?!!!! :hammer:

Speck76 is right.....the Rutledge has a great spot for your billboard :lol: I'm looking at their virtual tour of a model (which happens to be the Rutledge).....I can see myself sitting on our old patio now....sigh :cry:

And the pool scene wasn't much....sorry son........everybody was working :p But they sure are beautiful and my family felt like they were at a resort when they stayed to visit. I'm sure he'll enjoy the workout facilities too!

If your wife has ever wanted to work for Disney....she should go for it! I absolutely loved it. Of course it has it's down sides (but every place has their own) but you can't beat their health insurance. If we had stayed there for the length of my pregnancy....we could have had our daughter for $5............. :brick: I can't believe we actually left!!! (sorry for the continuing melt downs of our biggest moving regret)

I'll be sure to pass the info on to my husband............I appreciate all your advice!! We are hoping and praying to turn our vacation dates in October into our move date :sohappy:

TURKEY

Living at Legacy Dunes right now. It's not bad at all.

It's gated, back off 192, so it's not right on the road with noise.

Apts. aren't bad as far as noise. My neighbor across the hall loves to listen to music really loud and you can barely hear the bass in my apt.

Mgmt. is really good. My AC coolant was out a few weeks ago and within 2 hrs. they had replaced it and made it cool again.

tigntink

MichRX7

MichRX7 said:
showoff... :lol:

The only problem with the Rutledge is that my 15 year old might now want to share a bedroom with his 5 and 4 year old brothers.

Am I missing something with Speck76? Inside joke?.....should I not have said he was right? ;)

Good point about the room sharing thing...........I think you're right....it might get a bit too crowded at the Rutledge.........your loss, my gain...that's one less person in front of me for that apt :lol:

Let us know what you decide! :)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is looking more and more like the 3-bedroom at Legacy Dunes. There is no inside joke with Speck beyond the obvious: He is also from Michigan, I enjoy his sense of humor, etc...

I don't mind neighbors who like music as long as it's not at 4 am. :) Eh, who am I kidding I might be working at 4 am, maybe it'd be a nice break. :)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
spr0m said:
I'm staying here http://www.apartments.com/search/oasis.dll?page=summary&lookup=101872.728&mode=8
I got the fontaine 1800 sq ft (bigger than most houses). plenty of room for the big tv I know what you mean about moving them I got a 65". it's a to move but it's fun to watch :) . Time to the magic kingdom 35 mins on 417.

The complex has a theater room with movie style seats & lcd projector you can reserve for watching films with up to 20 friends :cool:

Yeah, thanks...now my wife is going "Hmm...Oviedo..."

I see your's is bigger than mine...I'll have to go get a 72" :lol:

spr0m

It's was a freebie my Dad's a bigwig at panasonic :cool: I get all kind of goodies. He just gave me a 42" plasma for our bedroom as a moving/promotion gift. I couldn't wait to move to use it so I set it up already with the xbox in the master bedroom :)

spr0m

Just an FYI on the movers we got quotes from the big names and they were all in the same ballpark. $5500 to move an est. 12000 lbs from NJ to Orlando and since it's for work in the same industry remember it's all deductible :cool: even the miles or transportation on your cars can be included :).

PS were are doing a self pack if they pack it was an extra $2k avg

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
We will probably do all the heavy lifting ourselves. I look at this as a time to examine the junk we've built-up over the years and get rid of it. Super-Fall cleaning sale, lol Plus as many times as I've helped her relatives move stuff around here they can help me load up a big huge truck full of junk.

We are selling our Airstream and Conversion van together (guy flying in from Rhode Island to drive it all home) so we will only take one car down there with us. I expect we'll car shop immediately after our arrival since my 94 RX7 ain't gonna fit the whole family into two seats. :lol: Since I'm working from home and my wife doesn't have a job down there (yet) this gives us a small window of time to find the right vehicle.

We need friends down in Orlando, so any of you with kids around our age, we promise to be nice and polite! :lookaroun

Here are our ages Wife: X1 (age not given), Me: 37, Stepson: 15, Son #1: 5, Son #2: 4.

Yes, my wife's a cradle robber (shhhh). Second, we would consider an arranged marriage for my stepson who is a straight-a student given your daughter is part of an extremely wealthy family with "old money". Ok...I've had too much coffee this morning, this two week notice thing is a real drag...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom