Leap Day Entertainment

benji

So the free ears are gone. I hope there's still some available for purchase when I get there!!! So excited, can wait for the hub dance party tonight :)

Tori

Did anyone hear if Flynn Ryder will be making an appearance tonight? I heard some rumors on another forum but not much else was said..

backinaction

30 bucks for the tshirts! come on Disney. Well atleast i got a free button out of it. Crowds started to get massive. Cant wait to go back tonight!

InLikeFlynn

Did anyone hear if Flynn Ryder will be making an appearance tonight? I heard some rumors on another forum but not much else was said..

He'll be there for the late night-into the morning hours. I don't think he's showing up till pretty late though.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't know; many people there seem to be having a good time. And the lines at the early opening were pretty deep.

GrumpyFan24

Yea i dont think this is a dud for WDW. If i had the time and money i would be there all night, something that dosn't always happen. I loved the pics of the fog in the monring at frontiertown.

mickeysaver

Personally, I had a blast! I think Disney did a great job on this one. While I didn't get the passholder ear email, I was able to get passholder ears and early admission anyway because so many people that signed up did not show, so they started allowing other passholders in too. I went to all 4 parks yesterday, which allowed for me to ride the monorail, the ferry, a bus, and a resort boat, which means that I road in all forms of free Disney transport yesterday. I got pictures with Mickey in each park. I was able to grab a One More Disney Day logo PhotoPass picture for free thanks having a Disney Visa. I rode lots of rides, talked to lots of nice CM's and guests, enjoyed several shows and even though I pooped out around 1 am due to only having had 3 hours sleep and getting up at 3 am in order to be there for rope drop, I can still say that it was the best solo day with the Mouse ever!

I saw Mickey & Minnie in the pj's in the morning. I saw Thumper and Miss Bunny at AK yesterday morning. I got to see Disco Yeti in action, which I had not seen in a while. I saw a couple of bald eagles soaring over Studios. At Epcot, I enjoyed a great lunch in Morocco. I was able to see many of the topiaries were already out for the Flower and Garden Festival, including Lady & the Tramp, Cinderalla and Aurora dancing with their princes. Belle, Beast, Cogsworth, Lumiere, Chip & Mrs. Potts were out in France. Buzz, Woody, and Lotso were out over in the American Pavillion. Finally, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs were out too. Oh and there was also a huge peacock in FW. At MK, I saw Phineas and Ferb out. I got to meet Duffy in his sailor suit! Chip and Dale were out in Tomorrowland attire. I caught Captain Jack Sparrow over at Pirates for a meet & greet. I was pleased to still find event logo cake pops and cupcakes for sale at 9 pm last night over in Frontierland at the General Store. Basically, even though it was crowded with people, the ride times were pretty managable, with walk ons most of the day until about 4pm and then returning to that again after midnight.

My biggest complaint of the whole event was that it was not from midnight to midnight. Had it been done like that, I would have been able to have made it 24 hours, but 6am to 6am in the middle of the week made it impossible for this old chic to hang. lol

I hope they do this again sometime. I really enjoyed it and wish that I was at WDW again today for more pixie dust. I don't think there can ever be enough. (sigh)

WDWBryan

Were the passholder ears different? Because it looked like they ended up just giving out ears and buttons to everyone

Jakester

I did the whole 24hours (I got to the parking lot at 4am, and left at 6:40am)

I really enjoyed the whole Spending the Night in the Park, I loved the background music for the evening in the lands, and the DJ at Cinderella Castle did great, And who doesn't like The Magic, The Memories, and You at 5:30am?

Disney really did great, I went on CBJ at 2am and it was a full theatre!

joanna71985

I had so much fun! I arrived around 5:30am on Wed, and didn't leave until after 6:20am on Thurs. The waits, for the most part, were pretty manageable. The worst wait was for Mickey and Minnie, once they were in their PJs (I waited over an hour).

mickeysaver

Were the passholder ears different? Because it looked like they ended up just giving out ears and buttons to everyone

Yes, the Passholder Ears were different in that they had the logo that was on the free button on them instead of the usual Mickey Logo on the front and the embroidered Leap Day stuff on the back side of the hat. They look like the ones the lady is wearing in the first picture here - http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ceive-limited-edition-commemorative-ear-hats/

The Passholder Ears that were not picked up by about 5:30am were starting to be handed out to pretty much any AP holder that wanted them. They scanned your AP before they would give them to you though. So somewhere, in a Disney computer, they know that I have ears. :drevil:

I noticed that the buttons were done more first thing in the morning and then after dark more than throughout the regular day hours. I think that pretty much any guest that wanted a button could have one. I didn't get the idea that they were only for the AP holders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom