Last Year For Fantasmic?

Ausdaddy

Would anyone oppose them completely demo-ing the area and putting in Aladdin the Musical?

I would prefer something original. Don't get me wrong, Aladdin is great, but I don't want to see it in WDW. If we had to have a show from somewhere else, that would be a good choice.

sorcerergoofy

Fantasmic! is my favorite attraction/show in ALL of Disney World! Seeing it replaced would break my heart! I'll be seeing it tomorrow night....hopefully it won't be for the last time :cry:.

dxwwf3

I think it would be a huge mistake to replace Fantasmic. I think it is without a doubt the best of all nighttime WDW offerings and I doubt World of Color is a better overall show. I would love to see a similar style theater added to the AK to bring a WoC type of show there, but not at the expense of Fantasmic.

s8film40

You know now that I've thought about this for a little while I could actually see them replacing it with WOC. Yes it could be done. The show could be configured a little differently to fit the area. If they removed the mountain and added some other backdrop they could add a sizable amount of space. No of course it wouldn't be as big but the island and river they have for Fantasmic are no where near the same size as they are at Disneyland either. There's one very important difference between the two show and it's labor it takes a lot of entertainment labor to put on Fantasmic, I'm sure that's a big part of why they scaled back the performances. I think they might look at the long term labor savings and decide to swap out their cheap rip off of Fantasmic for a cheap rip off of WOC, makes sense to me.

TalkingHead

I think it would be a huge mistake to replace Fantasmic. I think it is without a doubt the best of all nighttime WDW offerings and I doubt World of Color is a better overall show. I would love to see a similar style theater added to the AK to bring a WoC type of show there, but not at the expense of Fantasmic.

:ROFLOL:Hey, Erwin, it's not even better than the original DL Fantasmic from 1992, much less the state-of-the-art WOC.

dxwwf3

:ROFLOL:Hey, Erwin, it's not even better than the original DL Fantasmic from 1992, much less the state-of-the-art WOC.

I love the Disneyland Fantasmic. I don't think one is any better than the other honestly. I think the Pocahontas scene from DHS' version is underrated.

WoC looks great, but I personally think I'll enjoy both Fantasmic versions more due to the nature of the shows. :shrug:

WDWGoof07

I love the Disneyland Fantasmic. I don't think one is any better than the other honestly. I think the Pocahontas scene from DHS' version is underrated.
I don't understand the hate for the Pocahontas scene. I think it's well done, and it makes better use of the entire stage than the Peter Pan scene at DL (but it's still really cool, especially the cannon at the beginning!).

But I don't favor one version over the other either. They're both awesome.

Skyway

For those of you eager to trade in Fantasmic for World of Color...do your homework first.

The first reviews are coming in for WoC. Although it sounds like it is visually stunning, many still prefer Fantasmic.

sponono88

I've been keeping up with the reviews, and I've seen very few of those comments. In fact i've been hearing the opposite - people saying they think World of Color blows F! out of the water.

Me? I can't choose one over the other. I've seen both live and in person, and they're completely different shows on a very different scale -- they're both special in their own way. WoC feels bigger and grander - much more of a spectacle (a huge fire sequence, and the best lasers i've ever seen - not to mention all the fountains.)

Next Big Thing

As much as I dislike the WDW Fantasmic, why replace something that gets huge crowds?
On the surface I agree with this statement. What honestly needs to happen is, instead of replacing Fantasmic!, update it like they did in DL last year and maybe even update the show to incorporate some newer, more recent movies. Some of the movies that are in WDW's Fantasmic are really irrelevant today. Then, instead of cloning WoC over to WDW, bring the same system used to create the show, put it in AK and create an entirely new show that will fit the theme of AK. I think that would be the best route to go. That way, you are updating a great show and bringing in what would hopfully be a great show to AK, yet not cloning what they have over at DCA.

WDW1974

Fantasmic isn't 'likely' (key word) going anywhere. It certainly isn't being replaced by WoC, which looks amazing and which I had hoped to be seeing tomorrow night.

That said, read some of the reviews of WoC on Micechat and Sue Kruse's column and you'll find the show isn't being totally gushed over. ... I wonder how much of this has to do with The Weatherman's tinkering, including cutting the show's time, certain show scenes as well as its 'Little Squirt' character.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned Fantasmic in Anaheim recently received a multi-million dollar updating and looks phenomenal, while O-Town's show was in the worst, most pathetic state I have ever seen it a few weeks ago. And TDS is due to get a very new, very pricey and quite different version of the show in less than two years.

I have a hard time believing WDW's version will see any love or attention at all (review The Weatherman's recent comments on current levels of investment in the parks and resorts division now vs. what he expects by 2014 if you'd like to sober up from any notions that major goodies are coming you way in Orlando's parks).

Mickey is King

Ca anyone say "Price of Persia"?

Seriously though, I am quite certain that Fantasmic! has only been cut back to save $$$$$- typical........

The show is PACKED for almost every show, everytime.
Although, DW does change shows from time to time: crocodile dundee stunt show is now Indy.

BrerFrog

I think something needs to be done about DHS' Fantasmic. Either update it, or take it down. In its current state it pales in comparison to other night time shows on property.

s8film40

After watching the videos of WOC, I think it is almost certain that (while maybe not immediately) WOC will eventually replace Fantasmic.

WDWGoof07

Just finished watching a video of World of Color. Wow, that's awesome! I'd love to see it in person. Not since IJA have I been so jealous toward Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom