Last Year For Fantasmic?

AllysonB

I would love to see something new. I saw F! In the late 90's and thought it was incredible; when I finally got to see it with my kids last year I was kinda let down. My kids enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't a highlight for them. Whether it's just an update or WOC I would be happy, but until then I probably won't plan to see the show again.

TP2000

I'd love to see a Fantasmic and World of Color hybrid. Now that would be absolutly epic.

That's about what Tokyo DisneySea is getting next year. The theme is Fantasmic!, but the technology is almost all World of Color. It should be stunning. The last lagoon show at DisneySea that I saw left me scratching my head, so this new version of Fantasmic! should be fabulous.

TP2000

Also for those of you interested... WOC cost 70 million. I dont think TDO is willing to spend that much money.

That's a lot. Does that include the cost of Paradise Park? That park turned out very fancy and incredibly well done, so they obviously didn't cut any corners on the land either.

I wonder what they are spending on the DCA Glow Fest street party? Carnivale of Color pre-show puppets? The World of Color decorations all over the park and Resort? The new costumes with LED lighting in them that Guest Relations and Main Entrance Cast Members are wearing at DCA this summer?

It must have all cost a fortune. :eek:

imagineer boy

That's about what Tokyo DisneySea is getting next year. The theme is Fantasmic!, but the technology is almost all World of Color. It should be stunning. The last lagoon show at DisneySea that I saw left me scratching my head, so this new version of Fantasmic! should be fabulous.

Wow, that will be spectacular.

I'm a little sad to see BraviSEAmo go though, sure it was a little confusing but that's becaue it was mostly abstact. Loved the music and imagery.

That's a lot. Does that include the cost of Paradise Park? That park turned out very fancy and incredibly well done, so they obviously didn't cut any corners on the land either.

Err, you mean the Paradise Pier themed area of DCA? It wasn't much really, just a bit of a facelift to the already existing land, but it is a massive improvement.

I wonder what they are spending on the DCA Glow Fest street party? Carnivale of Color pre-show puppets? The World of Color decorations all over the park and Resort? The new costumes with LED lighting in them that Guest Relations and Main Entrance Cast Members are wearing at DCA this summer?

It must have all cost a fortune. :eek:

Technically the whole shibang including WOC that DCA's getting is over a billion dollars. That fact alone shows just how much TDO sucks.

Err, you mean the Paradise Pier themed area of DCA? It wasn't much really, just a bit of a facelift to the already existing land, but it is a massive improvement.

No, Paradise Park. A park built for the perfect viewing of WoC.

Technically the whole shibang including WOC that DCA's getting is over a billion dollars. That fact alone shows just how much TDO sucks.
Agreed.

Judging from the videos, WoC is basically three of the same show playing at once at times. I'm sure they can cut away at the technology to bring us the same scale show in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. You do realize there's about the same amount of water behind the Fantasmic! mountain that there is in front, right? Maybe they can format the show to be 360° and have seating wrap around.

TP2000

No, Paradise Park, that's the title given to the new Victorian park-like amphitheater built for World of Color.

They demolished and bulldozed the basic amphitheater that was there since 2001...

dl09-100_1303.JPG

And built this instead, with fountains and lighting and spefx built into the terraced viewing area...

PP1-032610-AVP.jpg

They built a custom amphitheater for DHS Fantasmic! as well, so there is a precedence for this at WDW.

_Scar

If they wanted it at DHS then they'd just make the theater bigger.

But I doubt it's coming in and we would get the new F! that Tokyo is getting if anything.

TP2000

If they wanted it at DHS then they'd just make the theater bigger.

But I doubt it's coming in and we would get the new F! that Tokyo is getting if anything.

Go re-read the posts in this thread about the physical size of Paradise Bay and the World of Color infrastructure compared to DHS Fantasmic! and the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. Pay special attention to the stats, and how close Buena Vista Drive is on the north and the natural waterway is on the south of the DHS Fantasmic! facility.

If something on the scale of World of Color would go to WDW, it could only go in an enlarged and rebuilt lagoon at DAK near Everest, the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot, or in Bay Lake in front of one of the Deluxe Resort Hotels.

Similarly, the Tokyo DisneySea lagoon and their new Fantasmic! is on a scale that is completely different (larger) than DHS or Disneyland's Fantasmic!.

_Scar

Go re-read the posts in this thread about the physical size of Paradise Bay and the World of Color infrastructure compared to DHS Fantasmic! and the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. Pay special attention to the stats, and how close Buena Vista Drive is on the north and the natural waterway is on the south of the DHS Fantasmic! facility.

If something on the scale of World of Color would go to WDW, it could only go in an enlarged and rebuilt lagoon at DAK near Everest, the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot, or in Bay Lake in front of one of the Deluxe Resort Hotels.

Similarly, the Tokyo DisneySea lagoon and their new Fantasmic! is on a scale that is completely different (larger) than DHS or Disneyland's Fantasmic!.

Go to Bing maps and pay special attention to how the stadium could be easily enlarged. Disney has done way more drastic to accomodate. If WoC winds up being a penny saver then TDO will bite for the bait. It could happen, but not likely IMO.

And WoC could go in DAK Lagoon, but imo i really just does not fit into DAK's theme whatsoever.

And Tokyo's would be on barges that move around a large, large area. I'm sure they could fit it to our F!'s arena.

Aurora's#1Fan

Go to Bing maps and pay special attention to how the stadium could be easily enlarged. Disney has done way more drastic to accomodate. If WoC winds up being a penny saver then TDO will bite for the bait. It could happen, but not likely IMO.

And WoC could go in DAK Lagoon, but imo i really just does not fit into DAK's theme whatsoever.

And Tokyo's would be on barges that move around a large, large area. I'm sure they could fit it to our F!'s arena.

Here is a comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could you expand DHS F! area? Sure but where are the control booths going to go? Water will spraying all onto the road. The road is too close. Natural water way next door. Even if you do expand it, it is still way too small

_Scar

Here is a comparison

Could you expand DHS F! area? Sure but where are the control booths going to go? Water will spraying all onto the road. The road is too close. Natural water way next door. Even if you do expand it, it is still way too small

I'm no expert, but I'm sure WDI can manage to find a way.

Look at LMA, didn't seem like that could fit with the canal, but they ended up rerouting the canal.

And the 75 million probably icludes developing the actual show. So, it shouldnt cost near that amount to be placed in another park.

Aurora's#1Fan

I'm no expert, but I'm sure WDI can manage to find a way.

Look at LMA, didn't seem like that could fit with the canal, but they ended up rerouting the canal.

And the 75 million probably icludes developing the actual show. So, it shouldnt cost near that amount to be placed in another park.

Idk what LMA is.

But I doubt that designing the show took up a huge amount of the money. Buy yourself some high tech designing programs and boom start designing. The 1,200 jets, 6-10 humungo spotlights, fire shooters, LED rings around the jets, lasers, 26 projectors, 380 foot screen, football field size stage took up all the money.

I also dont see how you will reroute a lake when the lake doesnt even move....

SeaCastle

The New York Times is today quoting a price of 75 Million Dollars for World of Color. :eek:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/business/10disney.html?src=busln

Interesting story there about World of Color, the rebirth of DCA, and the amount of money being poured into it.

Anyone know what type of budget TDO might be willing to work with for a new water show at WDW? Is there a limit that they would not go over?

I always thought the price was over $100,000,000? Either way, it's incredible what a little bit of capital could do. Seeing the current management at TDO, I'd think if we did get anything it would be a dumbed-down, slashed-budget version of DCA's apparent masterpiece. Much as how World of Color will be a shot in the arm to the once-wavering Disney's California Adventure, a World of Color could possibly serve the same purpose at WDW's Studios park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom