Leave a legacy tiles being moved?

drossjr

Miss the way the entrance used to look at Epcot before they installed the tombstones.

Any reason why they were selected for this park?

I like the bricks at MK much better and more pleasing to the eye

imagineer boy

I've always hated having to weave around those things to get to the entrance. Its practically a maze!

I agree with what someone else said. Keep the plaques, but get rid of the ugly tomb stones and have the plaques be around the perimeter of the entrance area.

wolf359

I don't think they're an eyesore, but they are hard to navigate and create awkward traffic flow. When they add character meet 'n greets to the area on top of that, it really makes getting in to EPCOT a bit of a chore.

With respect to those that bought tiles, I must admit I wish a different location and method of display had been chosen, because what is there now isn't exactly ideal and isn't as attractive or functional as the original entrance.

I also feel like this is one of those "what's done is done" issues, because I have a hard time believing Disney would choose granite and brass if they believed the Leave a Legacy stones were temporary...

Brian_B

The stones are not an eyesore. All this complaining is though. Why do people always have to try to bring others down? They look nice, they are a nice memory for a lot of people so stop crabbing please.

Hey, guess what, Adam? The stones are ugly, obtrusive, and unpleasant. They block the sweeping vista of the plaza once enjoyed by all, and their construction meant the loss of a lot of trees and nice greenspace. It reads visually like a bunch of stone walls...not exactly what you'd want in a plaza that's supposed to be inviting.

I personally find that the majority of pro-tilers are people who are relatively new fans, never visited the park prior to 1996 (or whenever LaL was installed), and therefore have ZERO basis for their opinion. I'm guessing you fall into this category.

"They look nice" is your opinion, and a LOT of us have the opposite opinion. Deal with it. Go out and run around or something, get that energy out of your system.

juscet

I always thought the one's at Epcot were kind of ugly. Can you really tell who it is on those pictures? The stone walkway blocks at MK are so much nicer. I know you were able to fit more faces on the tombstones, but the stones were the way to go.:)

EpcotServo

In general, I have a hard time believing that the dislike for the stones is greater than the positive feelings that people have when they revisit their own or a family member's tile.

For some of those without a tile, it is an "eyesore" and a nusiance. For those with a tile, it is a lasting memory of a moment in time.

Personally, I would rather have the tarps come down between the Innoventions.

Ladies and Gentlemen... the only worthwhile post in the whole thread!

wdwfan22

Hey, guess what, Adam? The stones are ugly, obtrusive, and unpleasant. They block the sweeping vista of the plaza once enjoyed by all, and their construction meant the loss of a lot of trees and nice greenspace. It reads visually like a bunch of stone walls...not exactly what you'd want in a plaza that's supposed to be inviting.

I personally find that the majority of pro-tilers are people who are relatively new fans, never visited the park prior to 1996 (or whenever LaL was installed), and therefore have ZERO basis for their opinion. I'm guessing you fall into this category.

"They look nice" is your opinion, and a LOT of us have the opposite opinion. Deal with it. Go out and run around or something, get that energy out of your system.

I've been to the park at least once a year since it opened, and in my opinion the leave a legacy stones are not as bad as some of you are making out. The only complaint i have with it is the traffic flow. With all the other problems at Epcot this is the least of it's problems.

Gucci65

I hope they don't get rid of them altogether. My Dad and Daughter have their picture together on one of those tiles to remember their many trips together!

I don't find them offensive at all.

adambrady

Funny. You should take your own advice. Deal with it. The stones aren't moving any time soon.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It would be great if (a completely empty, of course) tron-0-fail fell off the beam... onto the tombstones. Two eye sores would then be taken care of... in one fell swoop.

IMO.

:king:

:lookaroun

Timmay

I've always hated having to weave around those things to get to the entrance. Its practically a maze!

I don't think they're an eyesore, but they are hard to navigate and create awkward traffic flow.

Sorry, folks...these two areguments just don't hold up. There is no WAY anybody could possibly have trouble getting through...please refer to the picture below and the HUGE walkway!!!!

I have been going to Epcot since it opened...and I really like the way it looks. Sorry you don't, but don't use hyperbole to make your point. It's just an opinion!!!

DSCN0335.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

I also feel like this is one of those "what's done is done" issues, because I have a hard time believing Disney would choose granite and brass if they believed the Leave a Legacy stones were temporary...

Well, I'm sure they are temporary in a fashion, as I'm sure eventually Disney won't want images of a bunch of dead people gracing the entrance of their optimism slanted park in a few decades. My guess is they'll be gone sooner than later, as has been hinted at.

majorrfb

Move the Legacy Stones

I agree with what someone else said. Keep the plaques, but get rid of the ugly tomb stones and have the plaques be around the perimeter of the entrance area.

For the very reasons already stated-move the Legacy Stones to the perimeter. I, too, miss the old view and entrance to EPCOT. I can appreciate the reasons of those who have images placed upon the stones but the location of the stones is indeed a maze. No thank you! :wave:

RiversideBunny

For the very reasons already stated-move the Legacy Stones to the perimeter. I, too, miss the old view and entrance to EPCOT. I can appreciate the reasons of those who have images placed upon the stones but the location of the stones is indeed a maze....

I agree and I have been to Pittsfield, MA.

:)

raven

That is correct. One of the displays was damaged during maintenance, and the tiles that were on there have been relocated beside GUest Relations pending repair. It has been there for a few months now.

One of our drivers hit it with some equiment back in the fall.

LAL wasn't designed to have guests buy a tile then hide them from view was it? No. People bought them knowing that their image would be displayed at the front of Epcot. That was the whole reason why I got one.

Moving them would make some people happy...but then they would turn around and complain about the huge amounts of money being spent to place them elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Let them be for now. They aren't hurting anyone.

raven

Unless someone is standing between them and one of your drivers' equipment.

Wish that would be me. I got my SS statement and it says that if I were to go on disability right now I'd be making more than what I'm currently bringing in. :brick:

NotAZoo

I have a tile and I haven't visited it in 2 years as the picture adds 10 pounds which is not so flattering.....however I would suggest they take down the tiles and just scatter them around the park into predesignated locations that rotate on a yearly basis.....so that one year your picture could be somewhere in England, or the following hanging out outside Mission Space...and then it becomes a fun little thing each year you visit to see where you now reside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom