Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

motox7

im getting nervous you guys :lookaroun i would have thought they would have made the base of the castle a little bigger then make then top smaller

cbconglom

im getting nervous you guys :lookaroun i would have thought they would have made the base of the castle a little bigger then make then top smaller

Exactly of course I will wait til it's done for final judgement but I was hoping for something a little closer to the other castle on a mountain

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

That would totally destroy the forced perspective. The way they have done it will make the whole castle appear to be far off in the distance.

The way you describe would only make the castle appear to be taller than it really is.

BigThunderMatt

Yep this is the exciting part. In a few months it is going to look like they have stopped working on the project because all we will be able to see is few odds and ends being moved around outside the buildings as all the work is going to be going on inside.

Actually, work IS being done inside already. Passing by the Little Mermaid building on a daily basis they do have an opening in the back that allows one to see the interior and there has been quite a bit of work going on the past few months. Nothing ride-related of course, all structural. But I've watched it evolve from a big open space with a pit of cement in the middle to what are clearly dividing walls for show scenes being erected.

Be Our Guest is looking to be a 2-level building with the kitchens at Utilidor level and the guest areas at Fantasyland level.

cbconglom

Actually, work IS being done inside already. Passing by the Little Mermaid building on a daily basis they do have an opening in the back that allows one to see the interior and there has been quite a bit of work going on the past few months. Nothing ride-related of course, all structural. But I've watched it evolve from a big open space with a pit of cement in the middle to what are clearly dividing walls for show scenes being erected.

Be Our Guest is looking to be a 2-level building with the kitchens at Utilidor level and the guest areas at Fantasyland level.

Thanks for the insight!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wouldn't worry, Disney is a master of forced perspective. Being forced perspective it's going to look a little funny until the rest of the detail is installed. It sorta makes sense that they put this up early since I assume it can be easily seen over the construction walls. It gives people a hint of what is coming.

A while back I remember someone posted a picture of a ride that I believe was from one of the non-US Disney parts that demonstrated nicely how something like this will look. Anyone have an idea of what ride that was?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wouldn't worry, Disney is a master of forced perspective. Being forced perspective it's going to look a little funny until the rest of the detail is installed. It sorta makes sense that they put this up early since I assume it can be easily seen over the construction walls. It gives people a hint of what is coming.

A while back I remember someone posted a picture of a ride that I believe was from one of the non-US Disney parts that demonstrated nicely how something like this will look. Anyone have an idea of what ride that was?

Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Tokyo
queenofhearts_exterior.jpg

WDW2010

Disney is giving everyone a little sneak peak of what is to come. The castle does look small but as you look at the drawn pictures of Fantasy land Beasts castle appears into the distance. As a few people have said Disney is the best at perspectives we just need to wait until the final product

CTXRover

Thanks Steve for the photos. Looks great. The detail on the castle is wonderful (many small windows, railings, and other decorative items if you zoom in to the pics and I'm sure there are a lot of finishing details/painting that will be done once its fully installed).

I see no need to be concerned about its size. It seems many here and on twitter have mentioned how "small" it is...which I think was always the plan. From the concept art and model, I always expected it to be smallish as it is supposed to seem to be way off in the distance. In fact, I can easily see how when the rock work and trees are in place with the appropriate scale that the castle will look like it is way off in the distance, as it should if we are standing outside Belle's house or the nearby village. A bigger castle would ruin that forced perspective. Its obviously still missing its tallest tower and possibly some other section or two, but so far, looks great.

jt04

It actually looks better than I had anticipated.

It should really look amazing at night when you can't see the real trees behind the castle. That is my only concern with scale. I think someone needs to sharpen up the chain saw.

It will especially impress people who don't know it is there.

More of this kind of stuff please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom