Leave a legacy tiles being moved?

HMF

I say we at least paint SEE's legs and bring that fountain back in the mean time.
I strongly doubt the fountain will be brought back in exactly that form I would prefer a nice new design for it. As for painting the legs. They should have done that around the time the wand came down.

BwanaBob

Can someone shed some light on the 'Walk Around the World' stones at MK and the T&TC?
Similar situation, but those are being replaced as well.

Stitchmon

Had a brilliant idea. But listen to the entire thing until you jump to conclusions.

Tombstones = eyesore
Mission Space swirly vortex courtyard = not an eyesore, and is representative of the future.

so.....
1) Remove tiles from tombstones
2) Remove tombstones
3) Build Vortex type wall thing with maybe a fountain in the middle.
4) Use tiles like a mosaic, to make designs on said vortex wall
5) In the fountain in the center, add sharks with lasers.
6) Add pyrotechnics along the top of the walls.
7) Add hidden speakers that play a soundtrack of "Tomorrow's Child" "Epcot's Entrance Medley" and maybe the Tapestry of Nations track, and the fountain songs.

or put them on the descent of SSE, the hundreds of ghostly faces staring at people will definitely make guests pay attention to the little screens. The people on those tiles won't be able to complain because then they'd be a part of a signature attraction.

I-4Warrior

Hey, guess what, Adam? The stones are ugly, obtrusive, and unpleasant. They block the sweeping vista of the plaza once enjoyed by all, and their construction meant the loss of a lot of trees and nice greenspace. It reads visually like a bunch of stone walls...not exactly what you'd want in a plaza that's supposed to be inviting.

I personally find that the majority of pro-tilers are people who are relatively new fans, never visited the park prior to 1996 (or whenever LaL was installed), and therefore have ZERO basis for their opinion. I'm guessing you fall into this category.

"They look nice" is your opinion, and a LOT of us have the opposite opinion. Deal with it. Go out and run around or something, get that energy out of your system.

Does someone need a nap?

mickey2008.1

My parents got a tile back in 2003, and since then my father has passed away. I look forward to seeing their tile every time we go down. But i do agree they could remove the big stones and place the tiles elsewhere. There are plenty of places to put the tiles around epcot, its just a matter of money for TDO. If they remove the stones, just open the space like it used to be with trees and planters, dont do another LAL. I think they should put the tiles around WS like the stones around seven seas lagoon and magic kingdom, at the expense of the person who owns the tile, i would pay for it to be moved, as long as it remained in the EPCOT park. Make sense, no?

Gucci65

Well, I'm sure they are temporary in a fashion, as I'm sure eventually Disney won't want images of a bunch of dead people gracing the entrance of their optimism slanted park in a few decades. My guess is they'll be gone sooner than later, as has been hinted at.

Ummmmmm Mr.Epcot - not all the people on the tiles are Dead or will be dead in a few decades. That is kinda of gross and depressing to even say :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Had a brilliant idea. But listen to the entire thing until you jump to conclusions.

Tombstones = eyesore
Mission Space swirly vortex courtyard = not an eyesore

or put them on the descent of SSE, the hundreds of ghostly faces staring at people will definitely make guests pay attention to the little screens. The people on those tiles won't be able to complain because then they'd be a part of a signature attraction.

That's fine as long as you don't complain when I hop out of my ride vehicle to get a close up look of my mom's tile who passed away, and bring the ride to a screeching halt.....

Stitchmon

That's fine as long as you don't complain when I hop out of my ride vehicle to get a close up look of my mom's tile who passed away, and bring the ride to a screeching halt.....

Way to shut down my idea..... :cry:
We can put them the triangles so you have to look up and are less likely to leave your vehicle. :D

I still like the idea of having the fountain vortex of doom, er, tomorrow :animwink: with pyro and lasers. And as for the hidden Mickey - give him a tile! :ROFLOL:

Fizbain32

I would be in the group that does not have much to compare it to. My first visit was 1992 and my second was 2001. So I did not have much time with the original entrance.

I do find many of the pictures I see appealing and we do have photos on the walls. So do must of may family and friends. We always go look each other up when we go. So we have a bit of mixed feelings about the current configuration. We find it ok, but can see where it could look better. But we do like checking out our tiles. I do not think we would care if they move them as long as they are reasonably access able.

Mr.EPCOT

A thought has just occurred to me that Disney could be using this situation to gauge the amount of complaints they get from Guests whose tiles have been moved to collect data pertaining to the viability of moving/removing Leave a Legacy.

Ummmmmm Mr.Epcot - not all the people on the tiles are Dead or will be dead in a few decades. That is kinda of gross and depressing to even say :(

Really? You think that most people on those tiles will still be alive 60, 70, 80 years from now? Let's say that the age of the average person on the tiles is 30 or so, assuming the majority of them got their tile about ten years ago, even 40 or 50 years is pushing it. Death isn't the most pleasant of topics, but it is the reality of the situation.

I don't know how likely this is to happen, but if it becomes common for Guests to leave flowers or such tributes in Leave a Legacy for loved ones that have passed away, I'd imagine that Disney would move or make the whole thing go away real quick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom