Latest Info on Midway Mania!

figment1988

it's really nice to see something good being added to the soundstage areas, by the way, i hope the midway mania guns are more like universal's Men in Black ride (by that, i mean that the guns aren't mounted to the ride vehicle).

righttrack

Given the scope of MGM, there is little for small children, 4-7. This, being a Buzz-like ride, fills the gap. I'd question the technology and theming, but you need something for this audience at MGM.

CaptainMichael

righttrack said:
Given the scope of MGM, there is little for small children, 4-7. This, being a Buzz-like ride, fills the gap. I'd question the technology and theming, but you need something for this audience at MGM.
Please don't question the technology, it is very neat and innovative.

However, I give you full permission to question the theming unless it turns out like Steve described, being a part of a CGI movie, in this case, Toy Story.

CaptainMichael

Mr Bill said:
I like the sound of the idea, but do think that a second Toy Story themed ride is overkill.
It would have been better suited for the Incredibles IMO. Makes you wonder what else they have up their sleeves...

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:
It would have been better suited for the Incredibles IMO. Makes you wonder what else they have up their sleeves...
Don't you think you may be jumping the gun a little with your new signature? :lol:

brertigger

PeeplMoovr said:
This sounds to me like a newer-technology version of the Virtual Pirates ride in Disneyquest, only that the ride vehicle actually moves. That, too, has virtual 3-d gameplay with several players at once in one ride vehicle interacting with the attraction.
I'm not downplaying it at all - I'm excited that something will be in that part of the park that I want to do. I'm just wondering if this is anyone else's take on this whole thing - before we have much more information, of course.
The Virtual Pirates Ride was also the first thing that I thought of.
I thought that ride was pretty cool.

speck76

STR8FAN2005 said:
True, but from the information we have, it sounds unlike anything I've ever experienced.
it does....but that does not mean it is going to be either good, or bad...

I will give it a chance, as I don't like to judge something prior to the actually experience....

CaptainMichael

speck76 said:
it does....but that does not mean it is going to be either good, or bad...

I will give it a chance, as I don't like to judge something prior to the actually experience....
Well, it doesn't take much to beat an empty building and a played out game show attraction.

However, I understand what you're saying.

Lee

Adventurer
Just a hunch....but I'm guessing there will be similarities between this attraction and the Monsters Inc. ride going into Tokyo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom