News Lasseter taking leave of absence

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes but very different than assault. I am not justifying it. It’s just important to get it straight.

And I would agree. But many don't understand that distinction. Which is why it is so important to not lump each individual and their behavior together.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So was it because he was really really touchy feely? Or....is there a lot more coming out we haven't heard. If it's because he was "Touchy Feely" , we have all had friends like this. Yeah....they can make you feel uncomfortable but couldn't someone have said something? Taken it up the company ladder so the CEO could have told him to stop with the long hugs, stair downs, rubbing of legs. They could have been...., "John? What the F man! Knock off the touchy feely stuff, women are complaining. You are becoming known for it." But...no one told him? Ever?
Kind of seems unfair if this was the first time he was confronted. He might have honestly thought he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Again....only implies if he was just "touchy feely", if he was a sexual predator then I take back what I'm saying. I have a feeling it was more and I'm sure information will start pouring out.
You mean go against the man that controls the two biggest animation studios in the world? Also putting you hand on someone’s thigh leaning over and whispering in her ear how beautiful her eyes are is not the behavior of a coworker. It’s completely inappropriate at work. This is about more than the “hugs” he has apologized for. Woman saying they had to learn to turn their face away so they wouldn’t be kissed on the lips. Trying not to sit next to your boss in meeting because his hands world wonder is a problem. You can’t treat people like this.

CinematicFusion

Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances. She and Will McCormack left due to creative and philosophical differences. They remain enormous fans of Pixar films but Pixar is a culture where women and people of color haven't had equal opportunities. They hope Pixar can be more encouraging and promote more diverse and female story tellers. They also said they are happy people are coming forward about being uncomfortable.

WOW....that is a big story error. If he didn't hit on women and was just overly touchy (which again I can't stand) it could have been corrected. John Lasseter might not have know he was doing anything wrong and the whole time he was a running joke at Disney. Wow.
I'm sure he is devastated tonight. All these people he thought liked him turns out the entire time he was making them sick and uncomfortable for two decades. Is he a sexual predator?....the world thinks so tonight.

CinematicFusion

You mean go against the man that controls the two biggest animation studios in the world? Also putting you hand on someone’s thigh leaning over and whispering in her ear how beautiful her eyes are is not the behavior of a coworker. It’s completely inappropriate at work. This is about more than the “hugs” he has apologized for. Woman saying they had to learn to turn their face away so they wouldn’t be kissed on the lips. Trying not to sit next to your boss in meeting because his hands world wonder is a problem. You can’t treat people like this.

That's why I said have the CEO confront him. If the CEO doesn't have the guts to confront the top talent, the studio is in trouble. There should have been a system in place for employees to talk to their managers and they could relay the message up to someone who had the power to confront him.
So if I was CEO...you bet you butt I would have confronted him.

the.dreamfinder

14063ADB-3CFC-40E4-B042-4DD9E260D200.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
WOW....that is a big story error. If he didn't hit on women and was just overly touchy (which again I can't stand) it could have been corrected. John Lasseter might not have know he was doing anything wrong and the whole time he was a running joke at Disney. Wow.
I'm sure he is devastated tonight. All these people he thought liked him turns out the entire time he was making them sick and uncomfortable for two decades. Is he a sexual predator?....the world thinks so tonight.

Most companies have some type of sexual harassment training. To not have such puts the company at great liability. I don't buy the assertion that Lasseter didn't know what he was doing was inappropriate.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

I’m sorry how can you live in the world and not know it’s wrong to try to kiss your employees on the lips. To put your hand on your employees thigh during a meeting, to learn over and whisper in in their ear how beautiful their eyes look in this light. He should know better they have been doing sexual harassment seminars forever.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
That's why I said have the CEO confront him. If the CEO doesn't have the guts to confront the top talent, the studio is in trouble. There should have been a system in place for employees to talk to their managers and they could relay the message up to someone who had the power to confront him.
So if I was CEO...you bet you butt I would have confronted him.
You think a regular employee has any chance of talking to Iger? Also the reason people get away with this is power. People are scared for their jobs. In one article an employee is quoted as basically saying It was common knowledge but what can you do he controls the two biggest animation studios. You tell and you don’t work again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom