News Lasseter taking leave of absence

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances. She and Will McCormack left due to creative and philosophical differences. They remain enormous fans of Pixar films but Pixar is a culture where women and people of color haven't had equal opportunities. They hope Pixar can be more encouraging and promote more diverse and female story tellers. They also said they are happy people are coming forward about being uncomfortable.

So THR and LA Times got that part wrong?

the.dreamfinder

Puts the following in a different context.
latest

mikejs78

Premium Member
Rashida Jones came forward after this news and said she did not leave the company due to unwanted advances. She and Will McCormack left due to creative and philosophical differences. They remain enormous fans of Pixar films but Pixar is a culture where women and people of color haven't had equal opportunities. They hope Pixar can be more encouraging and promote more diverse and female story tellers. They also said they are happy people are coming forward about being uncomfortable.

This is why I really don't like taking anonymous sources as fact. Already we have one of the assertions of the article debunked. How many more are just gossip rather than things that actually happened? Again, John did wrong here, and he should bear the consequences and the scrutiny of his actions. The question is to what degree, and what is actual fact of things that happened as opposed to anonymously sourced gossip?

JustInTime

Disney Animation and Pixar could be in trouble quality wise. This is deeply concerning to me. John’s role in brining the studio into a new golden age has made him a bit of a hero in my book. This is truly upsetting. I don’t want him to go but I also don’t think he should continue. I am so torn. There is literally nobody as good at crafting a story as he is. I just feel at a loss. I don’t think he will be back.

HauntedMansionFLA

Why is this exploding now? Because women feel more is at stake and are now willing to no longer be silent.[/QUO
People's attention span is about two weeks and then on to the next subject. Remember how up in arms people were about statues? If each person is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We'll see. Peter Docter (Up, Inside Out) has been mentioned as a possible replacement. He seems like someone who could possibly be up to taking that mantle creatively.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
His drinking issue has been apparent. Also did I see one say because he touched her knee it’s Wrong? lol

When the federal statute was enacted in the early 1980s, it defined three levels of harrassment:

1. The quid pro quo - Sleep with me if you want this job
2. Unwanted touching
3. Creating a hostile atmosphere that is uncomfortable. Within this criteria fell things like humor and talk.

CinematicFusion

So was it because he was really really touchy feely? Or....is there a lot more coming out we haven't heard. If it's because he was "Touchy Feely" , we have all had friends like this. Yeah....they can make you feel uncomfortable but couldn't someone have said something? Taken it up the company ladder so the CEO could have told him to stop with the long hugs, stair downs, rubbing of legs. They could have been...., "John? What the F man! Knock off the touchy feely stuff, women are complaining. You are becoming known for it." But...no one told him? Ever?
Kind of seems unfair if this was the first time he was confronted. He might have honestly thought he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Again....only implies if he was just "touchy feely", if he was a sexual predator then I take back what I'm saying. I have a feeling it was more and I'm sure information will start pouring out.

No saying being "Touch Feely" is right, I can't stand it. But it is also something that can be easily addressed. Why did everyone just let it happen? Sounds like it was a running joke at Disney for 2 decades. Again....TWO DECADES!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom