Latest Info on Midway Mania!

imagineer boy

It sounds pretty cool! IMO it would've been better off in the MGM area near the Pizza Planet restaurant, but oh well. But Steve's right though, it will give the park good balance in crowd flow. So, I'm all in for this, and hopefullly this might cancel the Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland rumor. ( or atleast, I hope )

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
So, I'm all in for this, and hopefullly this might cancel the Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland rumor. ( or atleast, I hope )

That isnt going anywhere, its underway as we speak.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
We have a timetable for Midway, roughly 8 months (as of April) to closure for Millionaire then re/grand-opening in 2008.

What's it look like for Monsters?

speck76

mousermerf said:
We have a timetable for Midway, roughly 8 months (as of April) to closure for Millionaire then re/grand-opening in 2008.

What's it look like for Monsters?
2008?....in time for MGM's 20th :lookaroun

mickeysgal

So what is going behind Al's Toy Barn? Was this ride supposed to go there and Disney changed plans, or is something else going there?

Besides the location, I think it sounds like a really great attraction!!! Sounds like very good quality, and that's what I think the word "Disney" stands for!!!

Connor002

Interesting...
However, I think I'll wait a while before passing judgment on this one.
For some reason, I'm not... "thrilled" by the concept.
Eh... *shrug*

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I agree.. it just was something that seemed thrilling with VR first came out, but I'm already nostalgic for real set pieces. It could be good though.

My experience says a lighting designer is behind this. They have an affinity with projects, screens, etc. This was seen with M:S, Soarin' and many rumors of new rides with "Screen based technology" over the last year or so. The video on disneyparkpirates.com which so lovingly discusses lighting upgrades (the same way the "small world" update did) furthers my beleif.

I say let them get it out of their system ;) They don't do bad work, they just have apreference. Usually when they get their "denoument" project they move back to old forms and such.

speck76

I think the technology sounds so 'new" that I am having a hard time judging how I feel.....

I don't really like to talk about my feelings

anyway....I like the interactive aspect....interactive is typically a good thing, and I think is more satisfying to the avg guest.....the days of being wowed by a low moving vehicle looking at sets are in the past....

I also like how WDC is using new technology, and not falling back to the same old stuff that has been used for years...

PeeplMoovr

This sounds to me like a newer-technology version of the Virtual Pirates ride in Disneyquest, only that the ride vehicle actually moves. That, too, has virtual 3-d gameplay with several players at once in one ride vehicle interacting with the attraction.
I'm not downplaying it at all - I'm excited that something will be in that part of the park that I want to do. I'm just wondering if this is anyone else's take on this whole thing - before we have much more information, of course.

Perhaps another AA ride will be in Disney Studios future (I hope).

Thanks for the info.

HandyAndy

So in what ways is the ride going to be similar with Spiderman besides 3D? Will the ride vechiles be capable of all those fancy movements as in Spiderman, anyone have any guesses or know because I don't think much has been confirmed yet regarding this!

WeLComeHomE OKW

the technology sounds exciting, but how can they justify putting in another shooter with Toy Story Characters? just cuz its in a new park?. I hope its more than just some random Toy Story characters instructing where to shoot...cuz that would be pretty lame.

I pray they include a story arc of some kind and they can justify having more Toy Story ppl in WDW making us shoot at things.

dizneeboy

yes, not very excited about this one just quite yet. Hopefully it won't be a completely submersive CG environment and will be more of a mix like spiderman. What, are we going to be wearing CG helmets the whole time?

Very interesting. But i'm sad to see Millionaire go. I'm sorry but I love it. I go all the time because its always different and so much fun. The last time I went I was the Fastest Finger and had to decline but it was a blast :D I'd hate to see it go :(

animay

I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around this one. I just can't picture how this is going to be even with the very nice description of things we just got. It doesn't sound like the ride was planned around Toy Story, but rather the characters were added as an after thought just to showcase this new technology. Especially since we already have a Toy Story shooting ride. Maybe after they release some concept art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom