Leap Day Entertainment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Drew do you have any updated info on what attractions will be run in the AM and if it'll be just like extra magic hours?

The plan is to have pretty much everything running for the 24 hours, but with some attractions going onto a rolling close for essential maintenance. Details are still being finalized.

bhg469

Dilemma. I will be in town on the 29th for work. Will it be worth it to get there if I can't make it until 6? Visiting the other Parks is sort of shot at that point. I can spend the whole next day there instead but its not a "special" day. Opinions?

Pioneer Hall

The plan is to have pretty much everything running for the 24 hours, but with some attractions going onto a rolling close for essential maintenance. Details are still being finalized.

I would imagine this would be the case. There would simply be some things that need to get checked out.

asianway

Here is some updated info. Entertainment is subject to change without notice.

-Castle Hub Dance Party. A live DJ will be here along with a few of the MISICI floats. I believe this will be during the early morning hours.

-Parade floats will be parked around the park for photo opportunties.

-Hoedown will have several perfomances during the early morning hours.

-The only "special" characters will be Duffy and Phineas & Ferb.

Amazing how quickly you see this copied and pasted to other sites with minor revisions....

etwtec

Amazing how quickly you see this copied and pasted to other sites with minor revisions....

So is most of this going to be going on starting midnight on the 1st till 6am rather than starting at 6am on the 29th? To me it seems the "special time" will be Midnight till 6am.

etwtec

Also,

Can we expect special lighting around the park? Mostly with the castle dance party? And is it possible we MIGHT see some type of "Grad Night" firework show?

Sounds like we may get to see Spectro after all during this event! even though it may be just some of the floats on display :). And hopefully lite up at night ;-)

drew81

Original Poster
I would also look for the 7 Dwarfs and Captain Jack Sparrow. Woody, Jessie and Bullseye will be at the Diamond Horseshoe.

WDWFigment

Thanks for the heads up, Drew. Hopefully Disneyland follows suit with some similar offerings!

I'd suspect we'll see something official on the Parks Blog early next week.

drew81

Original Poster
Thanks for the heads up, Drew. Hopefully Disneyland follows suit with some similar offerings!

I'd suspect we'll see something official on the Parks Blog early next week.

You're welcome. I hope Disneyland will have some different characters.

Jim Handy

I love how everyone gets angry when they put money into character meet and greets, but when they don't have character greets people get angry...There's just no pleasing some people...

When the majority of new additions to a park are meet and greets, (Looking at you DHS, Epcot, MK....) it's a problem. That's not what is expected of Disney.

When there's no special entertainment like meet and greets for a special event, it's a problem because one assumes that with a special event, you get....special stuff!

Pioneer Hall

Efficiency > Show

So, what do you want them to do? You rarely seem happy with any decision they make, but have never offered any sort of idea as to what would make it better. I don't exactly understand why the park being open 24 hours isn't something special in itself. When was the last time you spent 24 hours in the park?

asianway

So, what do you want them to do? You rarely seem happy with any decision they make, but have never offered any sort of idea as to what would make it better. I don't exactly understand why the park being open 24 hours isn't something special in itself. When was the last time you spent 24 hours in the park?

Not my job to come up with that, nor can Disney accept them so it's a moot point.

I can say that only a person with serious mental issues would care about the added bonus of being in the park from 4am to 6am which is really the only thing here you can't do on a summer EMH. Oh, that and a middling group of MNSSHP lite assortment if characters.

Pioneer Hall

Not my job to come up with that, nor can Disney accept them so it's a moot point.

I can say that only a person with serious mental issues would care about the added bonus of being in the park from 4am to 6am which is really the only thing here you can't do on a summer EMH. Oh, that and a middling group of MNSSHP lite assortment if characters.

So, you don't like what is being offered, but since it isn't your job you have no other ideas. And why would someone have to have mental issues to want to be in the park from 4-6am. You don't want to, so apparently anyone who does would have to have serious mental issues. This all makes complete sense to me.

There are times where I feel that criticism is warranted (upkeep issues, cleanliness, etc). However, I think that some fans just have impossibly high expectations and no matter what happens they will never be happy.

kennygman

I have been pushing for post-midnight entertainment and some character variety and late night meets, but please allow me to correct your statement. The longest day in the summer is sometimes 8a-3a and around Christmas 7a-3a.
Provided to on-site guests.

The longest day one could experience without staying onsite would be 8a-midnight or 16 hours versus 24.

jjnshane

So, now Tinkerbell's Nook is NOT opening at 6am as Drew had said earlier? I also noticed that this new schedule has Princesses starting later and Mickey ending earlier.

Mickey in the Theatre will be closing earlier -- but he will then be out by the flagpole from 10 PM until 6 AM.

I think my daughter and I will show up at the park after school on Wednesday and see how long we can last. Playing tag with Mickey at 1AM out in Town Square sounds like fun!

drew81

Original Poster
So, now Tinkerbell's Nook is NOT opening at 6am as Drew had said earlier? I also noticed that this new schedule has Princesses starting later and Mickey ending earlier.

When did I say that about Tink?

I'm sure the schedule Steve has is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom